DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

I loved that the end of the Jacobs vs Whitmer match at Supercard of Honor featured Lacey saving Jimmy, an embrace, and then leaving out to the Jimmy Loves Lacey song.  I am not sure if the California crowd got the history behind it but this would have over huge in NY or Chicago shows.

Can't believe it's been 9 years since Jimmy Jacobs was involved in one of the greatest angles in ROH history:

Man I was a huge fan back then. I didn't stick around that much after AotF and after a couple of the PPV's.

Allegedly, they played the song as Jimmy's farewell last week.

CBKCmN5UkAARYyX.jpgCBJ9KCIUwAA7cHP.jpgCBKqkPDXIAAgxfD.jpg

Some pictures from from Jacobs farewell I pulled off ROHWorld. Much like Drake Younger, I'm really happy for Jacobs now having a job in wrestling that doesn't require him to kill his body for our enjoyment. I loved the progression of Jimmy Loves Lacey, Lacey Loves Jimmy, and the Age of the Fall. I would love to see some of Jacobs work make it to WWE TV. Hopefully, he'll get to write some stuff for Rollins. 

• Like 1

Spoiler(s) from tonight's taping in San Antonio:

Daniels & Kazarian beat Re-Dragon to win the tag belts, which makes me very happy and I really hope they do the "world tag team champions of the world" deal again.  Also the KRD turn out to be Daniels, Kazarian, and Chris Sabin.

Glad they did the KRD reveal.  Those videos they were running were so low rent, I couldn't take them seriously.  Dear ROH: next time you do an angle like that, please try to make the videos look like something other than a commercial that wold air on the local UHF station circa 3 AM Sunday morning, 1982.

Glad they did the KRD reveal. Those videos they were running were so low rent, I couldn't take them seriously. Dear ROH: next time you do an angle like that, please try to make the videos look like something other than a commercial that wold air on the local UHF station circa 3 AM Sunday morning, 1982.

That would require ROH not being owned by Sinclair.

• Like 1

I know I've heard him tell a story about a try-out as a writer he did. Which went kind of like this...

"This part you just wrote 'Punk cuts a promo'. But you didn't actually write what he's going to say!"

"Punk knows how to cut his own promos. I don't need to write them for him."

"But how will he know what to say?????"

• Like 3

I know I've heard him tell a story about a try-out as a writer he did. Which went kind of like this...

"This part you just wrote 'Punk cuts a promo'. But you didn't actually write what he's going to say!"

"Punk knows how to cut his own promos. I don't need to write them for him."

"But how will he know what to say?????"

Never heard that story. I remember hearing a story that they found his blade scars hideous and just didnt want someone with a forehead like that being a talking head.