DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

It's pretty poor quality but here is another WCW/MTV collaboration Beach Brawl this time its Perry Saturn, Chavo Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Billy Kidman, Hugh Morris and Chris Jericho in a battle royal while the band Fear Factory plays with Jimmy Hart, Raven and Kid Rock doing commentary

I was sorta joking about Messiah, from what I saw Kaos had potential.

I think the Beadle thing is funny given how much WWE has kissed her ass over the years. The timing is funky with her credentials being pulled. I would have waited a few weeks before saying anything about Mayweather. She was probably frustrated and HHH was a high profile target.

Can't believe I missed the reference!

Yeah, Messiah had good potential at the time, too.

• Like 1

I was sorta joking about Messiah, from what I saw Kaos had potential.

I think the Beadle thing is funny given how much WWE has kissed her ass over the years. The timing is funky with her credentials being pulled. I would have waited a few weeks before saying anything about Mayweather. She was probably frustrated and HHH was a high profile target.

Can't believe I missed the reference!

Yeah, Messiah had good potential at the time, too.

I only saw him in CZW, but I thought he did well outside of XPW.  I had high hopes when they brought in Kaos for that one feud, but that ended up being a disappointment.

That doesnt often apply to people that work in sports, tv, or both.

It's the timing on these things that always make the activism/support/etc appear disingenuous. Like WWE with the anti-bullying campaign. Obviously bullying is a huge problem and should be dealt with and I love that it's received this much attention but what happens when the momentum of the campaign dies down? All of a sudden it doesn't matter anymore and they're off to something else.

Plus, with WWE.. anti-bullying..  that's just weird given who they are

2. Being vocally anti Domestic violence is now hip and trendy.

I'd actually say being vocally anti-domestic violence has always been sort of cool....as opposed to the other stance to take on domestic violence. I guess I'm just new fangled at heart.

• Like 1