DVDVR Message Board

11/10 Raw Spoilers From Liverpool

Patrick B.

I've been fine with Corporate Kane for the most part, but he may be at a point where his physical activity needs to be reduced even further. Last week there was the trip on the floor, and this week he seemed out of position or a half-step off for that entire closing segment. Any time he was on screen at the end, everything just looked awkward. He might be at the "stand in the background and look intimidating without doing anything physical" stage of his career.

I like the New Day promos so far. It's a new gimmick. I would have liked The New Nation (Xavier's commentary was really fun on a Main Event) but all three of these guys are natural faces. Big E. also did a really good/funny preacher voice when he was feuding with Rusev.

I don't expect them to become the new Shield or anything like that, but they'll be a fun mid-card act.

• Like 1

Didn't get why they had to muddy the waters with Ryback by having him go Authority in the opening segment, THEN turn him again in the ending.

Oh well.  Bro, shadez of gray.  Shadez of gray, bro.

Not only was that stupid, but so was putting Swagger on Team Cena only to take him off in the same fucking show. Maybe if they built things up and gave angles time to develop, this wouldn't happen. It's as if someone said, "Oh fuck, Survivor Series is only about two weeks away, cram in as much as possible."

I like the New Day promos so far. It's a new gimmick. I would have liked The New Nation (Xavier's commentary was really fun on a Main Event) but all three of these guys are natural faces. Big E. also did a really good/funny preacher voice when he was feuding with Rusev.

I don't expect them to become the new Shield or anything like that, but they'll be a fun mid-card act.

That preacher voice that Big E was doing for the Rusev feud was terrible. I really hope he doesn't continue to use it. Kofi actually getting a character beyond smiling Face that likes to jump a lot will be interesting though.

In general, I did like the way Raw worked narratively. In fact, it's probably the strongest episode I can remember in years and years. I wish they had built up Swagger joining a little more but I liked the way he got eliminated (and the Ryder mention in the opening promo) and how that led to Cena getting banned from ringside for the Ziggler match and Big Show running down to make the save. The Rusev stuff worked in setting up Sheamus joining after the count out. They built to Ryback turning on the Authority all night. 

It was probably the tightest plotted episode of Raw in years and years.

• Like 6

Didn't get why they had to muddy the waters with Ryback by having him go Authority in the opening segment, THEN turn him again in the ending.

Oh well.  Bro, shadez of gray.  Shadez of gray, bro.

Hopefully, maybe, it lets The Big Guy be in a Cena storyline without turning into Cena's 'lil buddy.

So is New Day some sort of motivational speaker team or just more of the same "wrestling employing black stereotypes" thing?  PRAISE THA LAWD and all that? 

Which direction do you think is more likely?

Put your hand down, Greggulator. :angry:

Edit:

I'll give it chance, but I know how it will end.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 2

So is New Day some sort of motivational speaker team or just more of the same "wrestling employing black stereotypes" thing?  PRAISE THA LAWD and all that? 

Edit:

Given the former is Bo's gimmick, one would imagine the latter. Though Bo as a 4th member might actually work.

So with Rusev in there, do they:

a) do a standard double count-out with Sheamus?

b) have him take a million and a half finishers before going down, ala what they did with Skip Sheffield in the Nexus 7 man at Summerslam?

c) have him be the sole survivor and beat Cena clean, although Cena has another shot at Lesnar, and basically just did the same thing with Lesnar a few months ago?

B is the least likely, but I'd like to see what he can do with Orton for a few months before the Cena match at Mania. Him taking a Brogue Kick, Knockout Punch, AA and then an RKO and then barely staying down would probably build him up more than the predictable double countout.

In my ideal match Rusev would run through everyone. Him losing for the first time at Survivor Series in a clusterfuck tag doesn't do much for him, I don't think.

In actuality i think he and Sheamus go to a double count out brawling around the ring.

Sheamus passes out again, Rusev refuses to release the hold and gets DQ'd. Ryback picks him up into the Shellshock and throws him backward out of the ring.

There, how's that?

They interviewed Kane in Zoo magazine for some reason. He said he was playing a new FPS game online (he didn't say which one, but I think it's probably quite obvious), where you can scan your face and have that be your avatar, so he scanned a Kane mask and used that. Didn't mention if he was wearing the mask or if it was just on a mannequin or what.

Edit:

Given the former is Bo's gimmick, one would imagine the latter. Though Bo as a 4th member might actually work.

Bo doing a Joel Osteen gimmick would be amazing. What did Rotunda do to those kids to make them both crazy preachers.

So is New Day some sort of motivational speaker team or just more of the same "wrestling employing black stereotypes" thing? PRAISE THA LAWD and all that?

Edit:

Bo doing a Joel Osteen gimmick would be amazing. What did Rotunda do to those kids to make them both crazy preachers.

He taught them how to use organized religion to get tax exemption status. I know it's a bit of stretch because there aren't religious overtones to Bo's character.

So is New Day some sort of motivational speaker team or just more of the same "wrestling employing black stereotypes" thing?  PRAISE THA LAWD and all that?  Maybe they can bring back Shelton Benjamin's mama to manage them.

So, they're Da Soul Touchaz?

• Like 1