DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

But as a character for a set of tapings, not the worst idea in the world

At this point a promotion giving Vince Russo yet ANOTHER chance to fail in pro wrestling is like a studio head greenlighting a film written by M. Night Shyamalan.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3567288/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

Would you settle for M. Night writing a TV show?

Kathryn Hahn should know better.

If Russo was an on-air character as a racist New Yorker it wouldn't be bad. He'd get heel heat, people would want to lynch him. Now if he's involved in creative then burn it all down. But as a character for a set of tapings, not the worst idea in the world

Isn't it impossible to get heel heat with planted fans who don't pay?

Apparently

Rhyno

showed up at the next set of NXT tapings and stared down

Finn Bálor,

teasing a feud. 

I wasn't trying to find that information, so I'm sort of bummed that I saw it. The surprise would have been cool. 

Wasn't there talk a few months back that the 2nd guy was trying to get into the WWE as a trainer.

No interest in seeing that first surprise guy.

I think he rotates in and out as a temporary trainer like Adam Pearce does.

I like the surprise returns. I've thought for a while that NXT could use some full-time vets on the roster for the rookies to work with in actual matches. Baron Corbin isn't going to pick up a damn thing working with Bull Dempsey, but he could learn a lot from someone with 10+ years of working at a high level. Dunno if [redacted] and [redacted] are going to be around after last night, but if they are, they're smart additions.

• Like 1