DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

I don't think so, but WWE always called Regal's style "unorthodox"

You know, actually wrestling.

Unorthodox.

Wrestling.

Fuck.

Sabre is my pick to win BOLA this year, mostly because I want to see him wrestle a bunch of times and this will be my first time seeing him in person

Staples Center is set up the same way.  The nosebleeds feel straight up and sooooooo far

That's exactly why the Honda Center is the superior LA area venue.  Everything is right on top of eachother.  I've sat at the top row for WWF show years ago and it was a perfectly acceptable seat.

I can't remember a Presidential candidate who was so hated by both parties and yet here he is with massive poll numbers.  I still feel like the shoe will fall eventually but holy shit it's been quite fascinating to say the least. 

I wonder if Trump would still appear on RAW at this point?  I assume he and Vince are still tight.

I can't remember a Presidential candidate who was so hated by both parties and yet here he is with massive poll numbers.  I still feel like the shoe will fall eventually but holy shit it's been quite fascinating to say the least. 

I wonder if Trump would still appear on RAW at this point?  I assume he and Vince are still tight.

Obama, Hillary and McCain appeared on Raw back in 2008 Election cycle so if Trump is still in the running, I wouldn't see why not.

Late night meaningless wrestling questions:

How come they didn't run Rock Vs. Triple-H as the one-on-one main event at WrestleMania 2000 instead of that 4-way McMahon squarejerk match again? I've forgotten if there was a good, logical explanation for it.

They still could have done its BS ending at Mania in a one-on-one match to get their Backlash PPV buys so...?

My best guess is that Austin being out ruined their long term plan of a double main event with Triple H/Rock and Austin/Show, and they still wanted Show in a big main event match. Then the family ego took over and they needed a fourth and there was Foley.

My guess is that Rock/HHH had been done so much at that point, it didn't really have that WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENT feel to it.  Especially for a WM2K.

For the record, Jericho has said that he was originally the fourth man, and the first WM2000 poster kinda backs that up, but they convinced Foley to immediately renege on his retirement.

• Like 1

There is a wrestling aspect to Trump's success, I think.  It really is a matter of being "good on the mic."  He just talks, like, normal.  Free and easy.  He jokes around like a normal person.  He says things like, "Hey, did you see Fallon last night?  Funny guy, kind of an idiot, but whatevah."

Every other candidate is so stiff.  When they try to be funny or "relatable" they look so awkward.  Even Obama, who's younger and likes to play off like he gets pop culture...he's stiff as a board when he tries to be funny, or reference music, even when he does his fake "smooth" act it comes off as robotic and strained.  They're lall ike bad promo guys who are trying to remember the lines written for them and not miss their bullet points.

Putting Trump up there is like handing the mic to Rock or Austin or Dusty and you're just like "Oh, so just be yourself and talk freely and be funny...oh, I guess it's that easy, huh."

I mean the guy does voices up there, he's like "Hey, Rand Paul calls me and he's all {wimp voice} Please give me some money Mr. Trump...please talk about me on Fox!{/wimp voice}."

It's fucking hilarious.  I mean, he's literally factually wrong about, like, everything.  But I watch every episode of the election now.

Arnold was actually kind of stiff too.  And his act was so weak.  It was the same three one liners over and over and one of them was actually from Hans and Franz.

I think he was the beneficiary of a long California republican fantasy about how he was going to be the next Reagan.

Staples Center is set up the same way.  The nosebleeds feel straight up and sooooooo far

That's exactly why the Honda Center is the superior LA area venue.  Everything is right on top of eachother.  I've sat at the top row for WWF show years ago and it was a perfectly acceptable seat.

The acoustics are shit, though.

Zack Sabre Jr

I thought about him too. You don't think his style will hold him back?

Lot's of kicks and submission. Worked for Del Rio and Daniel Bryan. Finding a gimmick that will make him connect to the people is the tricky part.

But that 2 years NXT run would be awesome,no doubt.

I still think Kenny Omega could be huge in WWE, if he ever decided to go back there,

There are a lot of good wrestlers on the Indies, but he has the kind of it-factor and charisma that very few people have.

I know he was already in development once and hated the experience, but the whole environment in WWE has changed so much since then.