DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

It would be easier to just say to look up the last two years of NJPW & watch the monthly PPVs. :)

Also, always check out their big Jan. 4th Tokyo Dome shows. That's their biggest show of the year.

Pretty much this.  NJPW from 2012 to now has been rock solid. Tanahashi is a sure fire bet for a great match, and Nakamura/Ishii/Shibata are right there with him.

• Like 1

Orton always struck me as a dude who's in the biz for the money, I'm surprised he even takes pictures with fans.

Since his father got so rich that he had to work the Heroes of Wrestling ppv in front of 2,000 fans at 50 years old, I follow your logic.

Yeah, because we all know what a well-mannered young fellow Randy Orton actually is in real life.

Well, he is now. He did an interview last year with Rosenberg where he was just the coolest guy and he talked about how he behaved badly as a young kid who got pushed to the top. And the girl in question is some sort of stalker.

Orton always struck me as a dude who's in the biz for the money, I'm surprised he even takes pictures with fans.

Since his father got so rich that he had to work the Heroes of Wrestling ppv in front of 2,000 fans at 50 years old, I follow your logic.

Cowboy Bob probably made some bank in the 80's. Maybe he didn't save it or who knows why he worked Heroes of Wrestling but he was a prominent fixture in 2 Wrestlemanias and worked shows with Piper and Hogan.

Cowboy Bob probably made some bank in the 80's. Maybe he didn't save it or who knows why he worked Heroes of Wrestling but he was a prominent fixture in 2 Wrestlemanias and worked shows with Piper and Hogan.

My lord.

Some old dudes just like to wrestle because they like wrestling. I find it hard to believe that Terry Funk and Abdullah wrestled as long as they did because they were broke and not just because they really liked being pro wrestlers. There are a lot of Randy the Ram old guys I am sure but I don't think ALL of them are like that.

Some old dudes just like to wrestle because they like wrestling. I find it hard to believe that Terry Funk and Abdullah wrestled as long as they did because they were broke and not just because they really liked being pro wrestlers. There are a lot of Randy the Ram old guys I am sure but I don't think ALL of them are like that.

Seriously. Tully Blanchard isn't broke and he did Heroes of Wrestling. It was probably an easy payday. Why turn down a grand or two and likely free accommodation/travel for about 10 minutes of work? Not every old guy who's out there wrestling is like Ricky Morton wrestling for money to pay child support.

I doubt Randy and Ol' Cowboy Bob are being paid the same amount of money.

Didn't he sell the Double Cross Ranch a few years back?

In Texas, lots of folks own "ranches" which are really second homes. Keep a couple of head on it, pull in the ag exemption, and have a place to go hunting with your buddies/business associates. When it was for sale, it was listed at 275 acres, so it may not have been big enough to make the kind of money necessary for Terry to hire someone to run it when he was away. Just guessing though.

I think you missed the point re: Orton. Someone said they think he's just it in for the money, I sarcastically said it was because his father did so well. Sarcasm lost. Yes, Randy does well and probably went into the business because he's 6'4, has a great look and is a legacy.

Highly unlikely. Mark Callous's last WCW match was September 7th 1990 and Hogan was back wrestling in WWF in August, so unless they went back and did pickups later in the year and inserted his scene then he wouldn't have been under WWF contract. Not that it would really have made any sense to have a highly protected dark character like that have a squeaky voice in a comedy movie.