DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

scott-eastwood-photographed-in-costume-s

Scott Eastwood is like if someone took Chris Evans and did the Looper thing with his father's face instead of Bruce Willis.

But his hair is on fleek tho.

I got yelled at by my students becaus I pronounced "on fleek" the way it looks.

I was horribly mistaken

Meanwhile - to stay on topic theme (since I am unfamiliar with Deadshot)

suicide-squad-cast-seen-in-costume-on-se

What does that say on Smith's collar?

Unless I miss my guess, i think his collar says "The Light, The Way" paraphrasing John 14:6.  I think those words also appear on the barrel of his rifle. 

That doesn't sync with any version of Deadshot I know.

Dude is the deadliest killer on earth.  No man goeth unto the Father but by him, indeed. (The second part of John 14:6)

I am the only DVDVR board member that owns a Bible and a Koran and actually reads them..

Margot Robbie as Harley is going to be quite a thing.  

Suicide-Squad-150505.jpg

• Like 1

Wow...

suicide-squad-harley-quinn-costume.jpg

Daddy's Lil' Monster shirts are going to fly off of Macy's shelves next year.

Apt that she uses a baseball bat because something just got knocked out of the park.

I expect many a broken ankle them as drunk chicks try to walk in those boots

I am mean.  One of the heavy set girl geeks that I don't get along with at my office was admiring Harley's shoes and I was all "Your big ass has no place thinking about wearing those boots."

• Like 2

Wow. She's like the hottest roller derby girl ever. I totally expect girls doing flat track pulling off that look many times over.

I was definitely getting roller derby vibe. 

Timm's pretty accurate on it: "Kind of cute and not nearly as skanky as expected." (paraphrasing)

As for Deadshot. I'm not sure how that vibes with the death wish and you can't do a version of Deadshot without that. 

• Like 1

I thought Harley Quinn's patented blunt instrument was a bloody big hammer, not a baseball bat?

David Ayer ‏@DavidAyerMovies 2m2 minutes ago

Task Force X assembled and ready
Suicide-Squad-Cast-Photo.jpg?zoom=1.5&w=

Harley's costume is easily going to be the most popular female costume at Dragon*con this year.  She kinda reminds me of a rollerderby equivalent of one of the Baseball Furies.

Generic tactical guy on the left is probably going to get jobbed out early on (maybe similar to what happened to the Russian guy in the animated film), cholo dude on the far right probably will also.

Either Katana or Enchantress will die in a somewhat tragic way later on after a possible romantic attraction is suggested with one of the other characters.

One of them will probably turn heel on the others.

Somebody (probably Croc) will do the Jim Brown in Dirty Dozen and sacrifice himself to save the other members of the group.

Deadshot looks like he just came from a motorcross rally.

Not sure if this is legit.

CEaYDtgUkAI9_0i.jpg

Tom Hardy is working on something with WB...

HARDY: I actually got something cooking with Warner Bros. which is also a comic book, it’s a DC thing which is kind of…

Oh you should really share because I’m not a journalist, no one’s recording this.

HARDY: It’s really good actually, it contains elements of all kinds of stuff. From Ocean’s Eleven, to Batman, you can get all the wrappers out and it would be a big, really cool, Technicolor, Pulp Fiction…It’s a psychological fuckfest, it’s absolutely awesome. It’s as if you would takeTransmetropolitan and make it happen, but it’s not that out there it’s something which is much more real world. It could be like Heat, it could be fucking awesome. Let me tell you what it is, try and guess.

I’m not gonna guess because I have to go, because he’s gonna kill me. But I just wanna know…

HARDY: Anybody…

No, but you know what I’m saying. I’m trying to be respectful with the time. My thing is, they have a schedule through 2020 that they’ve announced movies. Is what you wanna do something that’s not on that schedule?

HARDY: It’s not even a movie.

So it’s something you’ve seen…

HARDY: It’s already… It’s real estate, it’s PRIME real estate which is sitting there right under everybody’s nose that no one’s really thought about yet and it goes TV and movie, it’s awesome. I can’t believe that nobody has even –I know they thought of it but no one has actually blown life into it yet.

http://collider.com/tom-hardy-taboo-filming-dc-comics-movie-tv-series/