DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

This has to be the craziest 30 days stretch in memory.

Sting debuting, the Punk podcast, the Vince podcast, Punk to MMA, NJPW World, NJPW TV in US. Takeover being so much fun. TNA going to Destination America was in the last month too.

Some months something like Del Rio to ROH would be the biggest story. It's barely a blip right now.

Yes, nxt having a good show is much crazier than a murder/suicide involving a legendary wrestler.

Wellllll.... Thanks for contributing to the thread, everyone! Talk to you all next month!

• Like 4

I was going to clarify as "recent memory" since that was the point but I think I'm just going to put you on ignore instead.

Yes, 2007 would not be considered recent memory. "This is the craziest thirty days in the past six years of wrestling".

Brian Kendrick (former WWE Champion) was at the NXT show last night. And he's getting a one week tryout as a trainer. Plus, apparently worked a dark match against Solomon Crowe at the TV ratings tonight.

I bet that conversation with Triple H was awkward as hell.

Brian Kendrick (former WWE Champion) was at the NXT show last night. And he's getting a one week tryout as a trainer. Plus, apparently worked a dark match against Solomon Crowe at the TV ratings tonight.

THAT is the kind of shit that I've been advocating for. London, Johnny Mundo, Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin and MVP (barring any TNA deal) also come to mind as guys who could have a LOT to contribute there as both semi-names and "player/coaches." Samoa Joe, Kazarian, Daniels, AJ Styles would also fit the bill, though they do have that TNA stank on em. I think that, pushing 40, that is simply the best possible role these guys could fill.

I bet that conversation with Triple H was awkward as hell.

HHH just simply couldn't admit that the moon is hollow

Oh man... THE Brian Kendrick vs Zayn, Owens, Breeze, Kidd etc would be fucking incredible.

The one thing I lament over with nXt is that we didnt have this version when Low-Ki was coming through. I know he burned his bridges but that guy was a legit star and would be amazing to watch on this show.

Sting debuting, the Punk podcast, the Vince podcast, Punk to MMA, NJPW World, NJPW TV in US. Takeover being so much fun. TNA going to Destination America was in the last month too.

Some months something like Del Rio to ROH would be the biggest story. It's barely a blip right now.

Yes, nxt having a good show is much crazier than a murder/suicide involving a legendary wrestler.

You must be the kind to show up at a funeral to laugh at a widow(er)'s grief. Even I'm not that harsh.

• Like 1

Here, lemme give this a go for you:

This has to be the craziest 30 days stretch in memory, that we don't try to actively ignore.

NO BE QUIET CHRIS BENOIT REMEMBER? CHRIS BENOIT IT IS ALL I THINK ABOUT THERE IS NO KEVIN OWENS DEBUT ONLY CHRIS BENOIT

Ugh. No.

Seconded on wishing Kaval was on the current NXT show.

Also who ever thought that NJPW could be the legit competition for WWE viewers? With the US deal in place, Global Force bringing in JR, and World launching, that is pretty amazing.

• Like 1