DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Quick question that I am having trouble finding an answer to: do the game of the year/ultimate editions of Fallout 3 and New Vegas for PS3 come with the dlc on a second disc? I just got my first PS3 and want to know if they are safe to buy used.

I know the 360 versions of Skyrim Legendary Edition and Fallout 3 came with the DLC on a second disc, so I would assume that would be the case with PS3.

Um, this is every kid's dream game if you were to poll li'l ones in 1993:

Dino-Riders: The Video Game with a little Jurassic Park thrown in there. The trailer looks incredible. The videos of gameplay on youtube look much less impressive but it's an early access game, so not surprising that it's nearly unplayable.

STILL THOUGH, RIDING PTERODACTYLS AND STUFF.

Yeah, hopefully. I foolishly purchased it. Won't be able to play it until tomorrow. I did this after reading several EA reviews warning readers to wait. I hate money, I guess.

ZELDA LINK BETWEEN WORLDS

my biggest problem with the game was how easy it was. i know it's a pseudo-sequel to the SNES game, but everything is ripped straight from that game and then watered down. seriously, i beat it without dying. that also made the whole "rent an item until you die" kinda pointless as i had most items from the outset.

loved everything else, tho. once you get the ability to merge with the walls or whatever, it is so cool. you try it everywhere just to see what might happen.

I think I'm repeating myself here from when this topic came up before, but 'I beat it without dying' could be applied to any of the post-NES releases. It's not a series that tries to defeat the player and the satisfaction isn't meant to come from overcoming threats, though that direction in itself is something you may dislike. Off the top of my head I can't think of any Zelda games that would be improved by higher failure frequency, but I haven't played Link Between Worlds and am guessing the revert back to action-Zelda would make it more of an issue.

One day I'm going to give the Wind Waker HD hero quest a shot and I have no idea whether the changes will improve or completely wreck the game.

Hey Rippa, how are you liking your Xbone? 

I haven't used it that much - at least for gaming.

Halo 2 is... not a good game.

Though I did enjoy earning achievements for watching Money in the Bank last night.

I haven't replayed Halo 2 yet, but the original Halo didn't hold up well at all.  It was revolutionary when it came out, but that game was tedious as shit.  I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 2 aged poorly as well.

The only reason I didn't use the phrase "hasn't aged well" was because I hadn't played the original version of 2

It is weird though - since it is easy to see the parts that are all "Yeah - clearly the game didn't look like this when it first came out"

It also doesn't seem like it is a very long campaign (which is all I care about)

Length of the campaign is all you care about? Well, you can extend it by playing Legendary....

Length could very well be the problem with the original Halo, every mission takes all damn day.  It doesn't help that everything looks almost exactly the same, so you find yourself confused on where to go.  I can't remember how many times I thought I got turned around in a fight, because the door I was supposed to go through looked exactly like the door I just came out of.  Then after a while you have to run through the same exact levels all over again, but this time do it backwards so it gets even more likely for you to forget where you came from and where you are going.

The Halo 2 campaign was the weakest of the 6 Halo FPS games. The first part was pretty flat, the stuff with the Hivemind was weird and deserved a little more explanation, the Flood segment at the end was infuriating, the end boss was a dumb dumb dumb fight, and the game just abruptly ends. 

I always argued that if you could have legitimately run Halo 1 on Xbox Live with Multiplayer that noone would have put much time into Halo 2. Halo 1's MP had its faults (bad spawn points), but I have always preferred the Multiplayer in it than in Halo 2. Plus, I still think the sword is the dumbest weapon.

I always argued that if you could have legitimately run Halo 1 on Xbox Live with Multiplayer that noone would have put much time into Halo 2. Halo 1's MP had its faults (bad spawn points), but I have always preferred the Multiplayer in it than in Halo 2. Plus, I still think the sword is the dumbest weapon.

Nope.

Anyone else playing Agar.io ? It's pretty straightforward. Eat the dots. Eat any blobs smaller than you. Run away from blobs bigger than you. And yet, it's damn addictive.

Started up Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, got through the introduction and the saddest line in KH history.

Also, with the announcement of an expansion for Pillars of the Earth, I really should give that one more try. I can't seem to pick a class I like.