DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

I've actually been going through KH 1.5.  I used to play it yearly on the PS2, but it's been about 5-6 years.  I had never played Final Mix before this, and I have to say I actually prefer the original OG Kingdom Hearts.  I don't like any of the added enemies, and worst of all, the Oblivion Keyblade gets nerfed BADLY and is literally useless.  Before, it was a great prize for beating Riku(the hardest boss in the game), and was the second best weapon in the game.  The only advantage it has, is that it actually gives you something for beating Sephiroth.

Been playing Fallout 3 the last few days, and I'm really digging it. It feels more unique with its particular world and gameplay style. I also appreciate anything that provides me with Liam Neeson, Malcolm McDowell, & Ron Perlman.

I was looking through the PSN store for Megaman Legends (wasn't available) but I discovered that Fire Pro Returns is available as a download. I know I'm late, but I've been playing the hell out of it. Kinda wish I could figure out a way to convert my old PS2 file to the new format, but there's a few packs out there that just need to be edited down.

Not available in your area. Bollocks. Something called Five Star Wrestling is, but apparently that's just a shit copy of WWE's games.

I was looking through the PSN store for Megaman Legends (wasn't available) but I discovered that Fire Pro Returns is available as a download. I know I'm late, but I've been playing the hell out of it. Kinda wish I could figure out a way to convert my old PS2 file to the new format, but there's a few packs out there that just need to be edited down.

Sadly, Capcom have said that there's a legal hangup with either the music or voice over that keeps MML from being reissued. Misadventures of Tron Bonne is all we are likely to get on PSN ever.

I think if you buy the Master Cheif Collection bundle X-Box, you still get that free, PLUS an additional game of your choice.

It definitely reads that way - though they do through it the "check with local retailer" bit, so a specific store could still bone you

Oh well. I bought my XBone off craigslist for $300 (plus a nice headset for another 40), but I got the WHITE version. (And even though he wiped it, I could still download sunset overdrive and killer instinct)

I got XCOM. In one mission I lost the entire team, consisting of 4 majors and 2 Captains due to me splitting up my forces, ruining my entire save since I was in Ironman. 10/10.

You played Ironman in your first playthrough? Let it never be said you lack balls!

LINK BETWEEN WORLDS HERO MODE:  Okay. This is way more of what I'm looking for. A lot more. Totally more. Basically you start the game, and you die in two hits. Now those are some damn stakes. It also puts a new value on tracking down hearts, which the game has also made much more scarce. Having a WAY better time now.

QUBE: Pretty creepy! It's basically a 1st person puzzle game about tests but maybe it's about something else, so like it's not treading any new ground at all, but it's pretty creepy in ways that make me want to keep playing. Exploring Eerie Places is my get-down.

ENDLESS LEGEND: a game so complicated I felt my brain giving way during the tutorial. If you're looking for civ but like a little different, you should probably find another game, because JESUS FUCKING CHRIST there's a lot to take in here. Everything works significantly differently aside from movement, and also the Tutorial is fucking terrible. It's somehow both information flood and drought. Like, they never covered what win conditions were, for an example. I'm gonna keep bashing my head against it because there's something here, but holy crap this is not what I thought this game was gonna be.

I got XCOM. In one mission I lost the entire team, consisting of 4 majors and 2 Captains due to me splitting up my forces, ruining my entire save since I was in Ironman. 10/10.

You played Ironman in your first playthrough? Let it never be said you lack balls!

Got to the point that the only thing that could take me out was a combined attack from Chrysalids, Cyberdisks, and Zombies. Fucking Terror mission. Watching my team turn into zombies and kill each other did about as much for moral as it does in all zombie movies ever.

Got to the point that the only thing that could take me out was a combined attack from Chrysalids, Cyberdisks, and Zombies. Fucking Terror mission. Watching my team turn into zombies and kill each other did about as much for moral as it does in all zombie movies ever.

Did you have laser weapons yet? You need them!

I did. It was simply me misplaying the situation. I typically go to either a "2 teams of 3" setup, which is iffy to begin with, but this time spread my team out into a "wave". It was a terrible plan, and when one of my Snipers fell to a Disc in the very center, my forces were cut off right down the gut. Awful planning. Will do better next time.

• Like 1