DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

In all honesty, I think a lot of people's opinions on Roman would be totally different if he had something like "Ring Of Honor" and "New Japan" in his resume.

I remember when indy darling Dolph Ziggler had a great run in NOAH in 08 it was great.

estone47.gif

I don't watch nothing but WWE and I know Roman isn't ready for this push. It is Diesel/Mabel 2.0 all over again. The fans just want their voice to be heard and they know it is not being heard. So in that it pisses them off. I think if say Ziggler or Ambrose won the place would have loved it but Reigns has the Vince crush on him that won't go away and the fans know it and will voice their displeasure with it. 

The WWE Universe is partially to blame for all of this, for getting Reigns so over when he was in The Shield.

It was clear from the beginning that Reigns was the weak link.  However, Ambrose and Rollins were able to hide his weaknesses.  It was almost Heyman-esque.

WWE would have been better off holding off Bryan's return until post-Rumble.

I love Reigns, and I was actually fine with him going to Mania to face Brock. 

...Until they trotted Daniel Bryan out. Really the most quizzical thing about all of this was even bringing Daniel Bryan out before the Royal Rumble. They should have let him stay off until after so that they could blame him not being in the main event on his injury keeping him out of the Rumble. And even more quizzical is how they used him when in the Rumble itself. It's all so strange.

This is really true.  Of course they brought him back because they knew it would excite everyone for the Rumble.  But don't want to actually make anything out of it.  It's like they want to cash in on his value, but they don't really want to cash in on his value.

Their booking him like Lars von Trier books pretty girls.  I stopped watching Lar von Trier movies about pretty girls after DOGVILLE

• Like 2

In all honesty, I think a lot of people's opinions on Roman would be totally different if he had something like "Ring Of Honor" and "New Japan" in his resume.

Maybe because if he did we would more likely be seeing a good match at Wrestlemania?

Hey, there's agreeing to disagree, and then there's Gregg deliberately trolling other DVDVR users by indicating that they are being unreasonable and trying to convince them that what's on screen is really what they want to se--

Holy shit, Gregg is Vince McMahon. I know, I know, he doesn't type in ALL CAPS or tell us how much he enjoys a good can of tuna fish, but I think it's him anyway. 

The WWE Universe is partially to blame for all of this, for getting Reigns so over when he was in The Shield.

It was clear from the beginning that Reigns was the weak link.  However, Ambrose and Rollins were able to hide his weaknesses.  It was almost Heyman-esque.

Honestly Reigns did pretty well in the Shield and it wasn't just Ambrose and Rollins carrying him. He is a very good tag worker. He just needs to grow more as a singles wrestler. i think he is perfectly fine as he is, just not ready for the main event. He needs another year and Vince isn't willing to be patient.

What if Lesnar wins at mania and Rollins cashes in due to his former brother taking Lesnar to his limit, because surely there is no way reigns beats Lesnar one on one

You're going to be so sad once March 29th comes and goes.

Yeah, Brock came out looking awesome. Beat up four guys to begin and fought off what was essentially a handicap situation to retain his title. I was totally into rooting for him after the first three minutes when he destroyed everyone. 

• Like 1

Goddamn don't make have to blow my font up to tell you to

CHILL OUT ON THE FUCK GREGG STUFF.

Piranesi ended it ages ago. The good guys won.

I love Reigns, and I was actually fine with him going to Mania to face Brock. 

...Until they trotted Daniel Bryan out. Really the most quizzical thing about all of this was even bringing Daniel Bryan out before the Royal Rumble. They should have let him stay off until after so that they could blame him not being in the main event on his injury keeping him out of the Rumble. And even more quizzical is how they used him when in the Rumble itself. It's all so strange.

This is really true.  Of course they brought him back because they knew it would excite everyone for the Rumble.  But don't want to actually make anything out of it.  It's like they want to cash in on his value, but they don't really want to cash in on his value.

Their booking him like Lars von Trier books pretty girls.  I stopped watching Lar von Trier movies about pretty girls after DOGVILLE

But I love Lars Von Trier. I do not love this though.

And this whole "We would have been cool with Ziggler winning?"  Stop it.  More than half of you have pissed on the guy for being too much of a selling machine, but now you love him?  Sorry, I don't buy it.  I like Ziggler fine, but then again, I never had any major issues with him in the first place.

What if Lesnar wins at mania and Rollins cashes in due to his former brother taking Lesnar to his limit, because surely there is no way reigns beats Lesnar one on one

You're going to be so sad once March 29th comes and goes.

I'm clutching at straws....maybe ambrose shanks reigns!!!

Have I said one rude thing to anyone in this thread? Come on. This is ridiculous.

You strongly implied that people hold the opinion they do for an incredibly stupid reason, which made people mad.  It's past now, though.

The passion of Lesnar stretch in the middle of the triple threat was almost as great as the passion of Cena at Summerslam.