DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-19-15

MGFanJay

Why the fuck are they giving the match to the Outlaws and not the APA?

Because Simmons isn't in great shape, and I'm petty sure JBL can't actually wrestle anymore outside of the odd bump or two each year. I would rather see APA, but I can understand the why not of it..

Given that WWE needs new teams, burying The Ascension makes even less sense. 

Usos

Miz & Mizdow

Goldust & Stardust

Matadors

New Day

Slator Gator

Cesaro & Kidd

More new teams wouldn't be a bad thing, but they aren't desperate for them. They just need to use what they have more efficiently.

bink_winkleman, on 20 Jan 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:bink_winkleman, on 20 Jan 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:

_MJ_, on 20 Jan 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:_MJ_, on 20 Jan 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

Also Brock/Seth have some weird, chemistry in their segments. I actually became interested in seeing something between those two after Raw was done.

YES. There is electricity there like nothing else on the roster.

People are probably just happy to see Brock face someone other than Cena or HHH. Brock vs Ambrose(if he had won the Bray feud) would've been the fucking shit.

Other than Kidd/Cesaro there isn't a team on the main roster I care if I ever see another match from.

It's because Seth is such a great chickenshit, which just enhances Brock looking like the scariest dude on the planet. (Even though he's the same height as Seth, which is just weird.)

Yeah.  Their chemistry is essentially the same chemistry that a bear has with a honey-covered chew toy dipped in blood.

• Like 4

Until the shit distraction finish, anyway.

That finish was the way to go. Bray looked like a friggin' destroyer in that match but still needed Kane's help. And now Bryan wants to get his just deserts on Smackdown. Not everything should have a clean finish. Sometimes a finish like this does something for everyone -- and this is a good example of that.

Also, I thought the announcers did a good job tonight mentioning previous feuds and alliances. Booker mentioned Bryan and Bray's story from last year. And he also talked about Wade's leadership abilities and the Nexus.  Use the universe that you created.

• Like 2

This legend stuff is going to get The Ascension over.

I'm sad because The Ascension's promos still have not led to the WWE return of either Demolition or Powers of Pain.

Although I have nothing but respect for him as a wrestler, Bill Eadie on Raw looking like a grandpa in half-assed makeup trying to stand up to someone would probably be more depressing than I care to even think about.  Barry Darsow as well, but especially Bill.

Now Warlord and Barbarian?  I'll take that any day. 

• Like 1

I can't be the only one who heard "wait just a cotton pickin minute" and cringed. It's 2015. It also happens to be MLK day today.

I certainly hope you were.  One person on this board trying desperately to find accidental and obviously unintentional racism in anything is enough.

• Like 4

upon viewing the gif, Brock's F5 to Big Show was essentially Brock doing the FU (which was Cena's version of the F5 from the beginning) because dropping Big Show facefirst has it's drawbacks.

The only 3MB guy still employed.

and 3MB does have 2 openings these days and Slater is back from his legal troubles.

• Like 1