DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

I live in Philly and have worn visiting team stuff to games all across the country. Have never been fucked with at a stadium. Once had a total douchebag act tough in a Boston sports bar. I bought him a drink and that was the end of it. As long as you don't gloat when your team is winning or respond like an asshole to drunken troll comments, no one will do anything. 

It seems foregone that Grienke will win the NL Cy (though Arrieta has had a monster season as wel), but who wins the AL?

Keuchel seemed like the obvious choice for most of the year, but Price has really come on in the last couple months. Even with giving up four today, he has a lower ERA, more strikeouts and the same number of walks. Keuchel has given up less hits and has a lower WHIP, their inning pitched is basically identical. I think Keuchel still takes it since he's been the frontrunner all year, Gray and Archer are 3/4 respectively.

Funny, I was just thinking about this today. I was favoring Keuchel a few weeks ago, but Price has continued to put together great starts. Also, Chris Sale getting roughed up helps each of them too - hard to rationalize a vote for him now with the ERA climbing.

this needs to be posted in the front 3 rows of all Jays games for the rest of the season

CP2SOylWgAAZh4Q.png

Is the sign like this still up at Wrigley Field? :)
Moises Alou: "I couldn't have caught it anyway", said years after the fact instead of right away when it might have actually helped Bartman.

Carlos Martinez getting an MRI on his shoulder. Not good for the Cards. Good for the Cubs since he's the one STL pitcher the Cubs can't seem to figure out.

He's shut down for the season. Shoulder strain. That's not going to help their chances.

This OAK - SFG game is fucking insane. Check the scoring summary, it's too ridiculous to type out. Jarrett Parker has 3 HRs today, and just hit a GS to put SFG up 14-10 T8. 

The Zito - Hudson matchup was everything I had hoped it would be. They both sucked and didn't last. Zito went 2+ IP, Hudson went 1.1. 

I love nostalgia, but I can't imagine there was anyone that figured this to be some kind of pitcher's duel. At least they both got to catch a standing O from the crowd at the Coliseum, which is really the only reason for them to face one another.

I live in Philly and have worn visiting team stuff to games all across the country. Have never been fucked with at a stadium. Once had a total douchebag act tough in a Boston sports bar. I bought him a drink and that was the end of it. As long as you don't gloat when your team is winning or respond like an asshole to drunken troll comments, no one will do anything. 

I was visiting a friend in Michigan during the 2013 ALCS. We wore our Sox gear to the bar and got some good natured ribbing for it. Most sports fans won't give you shit until you're an asshole about your team.