DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

And Neville learned a valuable lesson:  Never let a good cornbread just sit on your plate.

I thought poor Bo was going to feel out of place at first when there was talk about previous experience.  But if anything it was Joe who was since he didn't do FCW.  It was such a cool conversation between the three and they were all very likeable.

Yeah, that one was great. For some reason I was surprised that they let them visibly drink, but also let Neville say "shit" during that rap discussion.

I'm pretty sure that he said, "Shiz", cause Neville's down like that.

I was thinking he said "shit" but with the combination of his accent, his attempt at rapping, and that he may have had apple in his mouth (one really negative on show) the censors couldn't figure it out. 

Loved that he wanted to hit the Red Arrow on Bo Dallas so hard that it would make him crap himself in the ring.  

I finally re-upped, and the search function is working better than it did a year ago, so who are some of the best foreign wrestlers with matches available on the network?

Should be quite a few Muta matches from 89 there.

• Like 1

I finally re-upped, and the search function is working better than it did a year ago, so who are some of the best foreign wrestlers with matches available on the network?

Should be quite a few Muta matches from 89 there.

The first one I remember watching on the Network was Sting/Flair vs Muta/Funk in a cage at Halloween Havoc 1989 that had a completely ridiculous finish.  On the plus side, they played "War Pigs" after the match.

Yeah, that one was great. For some reason I was surprised that they let them visibly drink, but also let Neville say "shit" during that rap discussion.

I was thinking he said "shit" but with the combination of his accent, his attempt at rapping, and that he may have had apple in his mouth (one really negative on show) the censors couldn't figure it out. 

Loved that he wanted to hit the Red Arrow on Bo Dallas so hard that it would make him crap himself in the ring.  

Yeah, I just couldn't get in to this one because every time it was about to get good......CRUNCH!!!!  Somehow it took him an entire 23 minute show to finish an apple that he had already eaten half of when the show started.  Unless the whole thing was a rib on Bo, since he seemed pretty annoyed that Neville didn't touch his food the entire show (except for the piece of beet/carrot.)

So I'm watching that early look at the Sting DVD.

They keep pushing this idea that Sting and Flair wrestled each other all over the world....

I can see  a tag match they worked in Japan, a couple of matches in Germany and teamed together in a six man in the UK (Sting, Flair and Steamboat vs the Blondes and Maxx Payne sounds wonderful). Hardly a massive global presence. Same with Flair/Steamboat (wrestled Germany, UK, Japan, Canada). Such a silly myth.

If you count their matches in North America, that three different continents. Not too many promotions ran shows in Africa or South America, even WWE only made it there in the last decade.

Are there really no 2008 RAWs on the network? I wanted to watch Regal's KOTR tournament.

According to the subtitles, he said "Shizz".

Thoughts on Survivor Series 95

Public Enemy wrestled the dark match, losing to the Smoking Gunns.

The 1-2-3 Kid got great heat, not just X-Pac heat. It's like the fans finally had permission to boo him. Ted DiBiase buying Jean-Pierre LaFitte's spot for the Kid made perfect sense for both characters.

Mr. Perfect put himself over way too much on commentary, but he did have a great line during the opening match. Marty Jannetty hit the Rocker Dropper, and Perfect immediately said, "That'll break your neck!"

Alundra Blayze did not look good at all. It's like she didn't know the rules of a tag team match. She would just waltz into the ring before getting the tag, and then her partners started doing it, too! Aja Kong on the other hand, was unstoppable, pinning the champ clean with the backfist. This set her up to challenge for the title. Did that ever happen?

Goldust's star continued to rise with a win over the departing Bam Bam Bigelow. I thought the bulldog finisher was a little too "Dustin Rhodes," but I guess it would have been tough to hit the Curtain Call on Bam Bam.

Undertaker is the obvious winner of the MVP award, as he single-handedly destroyed King Mabel's teammates and sent him running for cover. He easily defeated Yankem, his future brother, and even chokeslammed Sir Mo, who was the sacrificial lamb as Mabel high-tailed it out of the arena.

Jim Cornette actually cut promos for both teams in the Wild Card match, as he had Bulldog on one side and Owen & Yokozuna on the other. Cornette and Bulldog were great at celebrating the win, even though Shawn Michaels and Our Man Johnson (my buddy thought that was his name) knocked Bulldog out of the ring before putting Yoko away.

Diesel taking it easy on Bret (only to get pinned) didn't make sense as far as winning the match, but it explained his heel turn. Too bad we didn't get more than six months of heel Diesel before he defected to WCW.

Diesel taking it easy on Bret (only to get pinned) didn't make sense as far as winning the match, but it explained his heel turn. Too bad we didn't get more than six months of heel Diesel before he defected to WCW.

Didn't the ref tell Diesel to back off and that's why he didn't powerbomb him? I don't think he was taking it easy on him.

• Like 1

Didn't the ref tell Diesel to back off and that's why he didn't powerbomb him? I don't think he was taking it easy on him.

Perhaps, but the announcers were saying that Diesel may have been showing compassion to his injured opponent.

I don't recall the ref backing him off, but I haven't watched it recently. He picked him, Bret slumped back down out of the powerbomb, Diesel hesitated, then picked Bret back up, small package, new champion.

• Like 1

Alundra Blayze did not look good at all. It's like she didn't know the rules of a tag team match. She would just waltz into the ring before getting the tag, and then her partners started doing it, too! Aja Kong on the other hand, was unstoppable, pinning the champ clean with the backfist. This set her up to challenge for the title. Did that ever happen?

Was supposed to be Rumble 96 but Alundra was let go in December and back in WCW before the match could happen

• Like 1

Was supposed to be Rumble 96 but Alundra was let go in December and back in WCW before the match could happen

The story goes that after Aja backfisted Asari the following night on RAW and broke her nose, Vince gave up on the Joshis and the whole division.

• Like 1

Breaking Ground came right on for me, dug it a lot this week. Love seeing Sarah Stock involved and of course Sara Del Rey getting a lot of time on the show. Cool catching familiar faces like Allysin Kay at the tryouts and new signings like Athena alongside Asuka. Regal getting more and more pissed for nobody following his direction was classic.

Ok, trying to watch Breaking Ground on the PS4 and I'm getting the skipping around that people have been talking about.  Was there a way to fix that?

UPDATE: It's not even loading up on Chrome or Firefox on my PC.  Anybody able to watch it yet?

So, I got my PS4 working.  If anybody has this problem (it would skip forward 10 seconds, then back 25, then forward 15, then just go right to the last few seconds of the show), restart the episode, then fast forward to 5 or so minutes in.  Then rewind it back to the beginning, I just took it back to right after the opening credits and it worked for the rest of the show.

Why? I didn't come away from it thinking that. I saw her(all if them, actually) as someone who is struggling with a family legacy and trying to compete with the "prettier" girls.

I would like to see a screen cap of Charlotte's Resting Bitch Face. She just looks like she could be a miserable person to be around sometimes.

• Like 1