DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

So some prototype images have gotten out for the ROH figures.  They look pretty darn good, though something appears to be off with Mark Briscoe (that's why they're called prototypes)  I'm seeing myself getting these.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-figures-series-one-reveal

ROHFIGURES1.JPG

So Joe's going back to ROH for the next TV taping to team with AJ against Bad Attitude The Addiction, as TNA slowly withers and dies.  Is that irony?  I'm never sure.

As for the figures, Mark looks great, it's Jay that doesn't particularly look like Jay.

In the spoiler image, izzat first one that dude Kevin Steen, who apparently went missing several months ago?

Kevin Steen isn't missing. Everybody knows where he is.

el_generico_and_kevin_steen_by_loganthir

El Generico's orphange in Mexico.

• Like 8

Yep, Steen's considered a "legends" type figure.

In other words, "these took so long to get going that they guy was was on the roster when we started isn't anymore, so we'll call it a 'Throwback' figure even though we're only throwing back to like a year ago."

There are great ideas for Throwback figures they could make.  Guys who are in WWE now but who looked different back in the day, like Cesaro, Bryan, Rollins.  A CM Punk figure with bleach blonde hair and basketball shorts would be cool.  Steen looking pretty much the same as he does today?  Nah.

If they beat WWE to the market with a Steen/Owens figure it will probably be a pretty hot seller.  Think about how many 30-40 year old guys are in their parent's basements, right now, pretending that their old Bubba Ray Dudley doll is Kevin Owens, and having him Pop Up Powerbomb one of their 46 John Cena dolls into oblivion.  Now they won't have to pretend anymore!!!!!!

If they beat WWE to the market with a Steen/Owens figure it will probably be a pretty hot seller. Think about how many 30-40 year old guys are in their parent's basements, right now, pretending that their old Bubba Ray Dudley doll is Kevin Owens, and having him Pop Up Powerbomb one of their 46 John Cena dolls into oblivion. Now they won't have to pretend anymore!!!!!!

Wait so I'm not the only adult who still plays with his action figures? Thank god, I was starting to feel weird about Doink, Kamala and Papa Shango's "reign of terror" over HWA (Hasbro Wrestling Association).

• Like 3

Destination America is becoming quite the home for the pro graps.   I am guessing it is located somewhere in the hinterland of my FiOS channel package nestled somewhere in between OWN and Al-Jazeera.

Give them credit: you couldn't have two more appropriate guys to promote wrestling on DA than the Briscoes.

Okay - you and I are sharing our brain

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  33s33 seconds ago

Boy if there were every two people perfect for the Destination America demo - the Briscoes are those people
  • Like 1

Give them credit: you couldn't have two more appropriate guys to promote wrestling on DA than the Briscoes.

I will be waiting for their cameos on that Bigfoot reality show on DA

• Like 1

I will be waiting for their cameos on that Bigfoot reality show on DA

"cameos"

Can't wait to see what the ratings for each show look like. It's like bringing the new puppy home while your old dog is still alive.

So will the shows on Destination America be the same as the syndicated show on Sinclair or are they going to try to create another hour of programming?  It shouldn't be too hard for them for 2 hours a week.

Anybody that thinks that TNA is the #2 promotion now must be a moderator for that Mecca site.

Destination America is becoming quite the home for the pro graps.   I am guessing it is located somewhere in the hinterland of my FiOS channel package nestled somewhere in between OWN and Al-Jazeera.

Not that I watch BBQ Pitmasters or anything.

• Like 3

From Scarlett Bourdeaux to Dixie Carter, that's quite the dropoff in the hotness level of the hoopla hotties.

So ROH on DA is legit? That's not just someone's photoshop?