DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

When did Taker first do the plancha? The Inferno Match?

I think he did one against Sid at either the first or second IYH event in 1995.
Believe it or not, that was actually Nash who did a plancha vs. Sid. It was during a lumberjack match.
From my review ON THIS VERY BOARD

And as I'm typing this, Kevin Nash out of nowhere attacks the band of heeljacks with a tope con hilo...Repeat THAT last sentence as many times as necessary.

Lucha is clearly not my first language.

It's not mine either. I used plancha but wouldn't be surprised if I didn't use the correct term. How about this, "he's a really big guy who jumped over the top rope onto some other guys who were standing on the floor".

I sorted out all these lucha dives in my "X Division Commentary Class" video. 

Hope this helps: bit.ly/1co37oJ

If you can find Bad News Brown v. Macho Man from MSG in a Harlem Street Fight then watch it. I was there live for that match so I might have a little rose tint in my vision but it was really fun

James

Bad News is the only American heavyweight to medal in judo at the Olympics (1978).  And yes, the story of him and Andre on the bus.

Also, if the Authority is written off and Triple H steps back, expect Sami Zayn to be the Iron Sheik to Rusev's Nikolai Volkoff by Mania.  Vince without a voice of reason is going to be downright hazardous.

I've been watching Survivor Series from the first one, and as a result I've discovered BAD NEWS BROWN.

Any matches I should look out for? Interesting trivia? 

There was an angle in Stampede where Bad News turned on Mongolian Stomper's "son" that was supposedly so brutal, the ring announcer Ed Whalen quit over it (or threatened to quit), and the footage of the attack never aired.   The incident is on YouTube but right when Bad News starts to beat the shit out of him, it just cuts out.

http://wrestling-edge.com/triple-h-allegedly-says-racist-remarks-around-wwe-employees/?utm_content=buffer9e149&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So does there seem to be any weight behind this, or is it just del Rio's sour grapes?

If this blows up and the stockholders have anything to say about it, does Triple H leave?  Or does this get swept under the rug?

Unless there's a smoking gun nothing will happen. If it was going on the whole time but Del Rio or Ricardo never said anything until they were let go, I wouldn't expect anyone under contract to come forward now either.

Considering the things that have come out about Ricardo I don't really think he should be going down this road and Konnan chiming in doesn't help their case at all as he doesn't seem to have a credible opinion on anything.

What's come out about Ricardo?

Considering the things that have come out about Ricardo I don't really think he should be going down this road and Konnan chiming in doesn't help their case at all as he doesn't seem to have a credible opinion on anything.

I've missed some news......what came out about Ricardo?

I've missed some news......what came out about Ricardo?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/515813-ricardo-rodriguez-on-his-wwe-departure-his-relationship-with-alberto-del-rio-triple-h-poking-fun-at-him

Why would the authority being written off TV mean HHH/Stephanie stop doing their real jobs??? If it's even true, they probably just don't want to cart out a pregnant woman to the ring. And if they, with the guest hosts and scooby doo cross promotion, are the voices of reason, I will take kooky old Vince and his track record.