DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

You don't even know where that fucking ring is anymore. It probably got lost trying to pull your head out of your ass.

These days, the Cards are just a gatekeeper to whoever will wind up winning the World Series. You may as well post the gif of Arnold Toht's head melting now just to get it out of the way.

I guess living in New Jersey, I'm supposed to want another Subway Series, but I would really love to see a Yankees/Cardinals World Series, partially to hear the whining from other fanbases, who think the Yankees and Cardinals represent some kind of evil.

Stroman is special. Comes back from ACL surgery way ahead of schedule and comes into meaningful baseball games right away throwing nasty stuff. 

Martin's been crushing it against the Yanks this year. You could see Bailey losing command throughout that awesome back and forth at bat and Martin finally took advantage.

It would be so, so fucking awesome if we could see series against both the Yankees and Royals. Then give us the Cubbies and Cards. BASEBALL BLISS.

Ooooh, Cubs and Pirates start a 3 game series Friday. Looks like Pittsburgh will have a 3 game lead on Chicago going into it.

In the end, I think why so many Yankee haters give Yogi Berra a pass, or just straight up like him, is because he was the Everyman. He could be anyone one of us and turned it into what the American Dream should be. He's not a tarnished hero, just a guy from Missouri that made the most of what he had and through it all remained humble and utterly genuine.

All our heroes should be as pristine as Yogi Berra

James

• Like 1

Also, Piranesi, you and I are at war for the next few games, we'll try not to let our crop of random rookies, backups and utility players who haven't been shut down for the season blow us out too badly, so as to not make you seem too good to your competitors. You can then pick them off when the time is right.