DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I've heard that he's allegedly a real creep and inappropriate towards women.

It's really too bad what went down with ADR and RR. They were such an awesome act together and neither was the same after they split them up. Del Rio without him didn't work as a character and Ricardo without Del Rio was a big nothing. Ricardo was much better in the position of being Del Rio's announcer/manager than he ever would've been as an actual wrestler.

• Like 1

I just don't get why ADR keeps on talking. There's one game in town that is paying high six figure plus salaries. I can understand why ADR would be privately pissed but whats to gain from repeatedly burning your bridges?

That's probably all you need to know about the circumstances surrounding his release.

I love Randy, his promo's his matches the look everything was so far and away different in any era he was in the Macho Man was transcendent  he was so different so outlandish so brillant it could fit in any place in time. He was truly something else. And thats my fanboy moment of the night. Unless Tommy Dreamer, Booker T, or RVD come up.

• Like 1

I just rewatched Flair-Taker. The best part besides the AA run in is the part right after the match where Lil Naitch raises Taker's hand and Taker clotheslines the fuck out of him for funsies. I legit LOLed.

Steal Your Lunch Money Undertaker was kind of great.

THE BRAWK LAWK. Man that's a move Lesnar needs to bring back in his next match with Cena. Just try and break him in half in the literal and figurative sense.

As for The Macho Man, I honestly believe had he not died Triple H could have gotten him to make peace with Vince over what ever it was. Triple H got Bruno and The Ultimate Warrior back. Savage could have absolutley happened and who knows with this authority thing happening we could have been talking about commissioner Macho after Survivor Series.

• Like 1

So, knowing absolutely nothing about Hoodslam aside from whatever's in that article, it kind of reminded me of a new-age ECW.  Is there any chance for this to get that sort of foothold in the wrestling world?  I mean, it seems unlikely, especially with wrestlers drinking and smoking up during matches and the like.  But it sorta seems like they could maybe tone that down somewhat and make some headway with a rabid audience and a product that's quite unlike anything on TV, wrestling-wise, in the US today.

How are the shows, by the way? Any good?

So, knowing absolutely nothing about Hoodslam aside from whatever's in that article, it kind of reminded me of a new-age ECW.  Is there any chance for this to get that sort of foothold in the wrestling world?  I mean, it seems unlikely, especially with wrestlers drinking and smoking up during matches and the like.  But it sorta seems like they could maybe tone that down somewhat and make some headway with a rabid audience and a product that's quite unlike anything on TV, wrestling-wise, in the US today.

How are the shows, by the way? Any good?

Hoodslam shows are certainly the funnest I've been to in quite a long while. There's certainly the "ECW vibe," but I'd credit that more to them being new and different than the extreme/hardcore wrestling stuff. 

I'd say the adult nature has only added to it's popularity. It draws 1000+ (standing room only) monthly. Even the Big Time Wrestling shows who will bring in names for shows and is traditional family friendly pro wrestling, don't draw the numbers Hoodslam regularly gets. There also seems to be a "draw" among wrestlers who want to work Hoodslam and experience what it offers. 

The Brian Kendirck, Drake Younger, B-Boy are just a couple guys I've seen there and had good things to say about the promotion. 

Hoodslam is definitely awesome.

I think a face Paul Heyman doing a Dana White character as a authority figure is the way to go. Remember that one ecw ppv that opened with Paul in the production area, wearing the headset, and he announced a few injuries and match changes and promised the best fuckin show you could ever find.

Bottle that and have every raw open with him running down and hyping the card and being ringside for main event title matches. I'd buy that for $9.99.

• Like 1

Huh, I thought he said it was Fujinami in his book. I could be wrong or he could be mixing dates. Plus they fought twice, once at the WCW/NJ supershow and again on a Superbrawl.

EDIT: Since we're talking about it how were those two matches, as well as the Collision in Korea matches in general? Hase/Sasaki vs. Steiners looks like a must-watch and I'd also check out Hash vs. Norton just for the hell of it. Then you have Hawk vs. Yasuda going to a merciful two minutes and Benoit vs. Scorpio going a pathetic six. You ain't getting me through Flair vs. Inoki no matter the "once in a lifetime" gimmick behind it.