DVDVR Message Board

This Offseason In NFL Stupidity

RIPPA

Jim Nantz insists it's actually Tom Brady under the mask after signature Tom Brady moments ("only one man runs the QB Sneak as well as that!") while Phil "The Brain" Simms swears on his son's spleen's grave that it's totally a different guy in spite of the overwhelming evidence, praising Bill Belichek's ability to find great young undiscovered talent.

I figure Terrell Suggs can be the guy who vows to unmask him on Pay Per View Sunday Night Football, since he already kayfabes himself as "Hacksaw" from "Ball So Hard University" and is thus half in-character anyway.

• Like 1

So Brady is suspended for 4 meaningless games, lose two picks they probably wouldn't even use and fined chump change?

Yea, that's totally worth a Super Bowl ring.

Based on the Missouri court ruling last week, Goodell better find someone totally neutral to listen to Brady's appeal, or else I can see it tied up in the court system long enough for Brady's suspension to happen after he retires.

Based on the Missouri court ruling last week, Goodell better find someone totally neutral to listen to Brady's appeal, or else I can see it tied up in the court system long enough for Brady's suspension to happen after he retires.

I most have missed this care to enlighten?

I most have missed this care to enlighten?

Missouri Supreme Court invalidates Commissioner as arbitrator

In a lawsuit filed more than four years ago by former Rams equipment manager Todd Hewitt, the Missouri Supreme Court invalidated the requirement of submitting all claims to arbitration resolved by the Commissioner. The Missouri Supreme Court based its conclusion in part on a fairly simply analysis of three provisions of the league’s Constitution and Bylaws.

First, the Court pointed out that Section 8.3 gives the Commissioner “full, complete, and final jurisdiction and authority to arbitrate . . . [a]ny dispute between any player, coach, and/or other employee of any member of the League and any member club or clubs.” Next, the Court pointed out that Section 8.1 requires the NFL to “select and employ a person of unquestioned integrity to serve as Commissioner of the League and shall determine the period and fix the compensation of his employment.” Then, the Court pointed out that Section 8.2 states that the “Commissioner shall have no financial interest, direct or indirect, in any professional sport.”

The provisions are clearly inconsistent; it’s impossible for the Commissioner to have “no financial interest” in “any professional sport” when he is paid by the league — and when the bulk of his compensation often comes from bonuses tied to the financial success of the league. More importantly, the Missouri Supreme Court concluded that the conflicting provisions and obvious bias of the Commissioner when “required to arbitrate claims against his employers” makes the requirement that employees submit claims to arbitration resolved by the Commissioner unenforceable.

I almost feel like they went way over in their punishment in anticipation of an arbitration process that is going to weaken it. It really doesn't match up to their latest punishments over related infractions.

The "it's about lying to Goodell" argument is great because so many NFL players have told the truth during investigations on every subject in the past.

It's better than that. He wouldn't give the NFL his phone/his text messages. Because they have a right to that?

So Brady is suspended for 4 meaningless games, lose two picks they probably wouldn't even use and fined chump change?

Yea, that's totally worth a Super Bowl ring.

Except that of course the fact that it had nothing to do with the Super Bowl.

The "it's about lying to Goodell" argument is great because so many NFL players have told the truth during investigations on every subject in the past.

It's better than that. He wouldn't give the NFL his phone/his text messages. Because they have a right to that?

Maybe his phone has naked pictures of giselle on it.