DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Can't we just get Rusev winning the US Title on the Network and be spared the "SHEAMUS LOVES THE USA" angle? If you want a valiant babyface to face the evil Russian, just get Dolph Ziggler to do it. Have Rusev unify the US and IC Titles and run through everyone until Brock Lesnar returns to kick ass. 

Lesnar vs. "The Unstoppable" Rusev in a match with the WWE Championship on the line. 

There was about a 4-5 year stretch where they had a problem with long-term buildups to WrestleMania. 18 is smack in the middle of that stretch.

It's not a BAD show by any means, though.

Coincidentally, i just watched this show. Pulled it up for the Flair/Taker match and ended up watching almost the whole show. Really solid from top to bottom, hidden gems in DDP/Christian and Hall/Austin. Boy is the four way tag match a sloppy mess though. Blown spots left and right, looked like amateur hour out there.

We ordered that PPV cuz of Hogan vs The Rock plus me and my brother were huge fans but I remember my dad was on the fence about ordering it until they made the Ric Flair-Undertaker match as he was a HUGE Crockett fan back in the day. He marked HUGE when Arn came out and spinebustered Undertaker. He no joke screamed "Oh my God, it's Arn Anderson!" he was at the time a 45 year old man getting worked up over an Arn Anderson run in. I thought that was very cool and still do.

• Like 3

One of those things former-WWE Creative Alex Greensfield has been saying on MLW podcasts is how fickle Vince is regarding these types of deals. He compared the Network with WWE 24/7 by saying that if it doesn't immediately take off within a year, Vince loses interest and moves on to something else...

I hope that this thing is still around by 2016 with a larger library of things to watch, I hope that it doesn't just fizzle out and shut down....

They have completely stopped uploading classic Raw/Nitro/ECW. They did the same thing with the On Demand at some point. I eventually stopped uploading my credit card information in response. Lazy shit.

The only thing I give a shit about is the old ECW episodes and Nitro. If they don't keep it going it'll be an easy $60 to save.

They have completely stopped uploading classic Raw/Nitro/ECW. They did the same thing with the On Demand at some point. I eventually stopped uploading my credit card information in response. Lazy shit.

They stopped with ECW and World Class months ago.  I was hoping with Nitro they were just going in sections.  If they top out where they are now, I'll be pissed.  Stuff like that will get me to cancel quicker than my disinterest in current stuff.

When did Taker first do the plancha? The Inferno Match?

I think he did one against Sid at either the first or second IYH event in 1995.
Believe it or not, that was actually Nash who did a plancha vs. Sid. It was during a lumberjack match.
From my review ON THIS VERY BOARD

And as I'm typing this, Kevin Nash out of nowhere attacks the band of heeljacks with a tope con hilo...Repeat THAT last sentence as many times as necessary.

Lucha is clearly not my first language.

It's not mine either. I used plancha but wouldn't be surprised if I didn't use the correct term. How about this, "he's a really big guy who jumped over the top rope onto some other guys who were standing on the floor".

challenge:

is there a worse Dog Collar match than Vader  vs  British Bulldog  (Raw 11/3/97)?

if so, i think i need to see it.

i couldn't find it on YouTube, but here's a DailyMotion link (remove the X as it was breaking the board):

xhttp://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/xfals_almoney48_11-3-97-raw/1#video=x2a5ra

P.S.  at least it has the redeeming quality of Steve Blackman debuting. sorta.

Are there any good dog collar matches besides Valentine/Piper?

Big GFW news today.

GFW hooded sweatshirts now available!*  As the temperatures go down for Fall, you can stay turnt up in your new GFW hoodie!

Oh, and they formally announced that they're presenting New Japan's 1/4 Tokyo Dome event for North American PPV.

http://globalforcewrestling.com/gfwnjpwppv/

GFW-NJPW-WK9-WEB2.jpg

That is a busy-ass graphic, right there.

*Surprisingly, GFW hoodies not actually available.

• Like 1

Why are the GFW graphics and color scheme so amateur looking? I know people who have better photoshop skills than that and they do shit for free.

Because they weren't the Cho-Cho-Chosen Ones.

• Like 2