DVDVR Message Board

This Offseason In NFL Stupidity

RIPPA

So, in this offseason in NOT stupidity, Jameis scored a completely respectable 27 on the Wonderlic.

To put that in context, Peyton and Brees scored a 28, Flacco a 27, Big Ben a 25(!) and Eli a 39 (!!!!).

You know this has to eat away at Peyton. I'll bet he randomly forces Eli to retake the Wonderlic at family gatherings(proctored by Archie, of course). 

• Like 1

So, in this offseason in NOT stupidity, Jameis scored a completely respectable 27 on the Wonderlic.

To put that in context, Peyton and Brees scored a 28, Flacco a 27, Big Ben a 25(!) and Eli a 39 (!!!!).

You know this has to eat away at Peyton. I'll bet he randomly forces Eli to retake the Wonderlic at family gatherings(proctored by Archie, of course). 

Yeah but to defend Eli it most be hard to hold a #2 pencil while wearing those two super bowl rings that you know he wears to every family gathering.

• Like 5

Rodgers: 35. Kaepernick/Romo: 37. Alex Smith: 40.

On the other end of the spectrum, Morris Claiborne (Dallas CB) scored a 4. That gives me the giggles for some reason...

EDIT: 

After being drafted, Claiborne admitted he "blew the test off" (the Wonderlic test) after seeing that it had "nothing on the test that came with football".[16

Yeah, gonna love watching him repeatedly break through Michael Oher and Jonathan Martin and the rest of the rag tag bunch of scrubs we have on o-line. 

Hardy's line that game: Three sacks, a forced fumble, two batted down passes. Bet on it.

Yeah, gonna love watching him repeatedly break through Michael Oher and Jonathan Martin and the rest of the rag tag bunch of scrubs we have on o-line. 

Hardy's line that game: Three sacks, a forced fumble, two batted down passes. Bet on it.

My family is going to come to find out my true insanity when I have to watch this SteveSmithing with them on Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

Police are seeking to question LSU offensive lineman La'el Collins following the shooting death of a pregnant... http://fb.me/6CURsNgdD 

Police are seeking to question LSU offensive lineman La'el Collins following the shooting death of a pregnant woman last week, Baton Rouge police Lt. Jonny Dunnam told ESPN.

Brittany Mills, 29, is believed by police to be a former girlfriend of Collins. Police said Collins is not currently a suspect in the shooting, only that they want to talk to him to see if he can assist with the information.

Collins' attorney, Jim Boren, told police his client is in Chicago, getting ready for the NFL draft. But Boren said he has been in constant contact with the lead detective on the case, he spoke with the district attorney today, and he even has retained the services of a private investigative firm to help him prove that Collins was not close to Mills' home when she was murdered.

"We took the investigation seriously," Boren said from his offices Tuesday. "We've tried to rule him out as a suspect. We're going to provide that information to the police, and ultimately (Collins) will sit down and talk to them. But the timing is poor."

Collins is projected as a first-round pick in Thursday's draft. Sources said a handful of teams have become aware of the incident and would like to know if police determine that Collins is the father of the infant who was delivered after Mills' death. The baby still receiving medical treatment.

Police told the Baton Rouge Advocate newspaper that in investigators believe, from a preliminary investigation, that Mills opened her door to someone who wanted to use her car and was shot multiple times after she refused.

Neighbors said they heard two gunshots about 10:30 p.m. Friday. They said the door to Mills' apartment was ajar when police arrived.

I didn't feel like it was fair to just drop that tweet without more information. The information above is from Schefter's facebook post about the situation.

I'm gonna put this in this thread

LeSean McCoy basically calls Chip Kelly a racist

“The relationship was never really great,” McCoy said. “I feel like I always respected him as a coach. I think that’s the way he runs his team. He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That’s the truth. There’s a reason. . . .

“It’s hard to explain with him. But there’s a reason he got rid of all the black players — the good ones — like that.”

“The relationship was never really great,” McCoy said. “I feel like I always respected him as a coach. I think that’s the way he runs his team. He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That’s the truth. There’s a reason. . . .

“It’s hard to explain with him. But there’s a reason he got rid of all the black players — the good ones — like that.”

Has anyone looked at his Duck teams and figured out the brake down of white to non white players?

Has anyone looked at his Duck teams and figured out the brake down of white to non white players?

OK, this could be more complex than just him being racist.  Some people want to be the guy who gets all the credit, and Chip Kelly might be the type of guy who wants to be known as the genius.  Lesean McCoy, Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, etc, were all really good players before he got there and maybe, just maybe he doesn't want to share credit with them if and when they get successful.  With that said, it is kind of fishy that those were the guys he decided to trade and/or cut, when they were clearly his best offensive players.  I don't know if race had an impact on why he made those decisions, but when you decide to get rid of all of your high profile players people are going to start asking questions to why, and racism makes as much sense as anything else.

Well, we are talking about the guy who recruited - and then started as a true freshman - De'Anthony Thomas.

Being a football coach is a strange job choice for a racist, so I'm not calling him racist either.  You can't really coach at a high level in college or the NFL without coming in contact and building relationships with a whole lot of black people.  I'm just saying his behavior is questionable.  The kind of shit that comes up after these guys are gone is also questionable.  Desean Jackson was essentially accused of being a gang member, like that would really be a reason to cut an NFL player.  McCoy was 3rd in the league in rushing, and Jeremy Maclin was 9th in receiving, and were somehow deemed expendable.  They very well could have been lockerroom cancers, but there is a guy named Riley Cooper, who I'd suspect was a little more controversial in the lockeroom at least for a season than either of them.  I'm just saying if you are McCoy and you are asking yourself why you were traded, racism is as good of a reason as any.