DVDVR Message Board

This Offseason In NFL Stupidity

RIPPA

King's letter of the law argument for it is so fucking obnoxious.  "The rules say only consider on field so I HAVE to vote for this rapist, I don't want to but my hands are forced."  Fuck you.

• Like 4

King's letter of the law argument for it is so fucking obnoxious.  "The rules say only consider on field so I HAVE to vote for this rapist, I don't want to but my hands are forced."  Fuck you.

Especially since Sharper isn't exactly a slam dunk HoFer. Damn good player, hall-worthy, but the hall wouldn't exactly be missing anything by his absence. This isn't exactly a Rose/Bonds/Clemens type of situation.

King's letter of the law argument for it is so fucking obnoxious. "The rules say only consider on field so I HAVE to vote for this rapist, I don't want to but my hands are forced." Fuck you.

That might be the rule, but it's not exactly followed. See Harrison, Marvin.

All of his sentences are going to be served concurrently.  As it stands, he's getting sentenced to 20 years in federal prison, but he'll only serve half that (plus probation afterwards) and subtract the year he's already spent in custody per his plea agreement.  So yeah, nine.

So far, every accusation against Sharper has been post-career. Not even a hint of something from his playing days. Did something...happen...to the guy post-career that turned him into a monster? Like WTF?

So far, every accusation against Sharper has been post-career. Not even a hint of something from his playing days. Did something...happen...to the guy post-career that turned him into a monster? Like WTF?

I'm willing to bet he was doing this type of thing while playing.  I don't think people just decide to become serial rapists after 30, but then again I don't know what would make someone turn into a serial rapist. 

I'm willing to bet he was doing this type of thing while playing.  I don't think people just decide to become serial rapists after 30, but then again I don't know what would make someone turn into a serial rapist. 

I hate to even say this, because it borders on excusing a rapist for being a rapist, but can't CTE cause personality shifts and a loss of moral judgement?

I'm willing to bet he was doing this type of thing while playing. I don't think people just decide to become serial rapists after 30, but then again I don't know what would make someone turn into a serial rapist.

I hate to even say this, because it borders on excusing a rapist for being a rapist, but can't CTE cause personality shifts and a loss of moral judgement?

That's where I was going with this.

To continue in that vein, carefully, there is a difference between being a reason and an excuse, and I have no idea whether he would even be affected at all. But  no other former players have had a string of rapes like this;  he should have died in jail in any case. . . .

I feel like I should just reserve space for Randy Gregory now

He failed a drug test at the combine for pot - it is his third failed drug test in 15 months.

His comments about it state basically implies that he used to smoke every day at Nebraska but now "it's under control"

"I don't wake up every day saying, I'd really love to go smoke," he said. "It's not a struggle for me every day (now), it really isn't. In the past, hell yeah, it's been a struggle. It really has been."

He will be entering the league with one strike