DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-6-15

MGFanJay

I like that Bray kind of quoted CM Punk with, "Do I have everybody's attention now?" I do wonder where they're going with Bray now, though. Wins and losses really don't matter with Bray, he just keeps coming back. Part of me thinks Undertaker is coming back for a few more matches this year.

Show/Reigns perfectly illustrated the point I made in the Mania thread about how much of what was great about Lesnar/Reigns was all about Lesnar. They basically went out and redid the Mania match, but only to rougly a 50% rate of return, because, even with his working boots on and a Lesnar-esque sweat going, Big Show is not Brock Lesnar.

I think I even specifically said Big Show wouldn't McGuinness himself on the ringpost to get Reigns over like Lesnar did....and, sure enough, they redid the ringpost spot and it looked terrible because, quite reasonably, the guy who has to work the rest of the week, and the week after that, isn't doing that shit.

What it really proves is that Big Show should NOT be put in long-standing feuds.  I have nothing against the guy--he's been entertaining over the years and I think he'd be a great commentator.  I don't mind him being used in some matches.  But Big Show should not be a long-term rival for anyone at this point.  It literally does nothing for anyone involved, including Big Show.

Everyone involved in the Divas tag was off tonight. Holy fuck! Cameron is so annoying that Kane gave her (and the other ladies in the room) exactly what they wanted in order to get her to shut up. That honestly should be Cameron's gimmick. Annoying the fuck out of people until she gets her way.

WWE has done a lot to make me not care about Bray Wyatt. I say that WWE has put in the same (if not more) commitment into burning Wyatt as TNA did with Samoa Joe. How hard is it really? Feed Hunico (not Sin Cara) , Slater, Fandango, Rose, Truth, and Ryder to Wyatt. No even-steven booking. No trading shots. Just Wyatt dominating all those guys and THEN cutting a promo about being the face of fear- blah, blah, blah. Right now its more like 'yeah right!' instead of 'yeah! right!'. WWE needs to change that.

I don't get Bray. He rambles. Loses. Rambles. Loses. Why the hell did they break up the Wyatts?  Harper lost again to Ryback. I don't even know if Rowan was on the show.  Made no fucking sense at all to break them up.

He's into magical mystical mumbo jumbo. He draws his power from a lantern. He's 0-2 at Wrestlemania. He's the Reverse-Undertaker. I'm just waiting for them to reveal Sister Abigail's last name was Thawne.

• Like 4

What they need to do is give Bray another family.  Or at least let someone destroy him during a match to prove he actually can pull someone over to the dark side.

I would give him the Ascension as underlings.  They've already got a face-paint, yammer about nonsense thing down.  Wyatt could call them his archangels or something.  It would sound cooler coming from him.  Realistically, one couldn't go wrong by teaming up Bray with the Ascension, having them fight Harper/Rowan and someone else who's not busy. Truth?!

• Like 2

What they need to do is give Bray another family.  Or at least let someone destroy him during a match to prove he actually can pull someone over to the dark side.

I would give him the Ascension as underlings.  They've already got a face-paint, yammer about nonsense thing down.  Wyatt could call them his archangels or something.  It would sound cooler coming from him.  Realistically, one couldn't go wrong by teaming up Bray with the Ascension, having them fight Harper/Rowan and someone else who's not busy. Truth?!

You really must hate him in that case. Might as well give him some concrete shoes and dump him in the harbor.

No Bryan, Ziggler or Ambrose tonight but hey, we got FOUR fucking Kane segments.

Bryan might have succeeded in fulfilling another brand split, which means we'd only have to watch one show for the good matches, which I can't complain about. Gotta work Monday nights anyway.

• Like 2

Man this show really felt like it was on auto pilot. I mean you can believe Triple H and Stephanie were on vacation. Didn't they announce Orton was getting the title shot at the PPV on Smackdown? I swear I read that. It seemed like a long about way just to do that tonight. Ryback as the fifth wheel was so amusing. It would have been more interesting if they did the old "if you lose your match, the guys who win go into the triple threat match for the title shot".

I'd rather see Luke Harper vs. Seth Rollins. Seth would then give Harper a job in the authority as a new member of J & J Security to get out of the match. Tell me Harper wearing one of those tuxedo shirts as his business attire wouldn't be great.

Rest of the show I flipped back and forth between Fast N' Loud and later Better Call Saul. Just because they were up against the NCAA finals doesn't mean they had to tank the show.

I was hoping Brad Maddox would be the one answering Cena's challenge. Brad showing up for two seconds only to sulk away from Kane seemed like they were trolling everyone one of us who wants to see him.

The graphic of the meteor / space ship crashing to earth graphic and the Cape makes me think there was some truth in the Neville was going to be an alien rumblingz.

Cena with a mighty fine stalling suplex.

PTP promo was great, Titus is like an awesome WWE version of Terry Crews.

• Like 3

Sheamus is like the Celtic Kratos now - it's great!

I was thinking the same thing.  Why do the not have him come to the ring covered in Wode totally escapes me.

Cena with a mighty fine stalling suplex.

For as much as I want to hate this guy, he pulls things out of the vault he hasn't used in months like the delay drop suplex and the Falcon Arrow version of the AA.

Just turn heel, dude.  Come to the ring accompanied by your evil girlfriend, Nikki Bella, in the grand tradition of Jimmy Garvin and Precious and bring this back as your entrance music.

We will forgive you.

• Like 1

Show/Reigns perfectly illustrated the point I made in the Mania thread about how much of what was great about Lesnar/Reigns was all about Lesnar. They basically went out and redid the Mania match, but only to rougly a 50% rate of return, because, even with his working boots on and a Lesnar-esque sweat going, Big Show is not Brock Lesnar.

50% is being generous.

I really liked Rollins/Neville as the established champ vs up and coming flyer. It was no Bret/Kid or Windham/Scorpio, but it still did it's job. Having Neville in the mid card makes things more interesting.

PTP promo was great, Titus is like an awesome WWE version of Terry Crews.

Two guys with natural charisma and comic timing getting a couple minutes to showcase their skills. Hopefully they at least get a run with the tag belts at some point.