DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

Did anyone see Sasha Banks in her earliest character and see this coming? Or Bayley? I believe some people wrote Charlotte off after a few matches, too.

Their development was absolutely miraculous. So much needs to happen for this to have worked to the extent it does. It's a perfect mixture of patience, willingness to give the women time, having a willing audience, hiring amazing trainers and having talented women who rose to the occasion, and none of whom really suffered any major injuries, either.

They're essentially resetting the NXT Woman's division now. Bayley could not possibly be in a more important spot -- she's holding the baton and has to make her challengers look good and help them step up their game.

The chances of Carmella becoming Becky Lynch are slim. But she doesn't have to become elite to work out. She just has to get to a level where she's competent enough to have a 8-10 minute match and play a compelling character that can tell a story. I think she has the "play a character" part down incredibly well right now. She just needs match time and she'll be fine on Raw.

• Like 1

IF we come down to any combination of Joe/Balor, Mechanics or Jordan/Gable in the finals, I can safely call it the best WWE tag of the last 10 years.

Rhodes boys vs Shield? 2/3 falls Usos vs Wyatts?

Never heard of em.  Kidding aside, I saw the Rhodes/Shields matches and liked them.  I honestly feel like the tag finals with those teams would top it.

Dana is going to make a lot of people eat some crow imo. She has enough charisma and athleticism to be a good worker 6 months from now. Eva is basically hopeless, and I think Dana has more potential than Carmella as well.  Alexa is probably the one with the most upside if she becomes a good worker then it may finally get Vince to stop this Lana and Eva as the female face of the company nonsense.

Did anyone see Sasha Banks in her earliest character and see this coming? Or Bayley? I believe some people wrote Charlotte off after a few matches, too.

I've watched the full NXT catalog on the Network in order earlier this year.  (Get that old shit up there WWE, I don't want to hear about Hulu contracts or whatever)  Sasha was completely nondescript to me at the beginning.  I could see some flashes but her wrestling and character weren't there yet even last year.  I was more impressed with Charlotte at the beginning of last year.  It started flipping in the second half when Sasha was way more assertive.  When she first became the Boss, she was still in Summer and Charlotte's shadow in the BFFs.  When she went out on her own and then took on Becky as her protege that's when the real Boss came out. 

oFjnMbq.giftumblr_ng2uglTbAE1saykaxo1_400.gif

I still don't think Bayley is the most athletic and struggles at times but you can't teach whatever it is she has that makes people like her.  She's like the prototypical Diva athletically, but actually gives a shit about her abilities and tries to improve.  The key for Bayley (and Sasha for that matter) is that they are wrestling fans first and not wannabe celebrities.

Nah, Eva is the perfect partner for Ziggler; it'll be like watching robots programmed to simulate the human emotion called love (... or any emotion).

I rather they use Breeze as the culprit with Itami. Partly because he's a natural heel and partly because it'll establish the fact that uggle Japanese people hate him.

Dana is gonna be great. She already has her character down and is completely comfortable on camera. She's an athlete and has been getting better week after week.

Shit, I loved her promo where basically said "You fat boys say I'm not a wrestler? I am a Woman wrestler. I didn't go to the Arnold Classic because I'm here to wrestle!" I loved it.

• Like 4

So ive been thinking about what Balor does from here. I think the Joe match is obvious but I also think he will be revealed as the guy who took out Itami.

That is where my problem is.

I dont think the nXt crowd will treat Balor as a heel for that. At best he will get a 50/50 split from the people dancing along to his entrance.

Then I saw his entrance for the match against the Lucha Dragons and it hit me - His entrance is red. All red. Everything.

Heel Balor hooking up with Eva Marie as nXt's power couple.

Who's with me?

resized_your-music-is-bad-meme-generator

• Like 4

I've watched the full NXT catalog on the Network in order earlier this year.  (Get that old shit up there WWE, I don't want to hear about Hulu contracts or whatever)  Sasha was completely nondescript to me at the beginning.  I could see some flashes but her wrestling and character weren't there yet even last year.  I was more impressed with Charlotte at the beginning of last year.  It started flipping in the second half when Sasha was way more assertive.  When she first became the Boss, she was still in Summer and Charlotte's shadow in the BFFs.  When she went out on her own and then took on Becky as her protege that's when the real Boss came out. 

oFjnMbq.giftumblr_ng2uglTbAE1saykaxo1_400.gif

I still don't think Bayley is the most athletic and struggles at times but you can't teach whatever it is she has that makes people like her.  She's like the prototypical Diva athletically, but actually gives a shit about her abilities and tries to improve.  The key for Bayley (and Sasha for that matter) is that they are wrestling fans first and not wannabe celebrities.

Sasha changed during the 2014 title tournament. Prior to that she was wrestling almost completely diva style, but starting there she was busting out new moves almost every week.

As for Dana, the criticism was always ridiculous. Consider Japan where rookies basically wrestle "no move" matches seemingly forever just to get comfortable in the ring and in front of crowds. How many matches did Dana have before she was rushed onto TV?

I really wish Alexa would get to do more than cheap shot Blake and Murphy's opponents. I think she is going to be on the level of Sasha/Becky/Bayley someday.

Also I finally figured out who she reminds me of, moreso than Trish. Caroline, Fez's girlfriend from That 70s Show. Especially when Caroline reappeared late in the show's run.

What a helluva picture.  So cool looking at that.  Speaking of Savage/Eddie I'm pretty sure they wrestled in WCW at some point.  Going to have to look that up.

And I don't know about you all, but I can't wait for Bayley's return tonight.  Just can't get enough of her being awesome and the crowd showing their love.

What a helluva picture. So cool looking at that. Speaking of Savage/Eddie I'm pretty sure they wrestled in WCW at some point. Going to have to look that up.

I'm not sure they did. Savage was one of the guys that never fell too far down the card, while Eddy was never let too far up it, other than that one feud with the Horsemen.

Crazy seeing Crowe/Crews in a WWE ring. And Gargano/Ciampa were very well received. Loved Asuka's video, very excited for her.

But the highlight by leaps and bounds was Bayley. The celebration, the running in the crowd, and especially the stuff with Izzy. No problem saying we were feeling the feels big time. Bayley is so incredibly special in so many ways.