DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-4-15

MGFanJay

The fact that Sami was really hurt and still put on THAT kind of match...wow. I've already seen people talk on Facebook about how Sami was buried and how he carried Cena to a good match. Given the injury, and the always obvious fact that Cena was calling that shit, I don't know how anyone can claim that.

Cena called that entire match.  They worked around Zayn's injury and made him look like a million bucks.   People giving Cena shit really do need to shut the hell up.

• Like 14

As someone who never quite bought into the DVDVR "Cena is the best worker in the world" hype over the past few years, I gotta say - grumpy, quasi-heel veteran Cena is pretty fucking awesome.

The fact that Sami was really hurt and still put on THAT kind of match...wow. I've already seen people talk on Facebook about how Sami was buried and how he carried Cena to a good match. Given the injury, and the always obvious fact that Cena was calling that shit, I don't know how anyone can claim that.

because cena beating people = burying them and cena is the worst wrestler in history so any good match he ever has means he was carried

New Day's act was fucking tremendous last night. They're like heel versions of the "Black Belt for Jesus" dudes.

Not nearly enough love for Cole's call on the Cena/Zayn match... really one of his best performances in ages, as he was laser-perfect in getting over Sami as the fiery underdog getting the match of his career and punching above his weight.. I pictured Trips grabbing the mic from Vince and going all hostage negotiator on Cole to make sure he got all the talking points down

"So Vince, you want me to bury the kid as usual?... Vince? You there?"

"I'm afraid Vince is... incommunicado. In the meantime, here's how you're really going to call it..."

"MAGGLE, WHAT THE SAM SCRATCH ARE YOU DOING CALLING MOVEZ?"

• Like 4

I'll grant that Sami showing up was awesome and New Day is on fire right now, but it says a lot about how low the bar is when a show containing Stardust beating Truth with a bag of fake spiders is called the best Raw all year.

I'll grant that Sami showing up was awesome and New Day is on fire right now, but it says a lot about how low the bar is when a show containing Stardust beating Truth with a bag of fake spiders is called the best Raw all year.

On the contrary, it shows how high the bar is when Truth's Mantan Moreland tribute act is the worst thing on the show. He did everything but yell "FEETS, DO YO' DUTY" on his way out.

• Like 4

As soon as Bret came out I knew it was either Sami or Owens, but even before that I kept thinking how awesome it would be for that to happen.  Cena is the master at turning a hostile crowd on his side, he had them loving him with that promo.  Was in awe of it really.  The Ole chants were a great precursor of things to come, and Heath's cameo/mic sell only added to the excitement.

Didn't see until now how he hurt his shoulder.  Given how amped he was he had more force on that.  Still crazy to think he worked the whole match with that.  I hope it's not serious, it could have been an aggravation more than anything.  But who would have ever expected him to do all his main moves (save for the helluva kick) on John f'n Cena on Raw?  When he did the Blue Thunder Bomb I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Props to Cena I liked his pre match promo(for a change), and he handled Zayn's injury like a pro. I thought it added to the match in helping Zayn get across his never say die underdog character. I really wouldn't mind it if they kept Ziggler/Neville and Sheamus/Barrett together for some tag matches against BRC and New Day.

So wait did Sami Zayn pull a Gramatica by injuring himself celebrating?   I know that his shoulder was hurt before that but if Vince and Kevin Dunn hears that he is screwed big time

On the contrary, Randy Orton is doing just fine considering some years ago when he somehow separated his shoulder doing his viper taunt where he drops down and slams his fists onto the mat. I think that was one of the funnier injuries I've seen someone suffer. At least Orton hasn't been as injury prone.

And yeah, I think if anyone is going to carry Cena's mantle at some point, it's going to be Sami. He connects with the kids and adults in the crowd in a way I haven't seen in a long time. 

I still envision a day where Sami and Bayley are the main male/female kids adore.  WWE's PG era will make lots of sense once you have kids lining up like crazy to see them.  And it is not that far-fetched an idea either.

• Like 1

I still envision a day where Sami and Bayley are the main male/female kids adore.  WWE's PG era will make lots of sense once you have kids lining up like crazy to see them.  And it is not that far-fetched an idea either.

I applaud your optimism, my friend. 

I know most of you like Bayley, but I just don't enjoy her character that much. I like Sasha Banks much more, but that may be based on her reaction to winning the NXT Women's title. It's the first time I can recall seeing any of the "Divas" react that way to winning the title. I think that kind of emotion and how powerful of a woman she is carries over much better than Bayley's antics.

Bayley does have the wacky, waving, inflatable floating arm tube men though.

• Like 1