DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I think greenbat has intro'd a new way to describe "having 'it'" (even if it was a typo): cred ass

*I'm disappointed we're collectively not anticipating Rollins' "making the dollars." Some community, we are.

• Like 1

Once I'm named head booker, here's my Wrestlemania card

-The Wyatt Family (Bray, Harper, Rowan, Bull Dempsey) vs. The Rhodes Family (Cody, Dustin, Dusty, Terry Funk brought in as secret wearpon):  At WM, you have a wild brawl, plundah everywhere and you re-do the War Games ending with Cody locking Bray Wyatt in a figure four while Dusty drops repeated elbow drops on Bray until he's out and the Rhodes Family celebrates.

-Mizdow vs. The New Day: Once we figure out whatever New Day's gimmick is (Heels who use the bible to justify their bad behaviour seems like a pretty good schtick), they roll through some good teams and get the title shot.  Mizdow wins with Sandow getting the pin.

-Rey Mysterio vs. Cesaro: A nice 10 minute-ish match with Cesaro ultimately winning.  (This starts the Summer of Cesaro where Cesaro captures the IC/US titles and says that since he is the champion of the US and the continents than that makes him the real world's champion and leads to him stealing the world title belt and carrying it around, maybe even showing up on various shows with the title hostage (ROH, New Japan, Swiss Championship Wrestling) until WWE finally gives him his WC title match at Summerslam

-The 2nd Andre the Giant Battle Royal is won by Ryback, last eliminating the Big Show and Mark Henry simultaneously.

-Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar - Casket Match: is won by the Undertaker to avenge his previous WM defeat.

-Divas clustermess - Bellas/Emma/Fox/Summer vs. AJ/Funkadactyls/Tamina/Bayley: Bayley gets her first pinfall win after weeks of being too nice.

-MITB match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns vs. Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn vs. Sheamus (heel): Rollins wins, sets up a future show where he cashes in the first MITB, fails, then cashes in the second and wins.

-Divas Title: Charlotte defeats Nattie to win the title after failed interference from Tyson Kidd's cats.

-WC match: John Cena vs. Rusev: Rusev wins the World Title after Randy Orton turns on his country and becomes Russian Randy Orton.

• Like 1

If WWE ignores guys like Steen and Generico then the internet says "WWE sucks, they don't get it! this is what fans like!"

If WWE signs guys like Steen and Generico it's "WWE sucks, FREE STEEN, THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE HIM!"

If WWE signs guys like Steen and Generico and then they get over on the main roster it's "WWE sucks, Generico should be champion!"

If WWE signs guys like Steen and Generico and one of them goes on to win the WWE title it's "WWE sucks, HE SHOULD HAVE HELD IT LONGER. BURIAL!"

• Like 10

If Rusev wrestles Cena at Wrestlemania (and I think they will), there's absolutely NO way (IMO) Rusev beats Cena. He''s SuperCena, after all, Captain Armed Forces. The U.S.A. always wins in the end.

Man, I dunno about the undercard, but ...

Lesnar vs. Reigns - Reigns wins, gets cashed in on by Rollins

Rollins vs. Ambrose in some kinda stip match to blow off their feud (Ambrose wins 'cause Rollins gets the belt at the end of the night)

HHH vs. Sting - best use of both of them right now. I'd SO book Sting vs. Wyatt later with Wyatt winning.

Rusev vs. Cena

Mis vs. Misdow

Speaking of which...

Someone pitch me a Mania card that doesn't outright suck. You could probably squeeze 2 or 3 good matches at most.

My picks, whether it's good or bad (trying to not use non-wrestlers or injuries):

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns, WWE WHC. Reigns wins. Rollins cashes in immediately afterwards- and loses to Reigns in his cash-in. Reigns stands aloft both beating the unbeatable and still having enough left to dispatch the MITB winner.

John Cena vs. Rusev

Triple H vs. Sting- Career vs. Career

Randy Orton vs. Dean Ambrose

The Ascension and Bray Wyatt vs. Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan, and Ryback

Nikki Bella vs. Brie Bella in a lumberjills match for the Divas' Title

The Miz vs. Damien Mizdow

Adam Rose vs. Whoever The Bunny Is Unmasked As

Tag Team Match: Miz and Mizdow vs. Goldust and Stardust vs. The Usos vs, Big E and Kofi Kingston

Seth Rollins wins the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, also featuring:

Sin Cara, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Bad News Barrett, Big Show,

Cesaro, Chris Jericho, Christian, Curtis Axel, Diego,

Fandango, Fernando, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel,

Kane, Mark Henry, R-Truth, Rey Mysterio, Sheamus,

Titus O'Neil, Tyson Kidd, Xavier Woods, Zack Ryder, Kalisto

Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, Tyler Breeze

Rusev beating Cena to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania would be a "WrestleMania moment." I imagine that the crowd's reaction would probably help make that moment too.

I'd like to see Rusev get a Yokozuna style run with the championship. Have him run through the roster until some new babyface stands up to and dethrones him. I would nominate Dean Ambrose for that. Ambrose represents the America of 2015 better than Cena ever could.

• Like 1

I think the biggest match you could possibly have at Wrestlemania today would be Daniel Bryan vs. a heel John Cena.

I know, I know, it will never happen, but they kind of already laid the groundwork for a Cena heelturn with him being the only one who can bring back the Authority.

• Like 1

Thinking about it just now, I think the problem is Wrestlemania is during the first third of the year. In traditional wrestling, you always built up your long feuds for the end of the year. I'd much rather see Rusev beat Cena now and "injure" him so he's out for a while and then Cena can come back and do his superman act.

Rusev just being fed to Cena much like Bray was last year at Wrestlemania will do nothing for him. Rusev as the new Nikita Koloff is too good ti ruin like that.

The build to Wrestlemania.

Cena challenges Rusev to a game of chess....Cena Wins.

Cena challenges Rusev to a vodka drinking contest....Cena Wins,

Cena challenges Rusev to a Sambo match....Cena Wins,

Cena challenges Rusev to a Durak.....Cena Wins.

The match at Wrestlemania has Cena firmly in control.  Lana gets on the apron and tears her skirt off.  This does not distract Cena.  Lana then takes her top off.  Still nothing.  Finally, Lana takes off her shoes.  The bottom starts blinking.  Cena's eyes turn red.  He drops his jorts to reveal red tights with Property of USSR on them.  The Prototype was really a cold war era Soviet secret weapon.  Lana now controls him.  The prototype crushes Rusev with the FUSA.  Lana cuts a promo challenging anyone to try and take out her new Soviet Robot Champion.  A few fools run in, but Cena takes them out.  Roman Reigns runs down, but Cena defeats him.  We are about to go off the air when CM Punk jumps the rails, shoots on The Prototype and makes him tap.  CM Punk is the new champ.

Cena heel turn....check
Lana undressing....check
CM Punk Wrestlemania main event....check
What am I missing here.....maybe a Mark Henry run in?
  • Like 3

1-hour Iron Man Match: Roman Reigns (winner of Rumble, eliminated 25 people) Vs. The Big Show. Special guest referee Corporate Kane. Ring announcer: Jamie Noble. TimeKeeper: Joey Mercury. Outside Ring Enforcer: Seth Rollins. If The Big Show gets a fall, The Authority (Triple H & Stephanie McMahon) are reinstated.

Jerry Lawler, JBL & Michael Cole calling the match, full blast, in surround sound.

ALL THE BUYS~!

Give the WWE Universe what they want! Grab the brass ring! WWE App! WWE Network! $9.99! Longest reigning weekly episodic show in television history! VINTAGE! VINTAGE! They're his Fireflies, Maggle! The World's Largest Athlete! SUPERMAN PUNCH! SUPERMAN PUNCH! No one else does that 'cause no one else can, Maggle!

• Like 4

Thinking about it just now, I think the problem is Wrestlemania is during the first third of the year. In traditional wrestling, you always built up your long feuds for the end of the year.

"In traditional wrestling...."   

This is the 31st annual edition of this event.  What's your definition of "traditional wrestling?" 

• Like 1

If WWE ignores guys like Steen and Generico then the internet says "WWE sucks, they don't get it! this is what fans like!"

If WWE signs guys like Steen and Generico it's "WWE sucks, FREE STEEN, THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE HIM!"

If WWE signs guys like Steen and Generico and then they get over on the main roster it's "WWE sucks, Generico should be champion!"

If WWE signs guys like Steen and Generico and one of them goes on to win the WWE title it's "WWE sucks, HE SHOULD HAVE HELD IT LONGER. BURIAL!"

#hivemind

1-hour Iron Man Match: Roman Reigns (winner of Rumble, eliminated 25 people) Vs. The Big Show. Special guest referee Corporate Kane. Ring announcer: Jamie Noble. TimeKeeper: Joey Mercury. Outside Ring Enforcer: Seth Rollins. If The Big Show gets a fall, The Authority (Triple H & Stephanie McMahon) are reinstated.

Jerry Lawler, JBL & Michael Cole calling the match, full blast, in surround sound.

ALL THE BUYS~!

Give the WWE Universe what they want! Grab the brass ring! WWE App! WWE Network! $9.99! Longest reigning weekly episodic show in television history! VINTAGE! VINTAGE! They're his Fireflies, Maggle! The World's Largest Athlete! SUPERMAN PUNCH! SUPERMAN PUNCH! No one else does that 'cause no one else can, Maggle!

You missed "bizarro world."

The notion from a few pages back that Triple H embraces nerd culture is silly to me. Is it because he has an open checkbook from Vince to hire indy guys that their scouts find? The dude is constantly tweeting himself on fitness magazines, pretty much the antithesis of the pale basement dwellers. He doesn't even book NXT. Another IWC fairytale.

And, besides some dirtsheet speculation (not Meltz), where did anyone say this New Day faction was supposed to be gamers? This was the plan all along, from Big E's preacher-esque promo months earlier to Xavier coming out to ringside to save them. WWE went to the lowest common denominator for their black wrestlers as usual. It's a step above Cryme Time.

Who is the booker for NXT?