DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

The only reason I'm weighing even buying is because I'm not entirely sure if NXT will ever go to Boston. 

(They're not going north of Boston so I'm not even considering that possibility)

Well TLC is in Boston in Dec and if they continue the theme of a Takeover every 4 months AND they pair the PPV with it....

NXT/TLC in Boston in December would be a dream weekend. 

Boston in December sounds like more of a nightmare than a dream...

Eh

You get used to it. 

I am waiting for Trump's WWE appearances to become political news fodder.

As long as Trump keeps handing them other ammunition to hit him with (and he will, he can't help himself), they don't need to bring up his WWE appearances.

Now thst it's symbols and not numbers I look forward to WrestleMania Snowman

You could have seats the furthest away from the ring for this WM and that would still be better seats than nosebleeds at the Target Center, or whatever it's called now. That's by far the worst venue I've been to for a wrestling event. We had seats near the top for Summerslam '99 and it felt like you were just a million miles up from the ring. One of the most vertical arenas I've been to.

That makes me want to rank the venues I've been to...

With guys like Cesaro, Owens, and Rollins making on the big stage, something I honestly never thought would happen a decade ago, is there anybody around the indies now that you guys think will be big time in ten years? And I'm not talking someone like Cody Hall, who could be huge but that wouldn't be surprising. I think Biff Busick is going to be a star, for instance. Guy has It.

@Brazzers

Brazzers would support #TheNewDay but unfortunately supporting the "clap" isnt something we can do @WWEBigE @XavierWoodsPhD @TrueKofi

I don't know to be disgusted or impressed that Clap Therapy is 'catching' on.  Maybe it's both.

Brazzer's Social Media guy is a wrestling fan. He pops up on Wreddit a fair bit.

• Like 1

I am waiting for Trump's WWE appearances to become political news fodder.

As long as Trump keeps handing them other ammunition to hit him with (and he will, he can't help himself), they don't need to bring up his WWE appearances.

It is the only endearing thing he has ever done.

I don't think so, but WWE always called Regal's style "unorthodox"

You know, actually wrestling.

Unorthodox.

Wrestling.

Fuck.

Sabre is my pick to win BOLA this year, mostly because I want to see him wrestle a bunch of times and this will be my first time seeing him in person

Staples Center is set up the same way.  The nosebleeds feel straight up and sooooooo far

That's exactly why the Honda Center is the superior LA area venue.  Everything is right on top of eachother.  I've sat at the top row for WWF show years ago and it was a perfectly acceptable seat.

I can't remember a Presidential candidate who was so hated by both parties and yet here he is with massive poll numbers.  I still feel like the shoe will fall eventually but holy shit it's been quite fascinating to say the least. 

I wonder if Trump would still appear on RAW at this point?  I assume he and Vince are still tight.

I can't remember a Presidential candidate who was so hated by both parties and yet here he is with massive poll numbers.  I still feel like the shoe will fall eventually but holy shit it's been quite fascinating to say the least. 

I wonder if Trump would still appear on RAW at this point?  I assume he and Vince are still tight.

Obama, Hillary and McCain appeared on Raw back in 2008 Election cycle so if Trump is still in the running, I wouldn't see why not.

Late night meaningless wrestling questions:

How come they didn't run Rock Vs. Triple-H as the one-on-one main event at WrestleMania 2000 instead of that 4-way McMahon squarejerk match again? I've forgotten if there was a good, logical explanation for it.

They still could have done its BS ending at Mania in a one-on-one match to get their Backlash PPV buys so...?