DVDVR Message Board

This Offseason In NFL Stupidity

RIPPA

The woman says five other Saints team members witnessed the incident "and knowingly participated in this humiliating and illegal behavior." The suit assigns alphabetical letters to each of the players, in lieu of naming them.

And so begins the downfall of Drew Brees, human trafficker.

• Like 1

Yeah - maybe we can talk when it isn't random people making shit up

I feel like the Chicago Sun Times quoting a Terez Owens story would be like the Washington Post quoting a Media Takeout story

Maybe Im nuts but releasing a story that simple says theres a video out there thats worse the ray rice and it should be out either today or tomorrow with no details to content seams like your just trying to say you where the first to report it if it does happen and if it doesn't nothing was said. Its like the guy who picks the Browns to win there division in August but then in January doesn't say anything when they don't.

Big fuck you to Mike Florio for saying today that the act and the video have been an open secret for months amongst the media, but no one reported it. What?

Also, what act is five times worse than the Ray Rice thing? Ignoring the possibility that Dez beat up a harem, what could this even be?

• Like 2

what act is five times worse than the Ray Rice thing? Ignoring the possibility that Dez beat up a harem, what could this even be?

He said some very negative (but true) things about the treatment of players by the NFL.

Well that would be five times worse in the eyes of Goodell and the NFL.  If it's five times worse than Ray Rice to actual humans then idk, is there a tape of him committing rape or homicide or beating up his mom with a bat? Cause the Ray Rice video was terrible and I did my best to avoid it until what ever channel I was watching (ESPN maybe) played it with no f'n warning.

Big fuck you to Mike Florio for saying today that the act and the video have been an open secret for months amongst the media, but no one reported it. What?

Also, what act is five times worse than the Ray Rice thing? Ignoring the possibility that Dez beat up a harem, what could this even be?

There is a difference between knowing something from hearsay and having the facts to report it.  Journalism is kind of like court, just because you know someone killed someone doesn't mean you can prove someone killed someone.  The Sun Times reporting something that is clearly a rumor is pretty irresponsible.  With that said, WHAT THE FUCK is 5 times worse than that Ray Rice video that he wouldn't be in jail for right now?

There is a difference between knowing something from hearsay and having the facts to report it.  Journalism is kind of like court, just because you know someone killed someone doesn't mean you can prove someone killed someone.  The Sun Times reporting something that is clearly a rumor is pretty irresponsible.  With that said, WHAT THE FUCK is 5 times worse than that Ray Rice video that he wouldn't be in jail for right now?

Cant be in jail if he beat the hooker to death.

He's Keyzer Soze.

With that said, WHAT THE FUCK is 5 times worse than that Ray Rice video that he wouldn't be in jail for right now?

Raping and killing some poor co-ed is the threshold.  And I have a hard time believing that happened and has been covered up for months before now.

And if the media knew about this supposed act and said nothing--how do they think they're going to come across?  Like really, asswipes.

With that said, WHAT THE FUCK is 5 times worse than that Ray Rice video that he wouldn't be in jail for right now?

Raping and killing some poor co-ed is the threshold.  And I have a hard time believing that happened and has been covered up for months before now.

And if the media knew about this supposed act and said nothing--how do they think they're going to come across?  Like really, asswipes.

I agree that rape/murder is worse than hitting your wife, but if there is a video of Dez Bryant raping and murdering someone he'd already be in jail.  As far as I know, Dez Bryant hasn't even been arrested for whatever Terez Owens is claiming that he did.  Seriously, what crime is five times worse than what Ray Rice did that didn't lead to an arrest?  I can't think of anything that anyone can do on tape that is worse than knocking your spouse unconcious that wouldn't get you arrested.  There is a chance you can dodge the charge, but not even an arrest?  If that is the case the NFL, the media, and everyone else is behind the police when it comes to who is behaving improperly. 

There is a terribly fishy smell coming from this...the timing of it is strange, the fact that apparently everyone knows what it is, but no one has said anything, and apparently they are shopping it around to the highest bidder, says this is something that is either old as shit, non existent, or an extortion plot.  I'm not saying whatever he may or may not have done isn't horrible, but this seems more than a little fishy.

It seems like a bunch of BS to tease something like that.  People don't keep secrets well for that long.  As a Cowboys fan though, I do worry about them giving a big contract to Dez.  I've said for a while that they need to let Murray walk and pay Dez because Dez is a special talent at WR.  Murray is great but I think a lot of guys would run well behind that line.  But reading what they've had Dez doing for a while and the program he's been on and then the fact that he's recently been pushing back on it has me worried.  I'd just hate to see them give him all this money and then he self-destructs.  Maybe they should just play it safe and pay DeMarco and let Dez be someone else's problem.  Or let them both go and spend that money on defense and draft a RB in addition to what they already have. 

• Like 1

So you're telling me that there is something five times worse than Ray Rice and that journalists have known about it for months and didn't say anything?  Bullshit.

Any number of "news" organizations would have given their first born to have something this hot.  Do you know how many clicks this would get for websites?  People underestimate how much cash these types of stories bring in.  Someone had to witness whatever supposedly happened and not a soul has come forward to claim their 15 minutes of fame.  People these days are out to get their paper and unless Dez paid out already, I'd be shocked if something ever came about from all this.

This is the biggest non story of all time.  There apparently is a video, but we may not see it.  Shefter has said that he knows it exists, but he's never seen it.  He can neither confirm nor deny whether there is something criminal on the video.  Apparently the people who have the video haven't released it because they are shopping it around.  We get to act like we know Dez did something crazy when we don't even know that he did anything in the first place.  I've heard all types of shit about what may or may not be on the tape that may or may not be years old.  The fact that it is video of something that apparently happened in a Walmart parking lot, and yet the police seem to have never been involved is more than a little strange to me.  Shefter saying the reason the story hasn't been released is because it may not be fair to Dez is something else that makes me think there is something strange afoot.  Dez saying he was betrayed could mean anything, especially with the reports that this could be an extortion plot. 

So multiple news organizations/blogs/websites have now stated that they were given stills from the video by people to try and drum up the bidding for it. Can someone who knows more about journalism explain why these stills weren't released and reported on?

The only thing I can think of is that Dez got an underage girl pregnant and paid the girl to have an abortion.  And now that woman is looking to stick it to him. MAYBE.  And while that may be questionable behavior, it's probably not illegal, depending on the age of consent in the state where the sex/conception took place.  And even if it was statutory rape, statue of limitations have likely expired.

And that's a stretch and me trying to come up with anything that's feasible.