DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

The post-show was something else. They had Rock cut a promo and Roman said TONIGHT, FAMILY SAVED HIM. No, not "his brother" Dean Ambrose who he fought side by side with tonight. THE ROCK, who saved him when he theoretically already won the match. There was also this hilarious bit at the end.

510366384628942.jpg

20e701384628820.jpg

As far as Bryan losing early goes -- If you're pissed off he lost, than I don't know what to tell you. Sometimes the guys you love the most will lose. It's wrestling. Everyone loses. 

This is deliberately disingenuous or you are just at the point where you're never going to get it.

Bryan losing isn't simply "Bryan losing." At this point, the company has showed a pattern of contempt for its fanbase's desires. If you can't see the difference between a disappointed Memphis crowd being deflated in a productive way because Jerry Lawler lost to Bill Dundee and a disappointed WWE crowd being hostile because Bryan has been fairly clearly shunted to the back of the line because he doesn't fit Vince McMahon's idea of a top guy, you should just stop posting these painfully confused messages where you come off about as out-of-touch as Vince McMahon does. 

• Like 3

I did really love how Noble/Mercury both tried to power-up by taking off their jackets and unbuttoning their white Arrow shirts Gangrel style.

There were so many little things great in the title match. 

- Brock selling that first briefcase shot like it only kind of distracted him and pissed him off.

- Rollins trying to stay out of the ring but being too tempted to take a shot at Cena and then getting pulled in by Brock.

- The perfect way that Rollins lets himself get countered into an AA or an F5.  It really never looks like he's running up to the guy and stopping to get lifted.  He goes full tilt like he's trying to hit his move and is genuinely surprised to find himself hoisted in the air listening to Death's whisper.

• Like 1

Well...I mean, at this point, I feel confident that Rollins is going to cash in at Wrestlemania and leave with the belt, just because he is so clearly ready for that spot and Reigns so obviously isn't and even Vince has to realize that after tonight...But it sucks that I'll have to sit through a shitty 30 minute Brock/Roman match to get there.

As far as Bryan losing early goes -- If you're pissed off he lost, than I don't know what to tell you. Sometimes the guys you love the most will lose. It's wrestling. Everyone loses. 

This is deliberately disingenuous or you are just at the point where you're never going to get it.

Bryan losing isn't simply "Bryan losing." At this point, the company has showed a pattern of contempt for its fanbase's desires. If you can't see the difference between a disappointed Memphis crowd being deflated in a productive way because Jerry Lawler lost to Bill Dundee and a disappointed WWE crowd being hostile because Bryan has been fairly clearly shunted to the back of the line because he doesn't fit Vince McMahon's idea of a top guy, you should just stop posting these painfully confused messages where you come off about as out-of-touch as Vince McMahon does. 

We're talking about the same Daniel Bryan who ended WM holding the title?

In all honesty, I think a lot of people's opinions on Roman would be totally different if he had something like "Ring Of Honor" and "New Japan" in his resume.

I will gladly take a warning for this.

Shut the hell up.

That has nothing to do with it. Literally, nothing.

And yes, we're talking about the same Daniel Bryan that got into the main event last year by a sheer stroke of luck. That wasn't the plan. He was supposed to be in a nothing match with Sheamus. He admitted that like, a week ago. It was only after CM Punk left, and a spot in Triple H's match was vacant that he got into that storyline. If Punk hadn't of left, he would have been closing out 'Mania last year, and Bryan would have been (still) opening the show.

• Like 6

I think there would have been a bunch of scenarios where Bryan didn't win that would've satisfied the fan base. People just aren't that into Reigns.

I will say that after everything that's occurred over the last year, including Bryan saving Mania 30 and leading it to a respectable buyrate, there's still a disconnect between the fans and the brass over Bryan.

Instead of building up Bryan's return for a major ppv, he's wrestling Kane on Smackdown and pinned by Bray on Raw. Instead of giving Bryan a memorable rumble he's disposed of in the most anticlimactic way possible.

Like it or not, this is your number one baby face.

In all honesty, I think a lot of people's opinions on Roman would be totally different if he had something like "Ring Of Honor" and "New Japan" in his resume.

I remember when indy darling Dolph Ziggler had a great run in NOAH in 08 it was great.

• Like 5

We're talking about the same Daniel Bryan who ended WM holding the title?

Yeah, we are, but only because Vince 1) changed direction and 2) HHH and Stephanie were behind Bryan as a top guy. 

It's clear that Vince decided to go on ahead with the Reigns plan and not to be deterred this year considering that he went out of his way to make Bryan a non-factor and got the Rock in to try and help Reigns get a pop. It didn't work because Vince doesn't have it creatively anymore.

Or you can keep pretending that Vince planned last year all along even though we now have confirmation that it didn't go down that way if you want to keep up the disingenuous arguments here. 

Nope. Folks opinions would be totally different if Roman could work. Or talk. Or connected with the crowd. Or was interesting....

Roman wouldn't have ROH of New Japan on his resume because he's not good enough now let alone before he got to WWE. He is not ready for the push he is getting it's not his fault but most of the fans don't want him in the role he has because he's not goodenough at it. He needs more time to learn, my suggestion the Authority sends a new hired gun after him until Mania, that man is named Finlay and he loves to fight. Because honestly working finlay every day for two months is about the only way REigns will be ready for mania

I'm sure 99.9% of the crowds would respond by asking you what either of those things are.

The highlight of the Rumble match itself were a couple of those women that came out with Adam Rose. I don't know who the redhead nurse was, she looked familiar, but a few of those ladies were prettier than a lot of current divas. I imagine they're Indy workers or something.

Triple Threat was great.

Clearly only Internet bubble puroresu nerds and Philly fans lack the ability to enjoy a formulaic, heatless Road To Wrestlemania angle that only has an interesting backstory if you're willing to compose your own fan fiction appendix story arc about Roman Reigns avenging a family loss.  Which, incidentally, has never been mentioned once by the actual promotion in the build up to ROMAN'S RISE!

• Like 2

I love Reigns, and I was actually fine with him going to Mania to face Brock. 

...Until they trotted Daniel Bryan out. Really the most quizzical thing about all of this was even bringing Daniel Bryan out before the Royal Rumble. They should have let him stay off until after so that they could blame him not being in the main event on his injury keeping him out of the Rumble. And even more quizzical is how they used him when in the Rumble itself. It's all so strange.

And what the fuck did Reigns even do in the Rumble match to make it exciting. All I remember him doing was pulling someone off Ryback, turning back to Ryback and saying "I got you man."

I mean it's a goddamn Royal Rumble, homie - fuck Ryback. You think he's going to look out for you? Hell no, he's looking out for Da Big Guy.

• Like 4