DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

I am so excited for NXT tonight.

What I like: Everyone is expecting Sasha/Bayley to have a "Best Women's Match Ever" result. Having two women put in that position is amazing. I don't think they reach that lofty goal.That's not to say it won't be great. It's just that they have so much expectations on them to deliver something that somehow surpassed what they just did.

It's really great we're at a point where we can be disappointed in a woman's wrestling match. I hope we're not.

Weirdly enough I'm more interested in the aftermath as I keep thinking Bayley will be destroyed either by Kana or Nia Jax.

If you told me 5-7 years ago that;

-i'd be staying up past 1am (Irish time) for a show ran by HHH

-that featured some of the best wrestling and wrestlers in the world

AND

-was main evented by a 30 min womens match, I wouldve laughed right in your face.

I cant wait for this, i have no doubt it will live up to the hype.

• Like 3

I am so excited for NXT tonight.

What I like: Everyone is expecting Sasha/Bayley to have a "Best Women's Match Ever" result. Having two women put in that position is amazing. I don't think they reach that lofty goal.That's not to say it won't be great. It's just that they have so much expectations on them to deliver something that somehow surpassed what they just did.

It's really great we're at a point where we can be disappointed in a woman's wrestling match. I hope we're not.

Weirdly enough I'm more interested in the aftermath as I keep thinking Bayley will be destroyed either by Kana or Nia Jax.

Given the hype, I doubt this happens, but I wouldn't be surprised at Nia Jax causing some sort of screw-job finish.  It would instantly make her the biggest heel in NXT and could actually get the Four Horsewomen aligned together somewhat in NXT if they wanted them semi-part time (which again, seems unlikely).

Unlike some of the past shows, the whole card looks great, no real weaknesses. I know that past cards (though I loved them up and down myself) really turned on the main and semi-main being extremely good. This one should have the undercard to match the main event, which I think will be great if they just steal liberally from Rude/Steamboat Beach Blast '92 (and totally ignore Rude/Rhodes Beach Blast '93)

I am probably nit picking seriously but the idea that Dawson and Wilder is in the semis and they have shown maybe 30 seconds of them in the tournament doesn't give you much hope tonight.  And it wasn't like they were shown much before the classic.    It will be interesting to see how they are shown.   I would think they would want to be put over strong because they have to be a strong contender after beating the tag team champs in the 1st round

Kind of disappointed how little was actually shown of the Dusty Rhodes classic.  It was probably rushed too much

Honestly, my expectations for the Iron Man are high but not HIGH. There are limitations to the match type that make it very hard to have a true classic. But I expect it to be very good.

Hey guys, I'll be in a recording studio most of the night so I won't be able to watch Takeover until tomorrow after work. Don't post anything until tomorrow evening, ok?

Guys...?

• Like 1

I'm expecting Sasha vs. Bayley tonight to be great, but less so than Brooklyn which was maybe my favourite WWE match since WM XXX. That said, the hype has been amazing and I'm so ready for it. Should be great.

Also I finished catching up tonight and holy jeez, Tyler Breeze is like a better young Shawn Michaels. Pair him with like, Corbin as his Diesel and have him win the US Title Challenge already.

Hey guys, I'll be in a recording studio most of the night so I won't be able to watch Takeover until tomorrow after work. Don't post anything until tomorrow evening, ok?

Guys...?

EzKLPGZ.gif

• Like 1

Honestly, my expectations for the Iron Man are high but not HIGH. There are limitations to the match type that make it very hard to have a true classic. But I expect it to be very good.

It's not my favorite match type but I love Steamboat/Rude and I love Rock/HHH.

Probably my two favorite Iron Man matches as well.

She doesn't look like a flesh and blood human being. She looks like she's amde of polygons, like some character model for Bioware game

James

Who the fuck is James?

I know who I am

Do you know who you are?

20140708-seinfeld29-x306-1404866023.jpg

James

So you just type your name into the bottom of the posts to let everyone know that Steve isn't posting from your account?

Just stop giving Steve your passwords.

Fucking Steve, that asshole.

OK... this just made me laugh a good bit. M only regret?

I can only give it but a single LIKE

fuckin Steve

James

Haven't checked the thread in a few days...

McNulty-fuck-did-i-do.jpg

• Like 2

Whenever there is a Takeover special on, I feel like the employees of Empire Records on Rex Manning Day.

You're going to strip down to your bra and panties, then as HHH unzips his pants, freak out and run out crying?

I'm not judging you. It's just an interesting way of going about things.

• Like 2