DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

I've played three games in the last three months that were a 10 for me. You'd think I'd be pleased to have spent my time so well but after previously averaging about one 10 per year of my gaming life my current response is 'oh great now I'm Edge'. Gotta hipster harder.

Saints Row 4. 

Final mission.

Final pairing in Zinyak's warship. The doors to the armory open after a long and intense battle with the crappy, crappy alien rifle.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the game freezes because I blew up a murderbot as the dialogue was going and the doors were opening.

I think most people want it to be a handheld/home console hybrid. You can play it on the go, or you can plug it into your TV at home and play it that way. I don't know if that's possible exactly, but that's what the people want!

Considering Nintendo teamed up with DeNA, could the NX be a Nintendo phone/tablet?

Considering the way the Japan market is going, a Nintendo phone/tablet is certinally in the realm of possiblity.

That glitch GIF just makes me miss NHL 2K.

Nintendo doing a phone/tablet makes sense and would be the weird case where they actually do modernize their hardware in some key way, but I would actually hate it even more than if they just kept doing underwhelming consoles with crappy hardware. 

Saw this on Reddit and laughed forever. Made me think maybe we should have a topic for best glitches.

That one was great, but I'm not sure anything will ever top the "Ascension of the Jackdaw" from Assasin's Creed Black Flag:

• Like 2

Nintendo doing a phone/tablet makes sense and would be the weird case where they actually do modernize their hardware in some key way, but I would actually hate it even more than if they just kept doing underwhelming consoles with crappy hardware. 

I could see them doing it considering the steps they've already taken with the WiiU Tablet.  Taking things to the extreme it would be crazy if Nintendo became a Steam-like service for Android products.

Iwata said reassuring people that the next Nintendo device wasn't going to be a phone was literally the only reason they decided to reveal the codename for their next system to the public. 'Nintendo planning to release unspecified game system at unspecified point in future' would be a redundant piece of non-news were it not for the fact it was revealed alongside the DeNA relationship. The message was 'We've been making consoles for thirty years and this new relationship doesn't mean we've stopped.'

I think most people want it to be a handheld/home console hybrid. You can play it on the go, or you can plug it into your TV at home and play it that way. I don't know if that's possible exactly, but that's what the people want!

The people are thirteen years old.  True console gaming requires a comfy couch, snacks, and a murderous mindset.

• Like 7

The people are thirteen years old.  True console gaming requires a comfy couch, snacks, and a murderous mindset.

Maybe, but it would be helpful if Nintendo's game development studios weren't split between handheld and console development. Only one thing to develop for.

I'm not sure what to think of handheld consoles as a concept at this point. If you look at the phone/tablet game market, they are really more like classic arcade games than console gaming (15 minutes show me everything you've got, get in and out), combined with a lot of junk timegated games that are doing astoundingly well but really aren't, you know, good. Is there still really a market for a dedicated gaming console that is handheld and does more than that? I'm honestly not really sure.

Tomorrow is the 2-year anniversary of Marvel Heroes 2015. Log on for free shit!!!

Plus, playable Dr. Doom comes out, the Thing rework/review, and phase 1 of Team-Ups 2.0 (which for now basically gives them a bunch of new powers, once phase 2 and maybe 3 hit, they're supposed to be much more useful and survive more).

Tomorrow is the 2-year anniversary of Marvel Heroes 2015. Log on for free shit!!!

Plus, playable Dr. Doom comes out, the Thing rework/review, and phase 1 of Team-Ups 2.0 (which for now basically gives them a bunch of new powers, once phase 2 and maybe 3 hit, they're supposed to be much more useful and survive more).

Super disappointed at the Ant-Man news (players had been presuming that the character would launch like Nova did, with one Pym skin and one Lang. Instead they'll both be Lang, with Pym coming as an enhanced (expensive) skin "later".) Doom looks like fun, but he is not in my budget at this time with money or Splinters.

Super disappointed at the Ant-Man news (players had been presuming that the character would launch like Nova did, with one Pym skin and one Lang. Instead they'll both be Lang, with Pym coming as an enhanced (expensive) skin "later".) Doom looks like fun, but he is not in my budget at this time with money or Splinters.

Are you sure Pym is gonna be an enhanced costume? I was under the impression he'll be a separate character (incorporating his Giant Man and Yellowjacket powers also).

Are you sure Pym is gonna be an enhanced costume? I was under the impression he'll be a separate character (incorporating his Giant Man and Yellowjacket powers also).

Brevik was on Geek and Sundry last night, and when asked about Ant-Man he said it'd be Lang, with a Pym enhanced costume "sometime later."

• Like 1