DVDVR Message Board

11/10 Raw Spoilers From Liverpool

Patrick B.

Hey, do I get to start a thread?  Sweet.  From Lordsofpain:

* Lilian Garcia kicks off RAW with God Save the Queen. There are "where's our Network" chants.

* John Cena comes out to a rowdy reaction. Cena announces Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler for Team Cena at Survivor Series. Swagger will face Seth Rollins tonight. Cena then calls Ryback to the ring to discuss tonight's main event. The Authority interrupts with Triple H leading the way. Mark Henry is also with them. Stephanie McMahon announces Henry vs. Ziggler for tonight. Both teams want Ryback but he ends up attacking Cena and joining Team Authority.

* Seth Rollins defeated Jack Swagger with a Curb Stomp. This was a good back and forth match. Rollins hit a second Curb Stomp after the match.

* Promo from Dean Ambrose on the big screen. He's not afraid of demons and will drag Bray Wyatt to hell at Survivor Series.

* Segment with Kane and Ryback. Kane tries to rally Ryback but Ryback says he has his own back and isn't worried.

* Paige defeated Alicia Fox. Huge pop for Paige.

* Stephanie McMahon points out to Rusev and Lana that The Authority gave him a title shot last week.

* Lana and Rusev come out for his United States Title victory celebration. Sheamus interrupts after the Russian national anthem begins.

* Sheamus vs. Rusev for the title is next. Rusev retains after a rather dull match. They brawl to the floor after the match and The Authority makes the assist for Rusev. Stephanie congratulates Rusev and asks if he's joining the team, which he does.

* The Miz and Damien Sandow defeated Los Matadores.

* John Cena and Dolph Ziggler are backstage. Triple H interrupts and bans Cena from ringside during Ziggler's match against Henry.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Mark Henry by DQ when Henry uses a steel chair. Henry beats Ziggler after the match until Big Show makes the save. Show announces he's on Team Cena.

* A backstage segment welcomes Sheamus to Team Cena.

* AJ Lee defeated Brie Bella in another dull match. Nikki Bella attacked AJ after the match and posed over her with the Divas Title.

* Backstage segment with Ryback and Mark Henry talking about their WrestleMania match. Henry welcomes Ryback to Team Authority.

* Tyson Kidd defeated Adam Rose when The Bunny distracted Rose. Rose attacked The Bunny after the match. Erick Rowan appeared at ringside for no apparent reason during the match.

* John Cena defeated Ryback by disqualification when Kane came in the ring. Kane and Ryback had words and Seth Rollins got in between them. Ryback nailed Rollins, Kane nailed Ryback. Team Authority beat down Cena. The rest of Team Cena came down but they got taken out also. Ryback came back in the ring and cleaned house of The Authority. Ryback left on his own to a big pop as RAW ended.

Not sure if I'll watch tonight but the Ryback arc is exactly how I would write it if I had such powers. Lured by The Authority (as he was a heel until his quick return) and then chicanery occurs leading him to do the right thing, despite a tenuous relationship with Cena and the rest of the team. And that becomes a big sub-plot into SS: Can Ryback be trusted?

Perfect. It all depends on the execution, naturally, but that's how the story should commence.

I read on another report they announced for Smackdown: Kane & Bray Wyatt vs. Deam Ambrose & Chris Jericho.

I guess Chris Jericho really isn't a big deal anymore, if they don't even bother putting his return on Raw.

EDIT: Holy shit, Dark Main Event was Cena, Sheamus & Big Show vs. Rollins, Noble & Mercury. Why couldn't this be on the show?

We're one stop closer to turning Adam Rose into Leo Kruger,

Jack Swagger is in Team Cena? I guess they needed a guy they can eliminate almost immediately.

I think Kane is also someone that will be a quick elimination. The less Kane is involved the better.

Saw a Survivor Series graphic that had the teams as Cena/Ziggler/Show/Ryback/Sheamus vs. Rollins/Kane/Henry/Rusev/Cesaro.  Orton may be off filming his movie, which would be weird with the show in St. Louis.

I'd be okay with Noble & Mercury as a regular tag team.

The problem with The Authority is the two best workers in the group are the new age Stooges.

EDIT: And I say this despite like Rollins and Triple H both quite a bit. It might not be fair to say Mercury is better, but The Redneck Messiah damn sure is.

• Like 1

I'd lump Kane in with the new stooges. If Noble and Mercury are Brisco and Patterson; Kane is Commissioner Slaughter. Jamie "By God" Noble is certainly the best of The Authority.

I hope Stephanie keeps spitting out kids to keep her and HHH off tv as long as possible. Their characters haven't just jumped the shark, but the shark has died, and its corpse is being fucked.

Necrophilia and beastiality is not best for business.

I'd lump Kane in with the new stooges. If Noble and Mercury are Brisco and Patterson; Kane is Commissioner Slaughter. Jamie "By God" Noble is certainly the best of The Authority.

I hope Stephanie keeps spitting out kids to keep her and HHH off tv as long as possible. Their characters haven't just jumped the shark, but the shark has died, and its corpse is being fucked.

And yet, Kane's still there.

Aw come on man!

It's not nice to refer to Tori that way. 

That tag match would look a lot better if Lesnar/Orton was on the show as the main. As the main event by itself, it doesn't seem very special. I'll never understand how WWE went to like 50% gimmick ppvs and ditched KOTR (which was an awesome gimmick) but kept Survivor Series when throwing pairs of feuding heels and faces into a tag team match along party lines has been Raw/SD's gimmick for the last 15 years.

Hey, bestiality was Kurt Angle's thing, give him some credit.

The look on Triple He's face at Luke Harper was number one and best.

3cc644363586436.jpg

0bd2ea363586451.jpg

Opening segment killed a bunch of time. HHH yells about EVERYTHING BEING ON THE LINE AT SURVIVOR SERIES. So...what title matches are on that show? And HHH is God now in addition to being the King of Kings. He's making Jeff Jarrett's inferiority complex seem minor. Seth-Swagger was okay. Loved Paige-Alicia putting Paige over huge in her home country. STEPH HAS SCRATCHED AND CLAWED HER WAY TO THE TOP! SHE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGES OVER ANYONE! Wacky US Title celebration was fun until Sheamus got involved. Loved their match. Sheamus was caked in sweat afterwards and they had a great fisticuff-heavy bout. Sheamus losing via goofy countout sucked, but he sold it so perfectly. Dude just looked so devastated and the sweat sold it even more.

MizSwoggle ruled. Tag match was fine. Dolph-Henry was fine. AJ-Brie was a thing until Nikki stole the spotlight from Brie and nailed a perfect Rack Attack on AJ. I loved Ryback growing more and more annoyed by the Authority sucking up/insulting him as the show went on. Rose-Kidd was a thing. Not really a match though. Loved Tyson having to physically force Rose to stop moving so goddamn much so he could do the sharpshooter. WWE NETWORK IS FREE FREE FREE! Fuck. Right. Off. After a century of filler, the main event was an okay match, but never great. Harper joining Team Authority was done poorly, but I'm glad to see he, Ryback, and Dolph back in a prominent position.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/11/wwe-raw-11-10-14.html

Screens -

6a1265363567389.jpg

d3d392363567416.jpg

000f50363570223.jpg

9fecf4363584317.jpg

7e7762363571470.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/lmeaec1e40wkm1brbwrxl465crlyek70

So, I guess Survivor Series is now Cena/Ziggler/Big Show/Sheamus/Ryback or Orton? vs. Rollins/Kane/Rusev/Henry/Harper. Ryback joining Team Authority only to turn on them at the end of the show is right out of the Vince Russo playbook. I'm not thrilled with Luke Harper being just another Authority lackey. I really don't like Harper and Rowan being separated from Bray. What cult leader ever willingly let their followers back into society? Jim Jones? No. David Koresh? No. Marshall Applewhite? No. The SS tag match and Wyatt/Ambrose should be good. I'd like the lower card guys without something to do getting a SS tag match.

PPV so far:

Cena/Ziggler/Show/Sheamus/Ryback(?) vs. Rollins/Kane/Henry/Rusev/Harper

Ambrose vs. Wyatt
AJ vs. Nikki

I-C and U.S. Champs are in the main, Divas' Title being defended.  I imagine there will be some sort of elimination match with the tag teams(Usos/Matadores vs. Dust Bros./Mizes?) and maybe one with the other women.  Hope Cesaro gets something to do.