DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

I assume it's a remaster, like they did with TLOU.

I started playing the first Uncharted, but lost my save when my PS3 yellow lighted and never went back to it.

I got the Uncharted 3 bundle when I had to buy yet another PS3 after the replacement was stolen, but I couldn't get into it because I felt like I had missed too much in the story.

So this is perfect for me.

I assume it's a remaster, like they did with TLOU.

I started playing the first Uncharted, but lost my save when my PS3 yellow lighted and never went back to it.

I got the Uncharted 3 bundle when I had to buy yet another PS3 after the replacement was stolen, but I couldn't get into it because I felt like I had missed too much in the story.

So this is perfect for me.

Me too. I played like 5 hours of Uncharted 1 and that's it. It hasn't aged well, so I'm hoping this takes care of that.

Uncharted 1 would probably hold up great if the two games that followed it hadn't been so stellar.  It's easy to forget how well received the first game was.  It was the first game I can recall that really pushed the PS3. I have all 3 games, but I'm definitely curious about the remasters, especially if it's a fair price.  I mean, I bought the Kingdom Hearts remasters, so why not?

I think most people want it to be a handheld/home console hybrid. You can play it on the go, or you can plug it into your TV at home and play it that way. I don't know if that's possible exactly, but that's what the people want!

The people are thirteen years old. True console gaming requires a comfy couch, snacks, and a murderous mindset.

And being interrupted by phone calls while playing.

• Like 1

Tomorrow is the 2-year anniversary of Marvel Heroes 2015. Log on for free shit!!!

Plus, playable Dr. Doom comes out, the Thing rework/review, and phase 1 of Team-Ups 2.0 (which for now basically gives them a bunch of new powers, once phase 2 and maybe 3 hit, they're supposed to be much more useful and survive more).

Super disappointed at the Ant-Man news (players had been presuming that the character would launch like Nova did, with one Pym skin and one Lang. Instead they'll both be Lang, with Pym coming as an enhanced (expensive) skin "later".) Doom looks like fun, but he is not in my budget at this time with money or Splinters.
Are you sure Pym is gonna be an enhanced costume? I was under the impression he'll be a separate character (incorporating his Giant Man and Yellowjacket powers also).

Brevik was on Geek and Sundry last night, and when asked about Ant-Man he said it'd be Lang, with a Pym enhanced costume "sometime later."

Tangentially, still no ant man in mpq. But today we get ... carnage? Is it 1994?

I think most people want it to be a handheld/home console hybrid. You can play it on the go, or you can plug it into your TV at home and play it that way. I don't know if that's possible exactly, but that's what the people want!

The people are thirteen years old. True console gaming requires a comfy couch, snacks, and a murderous mindset.

Don't forget the Jehovah's Witnesses at the door...

Tomorrow is the 2-year anniversary of Marvel Heroes 2015. Log on for free shit!!!

Plus, playable Dr. Doom comes out, the Thing rework/review, and phase 1 of Team-Ups 2.0 (which for now basically gives them a bunch of new powers, once phase 2 and maybe 3 hit, they're supposed to be much more useful and survive more).

Super disappointed at the Ant-Man news (players had been presuming that the character would launch like Nova did, with one Pym skin and one Lang. Instead they'll both be Lang, with Pym coming as an enhanced (expensive) skin "later".) Doom looks like fun, but he is not in my budget at this time with money or Splinters.
Are you sure Pym is gonna be an enhanced costume? I was under the impression he'll be a separate character (incorporating his Giant Man and Yellowjacket powers also).
Brevik was on Geek and Sundry last night, and when asked about Ant-Man he said it'd be Lang, with a Pym enhanced costume "sometime later."

Tangentially, still no ant man in mpq. But today we get ... carnage? Is it 1994?

I can't handle MPQ. I want badly to like it. I adore Marvel (obviously) and I put probably 40 hours each into the first two Puzzle Quests. But it's just *so* focused on getting you to drop money, and meanwhile I can play Doctor Who Legacy without feeling pressured to spend a dime beyond the $5 I spent ages ago (I'm working on leveling up Charley right now, because of course I am.)

Its almost summertime, when JT might answer the door only in a pair of shorts.

*bow chikka wow wow*

Its almost summertime, when JT might answer the door only in a pair of shorts.

*bow chikka wow wow*

....I am not seeing a problem here. Er, wait, back on topic. ;-)

Jaws of Hakkon is a gorgeous addition to Dragon Age: Inquisition. It is also MUCH harder than the main game, as promised by the devs. I mean, they put out shiny loot piles in a remote location, then as soon as you touch them, 4 level 30 Despair Demons spawn.

Tired/old gamer rant:

Decided today to do some gaming by finishing up my backlog. Is it me or is Shadow of Mordor really overhyped?

I simply cannot get into that game. I like Tolkien and everything related, but this game is just trash. It's even worse when you see it getting a lot of praise. Is it because it's Tolkien and moderately decent, which equals it being amazing or something?

I got to the second part of Mordor, but I simply gave up. I'm simply not the gamer that I used to be.

Tired/old gamer rant:

Decided today to do some gaming by finishing up my backlog. Is it me or is Shadow of Mordor really overhyped?

I simply cannot get into that game. I like Tolkien and everything related, but this game is just trash. It's even worse when you see it getting a lot of praise. Is it because it's Tolkien and moderately decent, which equals it being amazing or something?

I got to the second part of Mordor, but I simply gave up. I'm simply not the gamer that I used to be.

I have to say, I agree with you.  I'm about as big of a gamer as they get, but this game just felt like it was a bunch of things I like in games put together in a way that made me hate them all.  The combat was fun and intuitive, but fighting 10 trillion orcs just to get to the next mission got annoying really fast.  Games like Assassins Creed and the Batman games used the same mechanics, but broke them up enough to keep it interesting.  This game just kept going unitl I wanted to do something else.   It was essentially feeding me ice cream until I threw up.

I keep yelling "I am the Lord and Master of the Sword" when I kill a tough monster on Witcher 3.  Goddamn Swamp Thing Foglet took 4 tries and had my hand shaking like the first time I almost beat Maneater on Demon's Souls. Demon's Souls didn't have a fucking Vader song though.  Then the bastard wanted to lay a sob story on me when he came up light on the payment.  No, gimme that paper.

• Like 3

So for an early Father's Day present - my wife bought me a XBone.

I thought it was broken for good 5 minutes before I realized I had the HDMI cable plugged into the wrong plug.

It's the Master Cheif bundle so time for me to play all the non-Halo 1 games.

• Like 8

Somebody who plays PC games, help me out. I don't usually, but I'm looking at the Steam Link to play them on my TV. There's only a handful of games I'm interested in on PC, but one of them is Overwatch. Here's my question: do Blizzard games usually run through Steam? Or do they use their own thing?

Somebody who plays PC games, help me out. I don't usually, but I'm looking at the Steam Link to play them on my TV. There's only a handful of games I'm interested in on PC, but one of them is Overwatch. Here's my question: do Blizzard games usually run through Steam? Or do they use their own thing?

Blizzard don't have any games on Steam that I know of.