DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Ugh. That video. That interviewer, I wonder if he's ever questioned his life choices. Between this video - hearing The Screech of Missy Hyatt speaking of cock sizes - the video where he's playing name association with Saturn using various drugs of choice (pulling said drug examples out of a gym bag), and almost getting molested by a drunk Jamie Dundee ... it's a wonder he hasn't eaten a 9mm.

• Like 4

If Russo was an on-air character as a racist New Yorker it wouldn't be bad. He'd get heel heat, people would want to lynch him. Now if he's involved in creative then burn it all down. But as a character for a set of tapings, not the worst idea in the world

But as a character for a set of tapings, not the worst idea in the world

At this point a promotion giving Vince Russo yet ANOTHER chance to fail in pro wrestling is like a studio head greenlighting a film written by M. Night Shyamalan.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3567288/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

Would you settle for M. Night writing a TV show?

If Russo was an on-air character as a racist New Yorker it wouldn't be bad.

Yes it would?

Why would having Vince Russo most likely getting his ass beat by Alberto El Patron be bad? The guys a heel already to a good portion of Lucha Underground's audience anyway, I see no negative in having him on screen only to eventually get beat up. It's not like I'm saying he should be involved in any way shape or form backstage. The interesting thing is the number of people paying for his "VIP" site, I'm wondering if that number is why LU would consider hiring Vince Russo

Yes it would?

Why would having Vince Russo most likely getting his ass beat by Alberto El Patron be bad? The guys a heel already to a good portion of Lucha Underground's audience anyway, I see no negative in having him on screen only to eventually get beat up. It's not like I'm saying he should be involved in any way shape or form backstage. The interesting thing is the number of people paying for his "VIP" site, I'm wondering if that number is why LU would consider hiring Vince Russo

Damnit man, don't you know how Russo works? I don't care if you sign him as a talent, a hot dog vendor, or a bathroom janitor, that little fucker will find a way to con himself into writing the show before too long!

• Like 1

Yes it would?

Why would having Vince Russo most likely getting his ass beat by Alberto El Patron be bad? The guys a heel already to a good portion of Lucha Underground's audience anyway, I see no negative in having him on screen only to eventually get beat up.

I see a rather obvious one: his track record as an on-screen character is miraculously worse than his track record in creative. He has literally never been involved in anything entertaining as an on-screen character. I am not exaggerating.