DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

As far as spoilers go, NXT is a victim of its own success. The better and more popular they've gotten, the more people will talk about it, and when they tape four shows at once, people are gonna talk about those.

The spoilers don't bother me because NXT is booked competently, so I know the big payoffs will come at the live shows.

• Like 1

I don't want to group all fans together, but part of me very strong feels like most of TNA's fanbase are fans of TNA because they identity with it. It belongs to them in a way WWE can't. It's like being fans of a sports team. It was something that they could latch onto when they were younger (or now when they come into wrestling) which they can feel obstinate and contrary about. It ceases becoming a rational thing. Part of me finds it very amusing that NXT could well supersede TNA in that regard, despite being a WWE product, that WWE creates a brand that gives TNA fans more of what they're looking for than TNA.

Them bringing in all those vets makes sense,especially if they want to regulary run shows outside of Florida. The vets don't really set the indy world on fire on their own but i can see some of them being a draw with the WWE hype machine behind it. So the NXT brand brings in the indy crowd and the people with mainstream exposure in the past attract some of the more casual fans. Even though i have no clue how good a NXT show outside of Florida would have to draw to be considered a sucess or how much they don' look at the numbers and see it soley as a means to develop their talent. I think they want to run sold shows for the NXT brand,so i can already see some kickstarters to bring NXT to their shitty VFW hall in Dakota. Or imagine Beyond bringing NXT to Fete or PWG to Legion Hall #308.

They can always come to Idaho....we have....places for....wrestling...

Anyone....wrestling....Idaho?

Anyone....

What about Sandpoint? Put the ring on one end of the bridge, and have a wrestler do that Great Muta spot against Hogan where he runs all the way up the ramp, screams, and runs all the way back for a Clothesline. Iron Man match!

• Like 1

I would imagine that NXT bringing in the wrestlers mentioned above and others like them is more of a one time thing because of the tour overseas. I don't think it will be planned going forward, but maybe a sporadic thing bringing in guys are are still healthy enough to work and maybe give them some experience as road agents and the like while they are there. 

I don't want to group all fans together, but part of me very strong feels like most of TNA's fanbase are fans of TNA because they identity with it. It belongs to them in a way WWE can't. It's like being fans of a sports team. It was something that they could latch onto when they were younger (or now when they come into wrestling) which they can feel obstinate and contrary about. It ceases becoming a rational thing. Part of me finds it very amusing that NXT could well supersede TNA in that regard, despite being a WWE product, that WWE creates a brand that gives TNA fans more of what they're looking for than TNA.

When i was at Mania Fan Axxess in the NXT autograph line, it seemed like most of the other people in line where young guys and gals who were super into NXT and not really discussing WWE much at all.

the ECW Zombie is legitimately one of my favorite things about the ECW revival. my reaction of WTF...... (when he entered)  followed by knee-slapping guffaws (when he cut that promo) will probably never be duplicated.  hell, i'm laughing to myself right now thinking about it.

• Like 1

NXT is really what WWECW should've been. It's too bad WWE didn't realize it at the time.

That is what WWECW was, but it was burdened by the ECW name.

I would argue that not quite. WWECW still pushed the guys out there in front of a large arena WWE audience and on a national cable network. NXT allows guys to develop in front of a smaller audience without as much pressure. WWECW should've been taped at a smaller venue and probably just streamed on WWE.com.

Plus, I don't see Vince McMahon showing up on NXT to feud with the NXT Champion any time soon.