DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Zayn hurt his shoulder and then worked the match anyway. Nash tore his quad, fell down, and the nWo was gone next week.

Sting couldn't defeat the NWO, but Nash's quad did. Go figure.

I still love how Vince McMahon came out to the nWo's music and just said "well, they're dead" and none of the remaining nWo members even put up a fight. If WCW had just had Vince McMahon, the nWo problem would've gone away in a day or two. 

• Like 1

I call that phenomena "Schrodinger's Douchebag" 

Someone who is only determined to be joking or serious upon the observation of someone taking offense to it.

Thank you for adding a new phrase to my lexicon.

Do we post Beadle's letter about why she is quitting the WWE universe or leave it alone?

You really want to let that genie out of the bottle?

Please don't. All the companies who actively threw money into that spectacle (or the company she works for hyping the shit out of it) and she flips out on WWE over a tweet? It's dumb.

• Like 1

Watching this E:60 thing, they're still recognizing Adam Rose as "Leo Kruger". And I'd like to see more of that gimmick, I wasn't watching NXT back then.

Also, I had no idea he had a child with a bad disability like that.

Here is the segment on Colin Cassidy.   Apparently he was near the chopping block around 2013.  Good thing that didn't happen:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12818526

By the way, am I the only idiot who actually thought Michael Cole's real name was Michael Cole.  Seems weird that they would give a gimmick name since most of the non wrestlers one don't

Watching the Tyler Breeze extra, it isn't obvious that the protege would be Billy Gunn.  I mean Dusty bringing up Liberace definitely isn't the way that character should have gone 

Read this on Reddit RE:Vince "Tonight, Vince made a special appearance here in Montreal for the Pat Patterson appreciation night thing they were doing and I noticed something quite odd. Vince needed to follow a spot light to the ring in order to know where he was going. I didn't think anything of it at first and thought it was just a lighting effect for his entrance. So he follows the spotlight and then there's a crew a member who's directing him to the ring from a distance, making hand motions and pointing to various things so Vince doesn't bump into stuff I guess. Once again I thought nothing of it and figured maybe he's just making sure Vince doesn't trip over any camera cords.

So Vince is done with his speech and he exits the ring. He stands there then slowly paces towards the stage and looks over his shoulder for a crew member. Two of them rush towards him and began to beam pocket flashlights to the floor for Vince to follow. Once again they cautiously guide him to gorilla using the floor beams from their flashlights. He then ducks under the right platform of the Raw stage and goes to the back still with assistance. One thing though, Vince carries himself as if nothing is wrong. His demeanor and stance would make you think otherwise but it was clear that he's going blind or has limited vision at this point in his life. No one else needed assistance. Ambrose took the same exist and did fine on his own and so did Sami. Various other crew members took the exist with no problem/assistance and plus Vince was the only one with a spotlight during his entrance.

He looks very tired in person and you can tell he's a very very hard working guy both physically and mentally. It was my first time ever seeing him in real life."

Vince is such a hard worker I think sometimes we forget he is almost 70.  My dad is 64, he is fully functional and everything but I can't imagine him doing 10% of what Vince does.  I hope behind the scenes they are legitimately working on phasing him out just for his own health, he can't possibly keep going at his speed much longer, Father Time is undefeated.

• Like 1

It's kind of weird how this blew up into this huge "Vince is blind" story on my Twitter TL. He's a 70 year old man without his glasses going into the arena after working at least 12 hours putting together a television show.