DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-23-15 - WM Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

Ahh. You're right. My memory is fuzzy. It was still a win in the main event of a PPV over the ace of the company. Even with the shenanigans. Heels are supposed to win with shenanigans.

Point being that Dolph has had big wins before. WWE never capitalize on them. That's not just a Dolph Ziggler thing either. WWE fails to capitalize on a lot of things, like Daniel Bryan after coming back this year or even Zack Ryder when he went out and got himself over. They're just exceptionally stubborn and pretty hypocritical.

Of course, that's nothing new.

Yet when Roman Reigns gets backlash this year, they'll act like they're shocked, or that WWE is just in "bizarro land" or Triple H will take potshots at Twitter or whatever.

• Like 1

I really picture Vince as Mr. Burns and Triple H as Waylon Smithers at this point. Triple H is doing all he can to keep the ship afloat while Vince is kept off in his own world. I'm gonna bet Vince will be genuinely shocked if Roman is booed out of the building at WM and the following night on RAW if is champion.

[Burns learns about the stock market crash of 1929]

Mr. Burns: Oh no. Smithers, why didn't you tell me about this market crash?

Smithers: Well, sir, it happened 25 years before I was born.

Mr. Burns: Oh, that's your excuse for everything.

I JUST DON'T GET IT. HE HAS EVERYTHING THESE PEOPLE WANT IN A CHAMPION. SMOOTH LOOKS, NICE HAIR. WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT DAMN IT.

• Like 1

I really picture Vince as Mr. Burns and Triple H as Waylon Smithers at this point. Triple H is doing all he can to keep the ship afloat while Vince is kept off in his own world. I'm gonna bet Vince will be genuinely shocked if Roman is booed out of the building at WM and the following night on RAW if is champion.

[burns learns about the stock market crash of 1929]

Mr. Burns: Oh no. Smithers, why didn't you tell me about this market crash?

Smithers: Well, sir, it happened 25 years before I was born.

Mr. Burns: Oh, that's your excuse for everything.

I JUST DON'T GET IT. HE HAS EVERYTHING THESE PEOPLE WANT IN A CHAMPION. SMOOTH LOOKS, NICE HAIR. WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT DAMN IT.

Also this exchange:

Mr. Burns: No, Smithers, I've decided to bring in a few ringers. Professional baseballers. We'll give them token jobs at the plant and have them play on our softball team. Honus Wagner, Cap Anson, Mordecai "3-Finger" Brown...
Smithers: Sir?
Mr. Burns: What is it, Smithers?
Smithers: I'm afraid all those players have retired and... passed on. In fact, your right fielder has been dead for 130 years.

Mr. Burns: Damnation! Alright, find me some good players. LIVING players! Scour the professional ranks. The American League, the National League, the Negro League!
  • Like 5

Worked the late shift, so I just finished watching the show on DVR.

1. Haven't watched Raw in weeks. I seriously forgot Sting was there.

2. Roman Reigns is DOA.

3. The least amount of interest I've had in a Wrestlemania since I started watching, roughly around '93.

The way y'all talk about Vince, I'd swear it was more that convo with Mr Burns and his model Spruce Bruce and a hand gun.

And that divas match was really good. It took a while to pick up, but whatever they did during the break must've been really good because the crowd was into it from the break to the end of the match. Nikki's spine buster was a great way to stop Paige's come back. Nikki kicking out of the Rampaige was surprising because divas rarely get finisher kick outs, especially on Raw. Nikki setting up her forearm, which I will dub the Bellahammer, and it failing was something also out of Barrett's play book. Just pair them up already!

The ending was nicely done too. The whole point was for the Bellas to split AJ and Paige apart. Well AJ went after Brie, and because Nikki will go after a anyone who touches Brie, AJ mistakes Paige for Nikki. A back elbow to daze Paige enough so Nikki can knock her the fuck out and a rack attack later, she retains. Then AJ and Paige are each other's throats.

Nikki retains and the other half of that divas tag match are about to fight each other. Good good angle that accomplished what it needed to do.

• Like 1

They better fucking give Lesnar all the money in the world to keep him and have him retain. Judging by his facial hair though, my guess is he's growing out his beard for training for a fight.

What Really Worked:

- The beadown of Cena was glorious.  I have never seen Rusev look better or booked better.  I thought he was going to fucking injure a fan while causally tossing those monitors around like they weighed absolutely zero.

- AJ Lee. Paige. Catfight.  SEXY~! Oh, and that title match was pretty swank for a Divas match.  The future Mrs. Cena and Mrs. Bryan are pretty hot.

- Sting.  "You've got a sledgehammer and I've got a baseball bat.  Bring it, mother fucker."

- Bray cuts the promo of a life time...

What Really Didn't Work:

- and Undertaker does not even show.

- The parejas increibles match between Truth / Ambrose and Stardust / Harper was better than I thought it was going to be.  But then The Lunatic Fringe does the unimaginable and dances to put Killings over.  Yow.  From Hell In A Cell to popping and locking...  Where is the Dean Ambrose from the William Regal blood feud in FCW when you need him?

- Oy, that stare off.  What is this school yard tug of war Duck Season / Wabbit Season shit with the World Title?  What a shitty ending for a go home show.

Trips alluded to Bryan actually wanting to reel back on being pushed too hard and ''working the work of the reality''. Like, seriously I think that's just a bullshit excuse for the inexcusable booking of Bryan since his comeback (and for years before that). At least have the commentators acknowledge that Bryan has looked rusty, isn't carrying the momentum he had when he dropped the title a year ago, maybe even a little self cynicism has crept in from the debilitating injury. You know, play on it. But nope, he's in a spot where nothing really matters. Bryan will probably win the title on Sunday, despite being pushed as the equal of Stardust, a transparent consolation prize.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Brock Lesnar letting someone rip the title from his hands, and live, kinda goes against the way his character had been built.  The tug of war spot was embarrassing and you could read it on both guys faces.

Overall I liked the show.  It had a good build to most of the matches on the card.  That main event though...curious to see what happens, I have to give them that.

• Like 1

As far as Taker, they're promoting the Bray match more as "a special appearance by The Undetaker!" than a legitimate challenge because they don't have the streak to push and no one believes Bray's going over. Seeing Taker's return is the only thing they can sell, so they kept him off TV.

Hulk Hogan must be the only person in the world that wears hair extensions to create the illusion he has a skullet.

Conspiracy theory: The reason why Steph and H are so determined to say Sting vs Trips is a WCW vs WWF match, despite the fact that that's clearly not what the angle is about... is because they think they can get the result changed on the night, into H winning clean. Because otherwise it's an obvious Babyface win feel-good moment.

I'm at the point where I wish Wrestlemania would go home for a few months and just sort of stay there.

Which would make last night a... stay-home show.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 9

I'm at the point where I wish Wrestlemania would go home for a few months and just sort of stay there.

Which would make last night a... stay-home show.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I see what you did there.

With all of this talk about the main event that no one gives a shit about, I'm still wondering about Bray/Taker. Why fucking do this if there is no real benefit going forward. Taker is physically done and only getting older. Now Bray goes out and lays down for someone who gets ZERO benefit from the win and Bray moves on to.....what?

This company infuriates me. The biggest show in town and they act sometimes as if they intentionally want to fail.

So if(when?) the Reigns push is DOA what are the long lasting effects of this? Does the belt go from Reigns to Rollins to Cena?, Orton? Also what effect will this have on NXT (I could see Vince sour on NXT guys because of the failure of NXT grad Reigns)? Also would the failure of Roman Reigns come back on Hunter since Reigns is/was seen as a Reigns guy? Or does Vince say fuck it and keep the belt on Reigns till Mania next year?

Reigns gets fired and is never heard from ever again.  It's best for business and what the IWC wants.  (I'm joking about him getting fired and it being best for anything.)

Seriously though, Rollins obviously cashes in.  But really--how strong of a champ is he going to be?  JMO, but he's looked pretty daft as of late and I don't see how having the belt changes things.  Yeah, he'd be on top, but it'd be due to sheer luck more than anything.  Not sure how that helps anyone.

They'll probably hot-shot things over to Orton until they can get Cena back in the WHC mix.

An option is for Rollins trying to cash in on Reigns and someone stopping that, setting up some sort of heel turn for Reigns.