DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

BUT 200 INNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a fuck how many sycophantic Rogers announcers or talk show hosts or whoever say "these fans bitch about everything, shut up!" The Jays should've gone for the AL and not handed the Orioles two games. The game after clinching the division, sure. But the next day? Maybe save the celebrations for when you win something that matters.

Just looking at KC's and Torahna's home/away records:

KC - home: 51-30, away: 43-37

TOR - home: 53-28, away: 40-40 (on their way to 41 Ls)

----

Do the Angels play the Astros in a one game play-in to get into the one game play-in if the former wins and the latter loses?

Blue Jays win and Royals lose:

Blue Jays get No. 1 seed, play wild-card game winner
Royals win or Blue Jays lose:

- Royals get No. 1 seed, play WC game winner
Yankees win, Astros win and Angels win:

AL West tiebreaker: Astros at Rangers
AL WC game: Astros/Rangers loser at Yankees
Yankees win, Astros win and Rangers win:

AL WC game: Astros at Yankees
(Rangers win AL West, no tiebreaker games)

Yankees win, Astros lose and Angels win:

AL No. 2 WC game tiebreaker: Angels at Astros
AL WC game: Angels/Astros at Yankees

Yankees win, Astros lose and Rangers win:

Yankees lose, Astros win and Angels win:

AL West tiebreaker: Astros at Rangers
AL WC game: Yankees at Astros/Rangers loser
Yankees lose, Astros win and Rangers win:

AL WC game: Yankees at Astros
Yankees lose, Astros lose and Angels win:

AL No. 2 WC tiebreaker: Angels at Astros
AL WC game: Angels/Astros at Yankees
Yankees lose, Astros lose and Rangers win:

And Dee Gordon had himself a day to win the batting title. Big year for him, SB crown, batting title, 200 H. I don't watch a ton of Marlins games, but I know he has been good in the field as well, anyone know if he'll have a shot at a GG or the Fielding Bible award?

The "Best Record in the AL" race could have been different if the Jays/Orioles game on Tuesday didn't get rained out (or if the Thursday game didn't get moved up to noon after a doubleheader due to concerns about a hurricane).

I think John Gibbons kinda gets treated like how people used to treat Ned Yost before last year. Basically, if the Jays lose in the ALDS, there'll be people blaming it on Gibbons.

Actually, out of the 10 playoff managers, I think the 4 managers with the best reputations are all in the Wild Card game (Maddon/Hurdle, Girardi/Hinch). The other 6 are Yost, Gibbons, Banister, Matheny, Mattingly, and Terry Collins.

I've said this before but it bears repeating: The Pirates only hope is to keep it scoreless into extra innings and hope the Cubs eventually have to pull Arrieta. He is pretty much unhittable at this point.

If I were the Pirates, I'd have considered starting Liriano over Cole. Cubs don't hit him well at all.

Also, amusingly enough: Cubs are the best road team in baseball, and Jake Arrieta is 15-1 on the Road this year. 

I still have no real expectations for the playoffs. Win or lose, 97 wins for a team coming off there stretch is awesome. 

I've said this before but it bears repeating: The Pirates only hope is to keep it scoreless into extra innings and hope the Cubs eventually have to pull Arrieta. He is pretty much unhittable at this point.

don't rule out a runner reaching 2nd on a throwing error, advancing to 3rd on a groundout, scoring on another groundout, and finishing 1-0 without getting a hit.

The "Best Record in the AL" race could have been different if the Jays/Orioles game on Tuesday didn't get rained out (or if the Thursday game didn't get moved up to noon after a doubleheader due to concerns about a hurricane).

I think John Gibbons kinda gets treated like how people used to treat Ned Yost before last year. Basically, if the Jays lose in the ALDS, there'll be people blaming it on Gibbons.

Actually, out of the 10 playoff managers, I think the 4 managers with the best reputations are all in the Wild Card game (Maddon/Hurdle, Girardi/Hinch). The other 6 are Yost, Gibbons, Banister, Matheny, Mattingly, and Terry Collins.

I know. Bob McCown was raking Gibby over the coals on Friday for putting the AAA lineup out there and doubted David Prices desire for resting until the playoffs. Of course if Donaldson or Bautista goes out and turns an ankle it would be why the fuck were they out there. I would have preferred the Jays went in to the playoffs guns blazing. Texas is tough