DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The Governor of Conneticut just announced a travel ban for the entire state start at 9 PM EST

Good thing RAW isn't in Hartford tonight.

Oh wait...

What's the contingency plan if they can't get to the arena? Clip show? Just wrestle at whatever Waffle House they're snowed in at?

Pearce has freelanced for NXT a number of times. Usually leading up to and including the Takeover shows, since besides Dusty and Ryan Katz, he's one of the few folks who have wrestling and production experience.

According to The Wrestling Observer, as of this weekend, the feeling within WWE is The Undertaker will be wrestling at WrestleMania 31. In the coming weeks, it’s expected ‘Taker’s ‘Mania status will be officially announced, but it’s likely WWE officials already know of his status.

Undertaker’s opponent is likely to be Bray Wyatt, which is one of the main reasons Wyatt had such a strong showing in the Royal Rumble match.

Mr. Money In The Bank Seth Rollins is expected to wrestle Randy Orton, which leaves Daniel Bryan “out in the cold.” Wrestling Observer Radio host Bryan Alvarez thinks WWE will be going to the Bryan vs. Sheamus match that was originally scheduled to last year, before those plans got hijacked by the WWE Universe.

Of course, with the unprecedented fan backlash coming out of the Royal Rumble, this card is subject to change. But as of Monday morning, the tentative WrestleMania card will feature:

• Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
  • Sting vs. Triple H
  • John Cena vs. Rusev
  • Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
  • Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

Wow that looks like fine card for SummerSlam or one of the B PPV's maybe but that ain't a Mania card. Sucks that they're just gonna feed Rusev to Cena, guy is really coming into his own and him vs Reigns would have been a big match for both guys but instead Rusev gets put in a match that we know he isn't going to win cause Cena. None of those matches is very intriguing to me. I'm sure I will see Mania eventually but when I don't know, if that's what the card is I doubt I'll put much effort into watching live or anything.

At this point, they might as well make the HHH vs. Sting match a multiman and run something like Sting/Bryan/Ziggler vs. HHH/Kane/Big Show for control of the company. It's not like the singles match is going to actually be any good, and at least that way they can pretend that Bryan and Ziggler are part of something important for WM.

• Like 1

Is this like some Brewster's Millions thing where Vince has to burn his company to the ground by the end of the Fiscal Year in order to inherit Warren Buffet's billions thing?

Apparently my Wrestlemania is going to be February 11th.

I am so excited for the next NXT major event, though making Zayn/Owens non-title really telegraphs what the ending to that match will be.