DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-4-15

MGFanJay

I dug the Naomi/Tamina beatdown of the Bellas, especially Naomi paying tribute to Jacqueline with the beat 'em braids. And after Bree cost Naomi the title at the ppv, the unit makes sense, not to mention the whole family aspect. 

I double checked the thread and did see anyone mention this

Ryback embracing the Goldberg chants and then getting them to chant Feed Me More was awesome

I kinda hope Ryback and Wyatt never actually wrestle - just cut ridiculous promos on each other

All the great stuff that happened--and you pick the one thing that didn't work, and has been mentioned by nearly everyone as the lowpoint of the night. :mellow:

The whole point of my post is that the show is receiving universal praise ("top to bottom" were someone's exact words) and everyone is basically ignoring that segment, but whatever you say.

Look, up in the sky, it's Captain Semantics to the rescue!!

• Like 1

AJ, Paige, Emma, Bayley, Becky, Summer Rae, Charlotte, Sasha. (give or take Tamina and the Funkadactyls)

They had the basis for a "high school drama" sort of woman's roster last year. 

the chic nerd, the punk rebel, the sticker-loving nice girl, whatever the hell Becky Lynch is, the blonde cheerleader mean girl, the blonde jock mean girl, the Boss mean girl, etc. 

I have no idea how any of that stuff works and it still seemed super obvious to me. They could have run a Disney Channel teen show last year if they wanted to.

Ahem. . .

AJ: cosplaying nerd who dreams of being a comic book artist.

Bellas: Nikki is the all-american athlete/teen model while Brie is the Health Club president who falls for Goat McHerdy, as they're the only vegans in the entire school.

Paige: supposedly wild goth girl who's actually the most sane member of her family.

Bayley:  the school sweetheart who gets friendzoned by all the guys because she's just too nice.  Also loves ponies and quirky dolls and erasers shaped like ice cream cones.

Emma: always rude to Bayley, but secretly harbors feelings for her.

Lana: exchange student who quickly adapts an American accent and eventually runs away with the dance teacher.

Becky: the other exchange student who maintains her Irish accent and who fights with Lana over the dance teacher.  Wears Riverdance clogs all the time, even in gym.

Naomi: smartest girl in class who wins the dance scholarship to Julliard over Lana and Becky.

Tamina: school enforcer who just shows up and kicks ass when needed.

Sasha: ultra-cool chick who doesn't give a fuck about you or anything that you do. Also, serves as the school DJ with a Rastafarian cousin who drives a smoked-out van.

Cameron: Bianca Dupree. Runs school website a al Gossip Girl.

Charlotte: comes from a once well-to-do family, but her dad blew the family savings.

Natalya: founder of the Felines are Friends Forever Club. Only wears pink and black. Pals around with Tyson and Claudio. All the girls secretly love Claudio.

Summer/Alexa: mean cheerleader snobs.

Carmella: says that she's a made girl.  No one questions it.

Stephanie: super rich girl whose daddy owns 80% of the town.  Has a personal assistant named Jericho. Freaks out when her long-moved away brother is mentioned.

• Like 15

I dug the Naomi/Tamina beatdown of the Bellas, especially Naomi paying tribute to Jacqueline with the beat 'em braids. And after Bree cost Naomi the title at the ppv, the unit makes sense, not to mention the whole family aspect. 

Sistas are doin it for themselves.  I think that the WWE could use a few WoW Caged Heat style beatdowns to spice up Diva matches.

• Like 1

Wait, hold the phone here, there were people who didn't like R Truth losing via spiders? That finish was probably the most character driven finish for two wrestlers they've done in months. Did people hate Kamala losing to Doink's empty box? That ruled also. 

Also, as fun as the Diva high school drama sounds, why would I watch that when Pretty Little Liars is already on? 

• Like 1

Damn Burgundy slayed it there! Good job. 

Doesn't Raw in Montreal always end up great somehow? Watch them go back to, like, Des Moines next week and it'll be back to the same old shit.

(Okay, I admit, I'm bitter that I had to miss it. There, you happy?)

Wait, hold the phone here, there were people who didn't like R Truth losing via spiders? That finish was probably the most character driven finish for two wrestlers they've done in months. Did people hate Kamala losing to Doink's empty box? That ruled also. 

Also, as fun as the Diva high school drama sounds, why would I watch that when Pretty Little Liars is already on? 

tumblr_nlhqgyk0Q61tidzcfo1_400.gif

You're using the words of one person to cast a wide net over everyone.

Perhaps the rest of us are pleased in getting a show with several great segments that one supposedly bad segment didn't disrupt our entertainment. That we don't need to be a piss ant over a 5-minute throwaway match.  Which most people probably used as their 'piss break' (that term--ugh) last night anyway.

Whatever, indeed.

Nah - It was the fourth page of the thread when I replied. Exactly two posts even mentioned that the Truth segment happened. Yours wasn't one of them. You suggested that "nearly everyone" mentioned it as the low point of the night. Of the two people that mentioned it, only the original poster that recapped the entire show said that it sucked. And it sucked. I'm not sorry for pointing that out. You don't have to agree.

I find it interesting that you're complaining about the term "piss break" a literal sentence after calling me a pissant. Maybe I'm not the one that needs to take it down a notch.

Dude, you really need to stop taking what one person said, and applying that to EVERYBODY. You're doing the same thing you did in the WrestleMania thread. At a certain point, maybe, I don't know, disagree with that one person.

I did - and I also disagree with the people that are saying it was such a great Raw without anything to complain about. Burgundy in particular.

I said it was the best top to bottom Raw I've seen this year. I didn't say the show was flawless top to bottom. Get the difference?

Absolutely. Which brings me back to my original post, which said that the best top to bottom Raw you've seen this year is not very high praise.

Sorry I hit a nerve, hivemind. I'd love to know what I said that was so controversial that you're all so pissy about it. Segment sucked. Raw was pretty good for the most part. Wasn't great.

And for the record, I don't work a gimmick - I state opinions that seem to be pretty unpopular here because I'm the one saying them, not because they are shitty opinions.

Absolutely. Which brings me back to my original post, which said that the best top to bottom Raw you've seen this year is not very high praise.

Sorry I hit a nerve, hivemind. I'd love to know what I said that was so controversial that you're all so pissy about it. Segment sucked. Raw was pretty good for the most part. Wasn't great.

And for the record, I don't work a gimmick - I state opinions that seem to be pretty unpopular here because I'm the one saying them, not because they are shitty opinions.

People can form their own opinions as to the shittiness of your opinions, but what you've failed to offer is any reason for your opinion. People said Raw was great. You said it's not great, disagreeing with others. You have yet to offer a reason for that beyond the Truth/Stardust match.

Y'all nerds realize you're arguing about your arguments about pro wrestling, right? Like, you're not even discussing the show at this point.

I'm really curious if Stardust's bag is a one time deal or if he's going to try to scare everyone with little gimmicks like that. And, if it does develop into an ongoing thing, wouldn't that make him the new face of fear over Wyatt?

Speaking of Wyatt, I wish this thing with Ryback was going anywhere. How cool would a reformed Wyatt Family be with Harper and Ryback?

AJ, Paige, Emma, Bayley, Becky, Summer Rae, Charlotte, Sasha. (give or take Tamina and the Funkadactyls)

the chic nerd, the punk rebel, the sticker-loving nice girl, whatever the hell Becky Lynch is, the blonde cheerleader mean girl, the blonde jock mean girl, the Boss mean girl, etc. 

I have no idea how any of that stuff works and it still seemed super obvious to me. They could have run a Disney Channel teen show last year if they wanted to.

Ahem. . .

Bellas: Nikki is the all-american athlete/teen model while Brie is the Health Club president who falls for Goat McHerdy, as they're the only vegans in the entire school.

Paige: supposedly wild goth girl who's actually the most sane member of her family.

Bayley:  the school sweetheart who gets friendzoned by all the guys because she's just too nice.  Also loves ponies and quirky dolls and erasers shaped like ice cream cones.

Lana: exchange student who quickly adapts an American accent and eventually runs away with the dance teacher.

Becky: the other exchange student who maintains her Irish accent and who fights with Lana over the dance teacher.  Wears Riverdance clogs all the time, even in gym.

Naomi: smartest girl in class who wins the dance scholarship to Julliard over Lana and Becky.

Sasha: ultra-cool chick who doesn't give a fuck about you or anything that you do. Also, serves as the school DJ with a Rastafarian cousin who drives a smoked-out van.

Charlotte: comes from a once well-to-do family, but her dad blew the family savings.

Natalya: founder of the Felines are Friends Forever Club. Only wears pink and black. Pals around with Tyson and Claudio. All the girls secretly love Claudio.

Stephanie: super rich girl whose daddy owns 80% of the town.  Has a personal assistant named Jericho. Freaks out when her long-moved away brother is mentioned.

If only we could monetize your skills.

Ahem. . .

Your move, Piranesi.

• Like 3

Andre the Giant's match with Jake Roberts being complicated by the worst bout of ophidiophobia ever was fucking king sized.

Ahem. . .

All I want is a producer credit.  The cash made from this idea will feed generations of my family.

I read about the show and immediately went to watch the recording...normally I wait to watch until the following afternoon.  That's how good this looked to Mr. "I'm Butthurt Since HHH Makes Snarky Comments About Me And My Friend Mark".

Burgundy, I would watch the heck out of that show.  A WWE high school drama sounds like fun times.  Wonderful job!

Now if you want to add some of the male roster in there as supporting characters, Sami going for Bayley but forever friendzoned is right there.

Burgundy, I would watch the heck out of that show.  A WWE high school drama sounds like fun times.  Wonderful job!

Now if you want to add some of the male roster in there as supporting characters, Sami going for Bayley but forever friendzoned is right there.

Did anyone else ship Bayley and Sami, but got bummed out when Bayley came into the ring to congratulate Sami after he won the NXT Championship, but then he just gave her a really platonic hug and peck in response?

Uh, I mean, "did anyone." Not "did anyone else." Because I wouldn't ship anyone ever.

Seriously, if they wanted to give the women a show in addition to their RAW segments that was pretty much '80s All Japan joshi without the bleeding and weapon shots, I would be SO into that. 

• Like 1

That would qualify as a war crime. Also I liked Truth/Cody because they are both insane.

Ahem. . .

Bayley: the school sweetheart who gets friendzoned by all the guys because she's just too nice. Also loves ponies and quirky dolls and erasers shaped like ice cream cones.

Becky: the other exchange student who maintains her Irish accent and who fights with Lana over the dance teacher. Wears Riverdance clogs all the time, even in gym.

Carmella: says that she's a made girl. No one questions it.

Stephanie: super rich girl whose daddy owns 80% of the town. Has a personal assistant named Jericho. Freaks out when her long-moved away brother is mentioned.

All that's missing is Vince as the Mr. Belding-like principal.