DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER PHOTO THREAD

My bet would be on the Sting choking out Masa Saito.

Ding ding ding! Here's the full promo shot:

tumblr_ncdy5mpGeF1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

Pretty funny mistake on the Sting DVD set, thankfully the WWE went with the other Sting in the wrestling world and not...

tumblr_ncdixxGpOB1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

• Like 11

Does Undertaker only wear martial arts/boxing shirts? Or does Undertaker only take photos when wearing them?

Being a non-standard height/weight combination myself, I'd imagine he wears whatever shirts he can find that fit comfortably and cover all the bits he wants to cover.

I'm far more interested in the fact that Undertaker is a fan of Krav Maga.  Methinks he's gonna have a surprise for Brock next time they meet...

next Undertaker appearance...

Brock in ring

lights go out

*donggg*

Undertaker eventually emerges

then 3 Krav Maga guys come out from under the ring and fight Brock Lesnar as the Undertaker walks down to the ring.

It fits in nicely with them using a body double for the cover photo instead of ONE OF FIVE BILLION PHOTOS THEY EITHER OWN FROM THE WCW PURCHASE or could license.

What? The cover photo is really Sting from around 2000, here's another shot from the same photo session:

tumblr_n1bf9abUqp1sg99p0o1_500.png

Now I'm imagining 2014 Steve Borden wearing a fake chest a la Ricordo Montalban in Wrath of Khan.  Thanks.

(I know that's just an urban legend and it's not true, shut up)

And now I'm imagining the NWO hiring Ricardo Montalban to play the fake Sting back in the day.  He would have made for a better interview than Jeff Farmer and the WCW announcers still would have been fooled.

• Like 1

I just read that Jeff Farmer's brother is Doctors Without Borders founder Paul Farmer.............

Those has got to be some interesting Thanksgiving dinners. One brother is nWo Sting and the other is a world renowned doctor. 

"Sure, you're a great humanitarian and all, but have YOU ever worked the Tokyo Dome?  Fuck off."

• Like 9

It fits in nicely with them using a body double for the cover photo instead of ONE OF FIVE BILLION PHOTOS THEY EITHER OWN FROM THE WCW PURCHASE or could license.

What? The cover photo is really Sting from around 2000, here's another shot from the same photo session:

tumblr_n1bf9abUqp1sg99p0o1_500.png

Wow - I read that a body double was used, but that's definitely the same photoshoot.

I'd like to think that after that pi was taken with SteveSTING and GordoSTING that Stewart Copeland and Andy Somers turn on both of them. Copeland would, of course, smash a bass drum over GordoSTING's head. The fact that the Stings are turned on is so META it makes my head throb!

James