DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I am agreeing with Burgundy now (going back to our Focus discussion).

I don't care how "open" their marriage is - Jada Pickett Smith needs to get her man as far away from Robbie as possible

Rippa and JT, I said something similar too! although understandable if you have me on ignore.  I'm a little crazy about my comic book movies. Those Quinn costumes for Halloween. I can see it now. 

Yes, Will Smith appears to be having a good fucking time filming this thing.

I tend to rely on my elder black friends for guidance in this world.

Especially when it comes to hot women in booty shorts.

• Like 1

I tend to rely on my elder black friends for guidance in this world.

Especially when it comes to hot women in booty shorts.

Haha I have to be honest, there's a couple characters in this flick that even I'm a little unfamiliar with. It'll be interesting to see who is a key player and who is just fodder.

I am agreeing with Burgundy now (going back to our Focus discussion).

I don't care how "open" their marriage is - Jada Pickett Smith needs to get her man as far away from Robbie as possible

Yep, this is two movies that Robbie and Big Will have been in together.

The Harley Quinn booty shorts are epic.   Jada needs to do an intervention.

I don't know what it is but Robbie does little for me. She is cute, but nothing that makes me lose mind. I think her costume design is one of the worst for the Suicide Squad movie. They should have gone with one of the Arkham series designs.

I hold off judgment til the movie comes on this one.

This seemed promising:

emma-frost-fuzzy-hat.jpg

And it was pretty much the worst comics-to-screen character adaptation ever.

Come on, man.  We all knew that January Jones would fuck that up.   She got that Emmy nom because Michael Weiner is the Ric Flair of AMC television shows.

Yes, Will Smith appears to be having a good fucking time filming this thing.

Will Smith appears to be having a good time fucking while filming this thing.

• Like 2

Gah....how much are they trying to cram in to this movie? Not only the story of how Metropolis is dealing with the destruction of their city due to the Superman/Zod fight with Lex Luthor leading the anti-Superman charge, and not only bringing Batman in to the mix as a skeptical onlooker trying to figure out Superman's motives, and not only introducing Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Green Lantern, but NOW also throwing Doomsday in to the mix? WTF?!

However, as bloated as all that is, I really don't think Doomsday is going to be a part of this movie as a whole. If anything, they will build to Doomsday like they have been building to Thanos in the Marvel movies. If anything, I could see them doing a post credits scene of Doomsday's fist punching a steel wall trying to get out, as per his introduction in the comics. And then a few more post-credit scenes in the follow up DC films leading to Doomsday being the big bad that brings the Justice League together in that film.

doomsday1.jpg

I don't know how to spoiler tag, but the prevalent theories from production leaks last year about Doomsday and how he gets involved were weird. Definitely a different take on Doomsday. That was Latino Review and it was quite some time ago so who knows.