DVDVR Message Board

This Offseason In NFL Stupidity

RIPPA

So stupid, from him and for him, get rid of the stupid rules unless it's actually messing up their lives. Burn-out style.

I agree with this.  We are at a strange time where what the rules are and how people view the rules are clearly different.  When it seems like the public perception of marijuana usage is somewhere between who cares, and let them smoke if they want.  I think that this issue is actually going to get worse in the next couple of years.  It is legal in multiple states, and seems like it is going to be legal in more and more states in the near future.  Players are going to smoke weed legally or illegally, because society is getting to the point where it is accepted.  The NFL already changed their rules, but they may get to the point where they have to stop testing for marijuana altogether.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but the only problem I could see is if a dumbass pothead got on the field high, and was seriously injured as a result. Probably a long shot, and it shouldn't stop a policy reform. . . .

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but the only problem I could see is if a dumbass pothead got on the field high, and was seriously injured as a result. Probably a long shot, and it shouldn't stop a policy reform. . . .

What is stopping them from doing that now?  Weren't Bell and Blount on the way to a game when they got caught getting high in the car?

What is stopping them from doing that now?  Weren't Bell and Blount on the way to a game when they got caught getting high in the car?

Touche

Not as bad as being drunk, but still not the brightest idea. Most potheads I've known had no inclination to drive anywhere when they were going to be high.

Not as bad as being drunk, but still not the brightest idea. Most potheads I've known had no inclination to drive anywhere when they were going to be high.

My pothead associates are either people who never want to drive anywhere when high, or people who smoke exclusively in their car.  I don't understand the people who smoke while driving, because your car is essentially the only place you'll ever be arrested for possession of weed.  I was listening to an interview with the rapper Schoolboy Q and he was talking about why he doesn't have a drivers liscense.  He said it was because he has a record and if he gets pulled over the cops can legally search or detain him and he just didn't want to go through that.  That is essentially the equivalent to having a car that smells like weed.  I'd be willing to bet that 90% of arrests for weed possession are based on a car search.  No judge is signing warrants to search people's homes for bags of weed. 

Playing high is no different than playing under the influence of huge numbers of painkillers prescribed by team doctors. I'm sure that goes on on a weekly basis for a majority of the league. 

I gotta say, when I was in high school I played streetball at the park almost every day and I did smoke weed every day and honestly? I played better. I could power through the minor things that if I was sober would slow me down. Shot was more consistent too. I don't think it's enough positive to make it considered a PED but I do feel like if anything, it helps not hinders.

It should be a requirement, like TRT will be starting in 2025. Don't ask why high school water polo players need Testosterone injections, they just do.

• Like 1

Geno Smith busted for DUI

I'm getting this via a text from my Mom so honestly it could be anyone at this point

According to Twitter, its the Alabama DB. . . . Athletes ought to have the actor thing, and use freaking initials. . . 

Geno Smith busted for DUI

I'm getting this via a text from my Mom so honestly it could be anyone at this point

According to Twitter, its the Alabama DB. . . . Athletes ought to have the actor thing, and use freaking initials. . . 

He should just go as Eugene Cyril Smith III because COME ON THAT'S A COOL NAME, GUY.

• Like 1

Falcons to lose a fifth-round pick in 2016 for piping in crowd noise.

Browns' GM to be suspended for the first four weeks of 2015 for texting coaches on the sideline during games. Apparently the league thought it best to let the Browns keep their draft picks so they could punish themselves.

• Like 2

How is the lose of a late round pick a deterrent for crowed noise?

Yeah, seems like a pretty light punishment. I dunno if it deserved a first but a second or third, at least.

Yeah, seems like a pretty light punishment. I dunno if it deserved a first but a second or third, at least.

Wait, you guys still expect their punishments to make sense?

Wait, you guys still expect their punishments to make sense?
LOL. No way :)

Although one time Jets QB Geno Smith tried to pass a sobriety test and the test went sailing 10 feet over the intended target's head.

"It was intercerpted and returned for a touchdown" was the correct punchline here.