DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Charlotte just looked like she wanted to say something but knew Natty was going to take forever to say her stuff and eventually couldn't take it

I can't see how Natalya is the "worst sort of person" on any level but I agree that I am not sure I could last more than a day with her without needing a break.  Her heart is in the right place

Also Taminia saying the last time Flair was with Snuka was Royal Rumble 1992 seems wrong because I thought Snuka was in the Jericho WM match against the legends when Flair was ringside.  Maybe she meant wrestling

Ok, trying to watch Breaking Ground on the PS4 and I'm getting the skipping around that people have been talking about.  Was there a way to fix that?

UPDATE: It's not even loading up on Chrome or Firefox on my PC.  Anybody able to watch it yet?

So, I got my PS4 working.  If anybody has this problem (it would skip forward 10 seconds, then back 25, then forward 15, then just go right to the last few seconds of the show), restart the episode, then fast forward to 5 or so minutes in.  Then rewind it back to the beginning, I just took it back to right after the opening credits and it worked for the rest of the show.

This worked for me last night with NXT.

The constant undermining, having to out-do everyone else's stories, diminishing everyone else's stories was just awful.

Charlotte starts crying when Nattie brings up Reid, and then she instantly cuts to "Yeah, well, I've lost people too..."

Well, in her defense, the Hart family was a nonstop series of tragedies for several years there

From watching Total Divas, Natalie just comes off as a bad person. Not 'bad' in the way that she is a backstabber and always out to get people, but every other aspect of her personality is just grating and dull. The Table For 3 was hard listening to her as it was a mixture of unwelcomed over dominance of the conversation as well as being VERY unaware of herself. Its 2015 and Natalie is still trying to pretend that she isn't coasting off the Hart name and that the sharpshooter is being done for ANY reason other than to continue to hitch herself to the Hart name as long as she can.

I never really appreciated what Goldust did with himself and establishing his own career, until I heard this roundtable and see how some (Natalie) are just flat out unwilling to. Charlotte pretending she isn't in the position she is in because of her last name is also laughable. Aside from that one point, Charlotte seems like a level headed woman when it comes to the business.

• Like 1

Royal Rumble '89. Haku vs Harley Race for the title of King. You wouldn't think one wrestling ring could contain that much badass awesomeness. And it doesn't, as they fight outside a bunch. Harley looks old and broken down physically but he was only 45 at the time... although he only did have a few years left before he was managing in WCW. They do an unprotected headbutt battle in the ring and you aren't sure whether to cheer or cringe. Then they take it in turns to do the Diving Headbutt off the top and miss, and is Haku the only guy who stands counterpoint to the 'Regularly doing Diving Headbutts destroys your body' argument? Harley hits a Piledriver in the ring and later one on the floor, and even though Haku has a hard head gimmick (and in real life too) he still sells them because he's not an idiot.

I wonder what it was like for whoever trained Haku to explain selling to him. "You have to act like it really hurt you." "I don't know what that feels like, boss". If they'd wrestled when Harley was a couple of years younger and had less wear and tear on him, they would probably have had a longer match. But this one was long enough, and good enough.

Apparently these are the only two guys in Wrestling that Andre was legit scared of. Andre the Giant was an intelligent man.

• Like 1

If you watch WWF era Haku, you can kinda see it. He's, obviously, not nearly as good (don't kill me Meng) but he does a lot of Harley Race type moves and bumps.

He dropped it in WCW in favor of being invincible.

Royal Rumble '89. Haku vs Harley Race for the title of King. You wouldn't think one wrestling ring could contain that much badass awesomeness. And it doesn't, as they fight outside a bunch. Harley looks old and broken down physically but he was only 45 at the time... although he only did have a few years left before he was managing in WCW. They do an unprotected headbutt battle in the ring and you aren't sure whether to cheer or cringe. Then they take it in turns to do the Diving Headbutt off the top and miss, and is Haku the only guy who stands counterpoint to the 'Regularly doing Diving Headbutts destroys your body' argument? Harley hits a Piledriver in the ring and later one on the floor, and even though Haku has a hard head gimmick (and in real life too) he still sells them because he's not an idiot.

I wonder what it was like for whoever trained Haku to explain selling to him. "You have to act like it really hurt you." "I don't know what that feels like, boss". If they'd wrestled when Harley was a couple of years younger and had less wear and tear on him, they would probably have had a longer match. But this one was long enough, and good enough.

Apparently these are the only two guys in Wrestling that Andre was legit scared of. Andre the Giant was an intelligent man.

Well, shit.  I never knew I needed to see this until now.  Will have to catch that soon.

I was watching WrestleWar '91 earlier this week and noticed they'd dubbed over Bobby Eaton's entrance music. Whatever they did had a ridiculously hilarious canned "Bobby" chant from out of nowhere laid over it.