DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

Even better was listening to Matt Williams being incredulous when asked why he would put Pap back in the game after he attacked Harper

"He's our closer. It's a tie game. Why wouldn't I put him back in?"

HA!

Papelbon just went after Bryce Harper in the Nats locker room

Days after he was critical of Papelbon beaning Machado.

CP73cwDUsAQ57H1.jpg

What a trade.

The two month rental closer with a piss poor attitude going after their franchise player has to guarantee Rizzo and Williams are gone after the season. Drew Storen wouldn't have tried to choke Bryce Harper.

I totally agree that Papelbon is bad news for any team, but what he did today to "instigate" this fight didn't seem to be all that awful. He told Harper that he should go hard down the line. I don't disagree with that at all. 

Especially considering I have seen Harper jake it on tons of ground balls and easy pop flies. I don't think it is worthy of a jump off the elevated bench and a chokehold/wall slam, but Harper also did tell him "Let's go!" Both guys were wrong for their individual actions, but painting Papelbon as the sole villain in this I think is kind of incorrect. 

And yeah, Arrieta is a bad motherfucker. I'm hoping he has a long career chock full of the dominance he has shown off this year.

Arrieta is god.

They can play the Wild Card game on the moon and it won't make a difference if Arrieta is on the mound. Pirates better win the division or they are fucked.

I totally agree that Papelbon is bad news for any team, but what he did today to "instigate" this fight didn't seem to be all that awful. He told Harper that he should go hard down the line. I don't disagree with that at all. 

Especially considering I have seen Harper jake it on tons of ground balls and easy pop flies. I don't think it is worthy of a jump off the elevated bench and a chokehold/wall slam, but Harper also did tell him "Let's go!" Both guys were wrong for their individual actions, but painting Papelbon as the sole villain in this I think is kind of incorrect. 

And yeah, Arrieta is a bad motherfucker. I'm hoping he has a long career chock full of the dominance he has shown off this year.

But since one will be off the team very shortly, and one is the franchise, the angle with naturally make Papelbon the villan. . . 

The "jinx" deal is dumb, but I like to abide by it. If anyone jinxed it, blame the MLB app. They now put up a little red banner on the scoreboard page indicating "No Hitter" or "Perfect Game". 

Also, with the rookie dress up deal, Brett Anderson tweeted that it tends to lose some of its luster when you just got swept by the worst team in the division. I agree completely, but you have to give the rooks some shit, right?

One time the Blues were up 3-0 in a game midway through the 3rd period, and I mentioned to a friend that I hope we can get Chris Mason (Our Goalie at the time) a shutout. 4 goals in 5 shots later, I swore to never ever jinx again, legitimate or not.

Also, this.

Jake Arrieta in his last 19 starts: .89 ERA, 141 IP

Jake Arrieta since the ASB: .80 ERA, 101.1 IP

Jake Arrieta since August 1st" .44 ERA, 82.1 IP

Finally go to work so I could post it

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/jonathan-papelbon-bryce-harper-fight-current-ex-players-support-pitcher-long-time-coming-092715

Basically "Veteran players have a throbbing erection to hate Bryce Harper and slap him around with said erection"

I really should start a Nats dumpster fire thread