DVDVR Message Board

This Offseason In NFL Stupidity

RIPPA

Since heis retired, didnt think it should go in the off-season thread, which will jammed today anyway.

There apparently was some pod convention or maybe just a PodcastOne upfront, which is why Austin and Carolla were there together. Maybe Toomer has a pod now?

Ravens RB Bernard Pierce arrested this AM for DUI

Pierce failed a field sobriety test after being pulled over near the Baltimore beltway just before 2 a.m. ET and was arrested, according to Baltimore County police. He is charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol, driving while impaired by alcohol, exceeding maximum speed (55 mph in a posted 30 mph zone) and driving a vehicle in excess of reasonable and prudent speed on a highway.

EDIT - The Ravens have released Pierce

Seriously, cabs don't cost that fucking much. Why is this so difficult for football players to figure out? Or get one your hangers-on to be the designated driver for the night and don't let them drink.

Now not calling the league car service, I understand.  What's to keep the driver from reporting to your team or Goddell that you likely got drunk?  I know that's not how it's supposed to work--but that's how it would happen somehow.

Still, they could easily call car service themselves.  So could other people, though.  It's just a problem for society, though we know better.

Now not calling the league car service, I understand.  What's to keep the driver from reporting to your team or Goddell that you likely got drunk?  I know that's not how it's supposed to work--but that's how it would happen somehow.

Still, they could easily call car service themselves.  So could other people, though.  It's just a problem for society, though we know better.

Unless there under 21 its not illegal to get drunk. It is thou illegal to get drunk and drive.

Now not calling the league car service, I understand. What's to keep the driver from reporting to your team or Goddell that you likely got drunk? I know that's not how it's supposed to work--but that's how it would happen somehow.

Still, they could easily call car service themselves. So could other people, though. It's just a problem for society, though we know better.

Unless there under 21 its not illegal to get drunk. It is thou illegal to get drunk and drive.
NFL players are terrified that calling the car service will be held against them somehow.

Teams already know that guys are going to get obliterated - thus why they are providing the car service in the first place.

They want the player to get from point A to point B without hurting themselves or anyone else. And more importantly to most teams - not embarass the franchise.

So the theory that they are afraid the driver would narc them out is folly

EDIT - Of course I am using logic - which the original story shows that football players tend not to do

• Like 3

Now not calling the league car service, I understand. What's to keep the driver from reporting to your team or Goddell that you likely got drunk? I know that's not how it's supposed to work--but that's how it would happen somehow.

Still, they could easily call car service themselves. So could other people, though. It's just a problem for society, though we know better.

NFL players are terrified that calling the car service will be held against them somehow.

And as we have seen the should be terrified of not calling it or a cab.

Teams already know that guys are going to get obliterated - thus why they are providing the car service in the first place.

They want the player to get from point A to point B without hurting themselves or anyone else. And more importantly to most teams - not embarass the franchise.

So the theory that they are afraid the driver would narc them out is folly

EDIT - Of course I am using logic - which the original story shows that football players tend not to do

You are correct.  I don't know why people think this.  They drive home drunk because it's easier.  Sure they could call the car service or call for a cab but they could also take their own car and drive home right then and not have to wait for anyone to come get them.  They rationalize it in their head.  They're not that drunk, they're sober enough to drive.  That's all it is.  The same reason anyone gets a DUI.  It's because they think it's easier to just drive home themselves and they think they're good enough to drive and won't get pulled over. 

Yeah I think "the league will rat them out" thing is BS too. This is a league that has covered up internal systemic drug problems for decades, come on now.

Yeah, but that served the NFL in not wanting folks to know that its players pop pain pills and other drugs like Tic-Tacs.  And with the league being slap backwards on topics--maybe it doesn't make sense to us, but to some player--I get why they don't want their teams knowing their personal business.

• Like 1

Well the same could be said for humans in general.

I mean there are plenty of people who are all I WONT USE TECHNOLOGY BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT CAN SEE EVERYTHING I DO!!!!

Or even simpler - people who don't sign up for discount cards because they think Wegman's is mocking them for the amount of mac & cheese they buy

Or even simpler - people who don't sign up for discount cards because they think Wegman's is mocking them for the amount of mac & cheese they buy

It's true, though.  IT'S ALL TRUE! Kroger once gave me a coupon for almond milk--how do they know?

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

I used to buy a pint of ice cream from my local grocery store and they gave me a coupon for buy one get one free.  The next time I used it to get two and they gave me a buy 2 get one free.  The next time I got the three, and they gave me a buy 3 get 4 free.  They straight up took advantage of my complete and total lack of willpower.  Those cards are the devil.

Lyft and Uber can know my complete history for all I care as long as they get me home safe. You're already fucking around with safety of yourself and others by drinking and driving. If you don't care about that, then why give a shit about the info Uber has on you, and just fucking order an Uber X or whatever.

• Like 1

I don't think there's much I can say that adds to the facts on this one.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 38s38 seconds ago

Rape charges filed in Las Vegas against former NFL S Darren Sharper, who already faces sexual assault charges in LA, NO and Phoenix.

I have no idea how this isn't a bigger story, this is one of the craziest most salacious stories in the history of sports.  He was not only drugging and raping women, he was drugging and raping women who most likely wanted to have sex with him any way.  He wasn't just raping women, he habitually chose rape when consent was a very real option.  Put this dude under the jail. 

I don't think there's much I can say that adds to the facts on this one.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 38s38 seconds ago

Rape charges filed in Las Vegas against former NFL S Darren Sharper, who already faces sexual assault charges in LA, NO and Phoenix.

I have no idea how this isn't a bigger story, this is one of the craziest most salacious stories in the history of sports.  He was not only drugging and raping women, he was drugging and raping women who most likely wanted to have sex with him any way.  He wasn't just raping women, he habitually chose rape when consent was a very real option.  Put this dude under the jail. 

Peter King still thinks he should be in the HOF. . . .