DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-4-15

MGFanJay

Bayley's biggest problem has been she's not in the championship picture and they've kind of stopped developing her character and have been hiding some of the more loveable aspects of her character while they focus on her being too nice her needing to be more aggressive and focused in the ring

All the great stuff that happened--and you pick the one thing that didn't work, and has been mentioned by nearly everyone as the lowpoint of the night. :mellow:

The whole point of my post is that the show is receiving universal praise ("top to bottom" were someone's exact words) and everyone is basically ignoring that segment, but whatever you say.

Neck. Tattoo.

What about Alex Riley?

Alex Riley never won the Divas title, but Paige could totally steal his music.

Also, if they want to be spiteful to AJ (and of course they do), they could give a diva a sort of atomic noogie to the back of the neck and call it the Neck Tattoo. 

All the great stuff that happened--and you pick the one thing that didn't work, and has been mentioned by nearly everyone as the lowpoint of the night. :mellow:

The whole point of my post is that the show is receiving universal praise ("top to bottom" were someone's exact words) and everyone is basically ignoring that segment, but whatever you say.

You're using the words of one person to cast a wide net over everyone.

Perhaps the rest of us are pleased in getting a show with several great segments that one supposedly bad segment didn't disrupt our entertainment. That we don't need to be a piss ant over a 5-minute throwaway match.  Which most people probably used as their 'piss break' (that term--ugh) last night anyway.

Whatever, indeed.

Well I, personally, enjoyed Truth selling for the spiders. And the line, "Truth of course suffers from arachnophobia." They even built up to it with his KotR promo!

I heard Orton's music to start the show, which I put on about two hours in, and told the wife, "Well, this is going to be a quick Raw!" But it wasn't at all. The main event was the only match I think I fast-forwarded to the finish. I wish Orton would get out of the fucking way of the Shield triple-threat. Hopefully he'll fall out of the title scene after the PPV and he can be the next guy they feed to Bray in their efforts to build Wyatt back up. That would be easier to skip over.

Can't add to much else here - New Day was fantastic, Sami was great, Cesaro looked amazing, Dean was super over. Loved the "Ole" chants all night.

I guess one thing that I'll add is that, as a Book mark, I love the dude's announcing. He's fun to listen to and says pretty much whatever the fuck he wants. Such an upgrade over you-know-who, and as I think Caley mentioned, he makes JBL better by proxy.

• Like 1

If you can't let a -what, 4/5 minute- segment with Truth/Stardust and a bag of spiders go (It's not like it was Daniel Bryan tapping out because of spiders), there's a pretty good chance WWE TV is NEVER going to be for you.

• Like 1

Dude, you really need to stop taking what one person said, and applying that to EVERYBODY. You're doing the same thing you did in the WrestleMania thread. At a certain point, maybe, I don't know, disagree with that one person.

• Like 1

Sami doing his post-match interview with Rene Young is so great, since they had such a great chemistry together. I don't know if either becomes what they became without their early interviews together. Sami showed what a great babyface and promo guy he is. Rene earned her credibility as an announcer. They felt very natural together.

Also: Some things in wrestling will forever be dumb/comic/for kids. R-Truth and Stardust getting into an issue over a bag of spiders probably isn't for people who like SERIOUS WRESTLING. But I love dumb crap like this, too. I bet the eight-year-olds loved it.

Gonna watch this Zayn match and catch the New Day stuff because Big E is one of my favorites.

I'm so sad that Zayn is on his way out of NXT (well, for me; I'm glad for him getting the pay bump and exposure bump). I am genuinely invested in his success, which almost never ends well for the dudes I'm invested in. I actually saw elsewhere that he was on RAW and had to come check to see how they used him. Sounds like he had a great debut. 

I know most of you like Bayley, but I just don't enjoy her character that much.

I don't care for Bayley much either but I've been to two NXT live shows and haven't seen little kids - especial little girls - mark out for a Diva like that ever. If they don't mess with her character when they bring her up they could have something really unique and special with her. I remember Meltzer writing about how the Crush Girls were over in Japan and I think Bayley has the best shot at replicating that here. At worst she can be the female John Cena.

• Like 2

AJ, Paige, Emma, Bayley, Becky, Summer Rae, Charlotte, Sasha. (give or take Tamina and the Funkadactyls)

They had the basis for a "high school drama" sort of woman's roster last year. 

the chic nerd, the punk rebel, the sticker-loving nice girl, whatever the hell Becky Lynch is, the blonde cheerleader mean girl, the blonde jock mean girl, the Boss mean girl, etc. 

I have no idea how any of that stuff works and it still seemed super obvious to me. They could have run a Disney Channel teen show last year if they wanted to.

If you can't let a -what, 4/5 minute- segment with Truth/Stardust and a bag of spiders go (It's not like it was Daniel Bryan tapping out because of spiders), there's a pretty good chance WWE TV is NEVER going to be for you.

I do have a storyline where Papa Shango takes control of Bryan using homeopathic remedies.

• Like 1

AJ, Paige, Emma, Bayley, Becky, Summer Rae, Charlotte, Sasha. (give or take Tamina and the Funkadactyls)

They had the basis for a "high school drama" sort of woman's roster last year. 

the chic nerd, the punk rebel, the sticker-loving nice girl, whatever the hell Becky Lynch is, the blonde cheerleader mean girl, the blonde jock mean girl, the Boss mean girl, etc. 

I have no idea how any of that stuff works and it still seemed super obvious to me. They could have run a Disney Channel teen show last year if they wanted to.

I know it would never happen. But do you know what would easily solve their three-hour writing problem? Make one of the hours all Divas. They give Divas a chance while having two hours to focus on the men's division. But I would think it'd be really likely that the Divas hour would tank in the ratings and that's the issue right there.

They could maybe make one hour just devoted to tag wrestling. That could be fun. That would make matches like last night -- New Day vs. Reigns/Orton -- pretty special just because they wouldn't use that plot device so frequently. Not that I mind that plot device. It worked great last night because it made New Day look effective despite their corniness while adding to the Orton/Reigns tension.

I said it was the best top to bottom Raw I've seen this year. I didn't say the show was flawless top to bottom. Get the difference?