DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If we put together a list of best hammy performers in pro wrestling, Paul Bearer would have to be a top five dude. Just the weird faces that he makes on their own would land him that high on the list; I was watching a promo on YouTube and saw him make such ridiculous faces while throwing the promo over to 'Taker that he started laughing at himself before the camera panned off him. 

Plus, his work outside the ring is underrated, especially when he turns heel and starts managing Vader and Kane at ringside. He's yelling stuff like SEND HIM TO HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL OH YES in a ridiculous falsetto while Vader is powerbombing 'Taker, and it just kills me. 

• Like 1

I think you missed the point re: Orton. Someone said they think he's just it in for the money, I sarcastically said it was because his father did so well. Sarcasm lost. Yes, Randy does well and probably went into the business because he's 6'4, has a great look and is a legacy.

The way you said it suggested Bob Orton was penniless and desperate for cash. 

I think you missed the point re: Orton. Someone said they think he's just it in for the money, I sarcastically said it was because his father did so well. Sarcasm lost. Yes, Randy does well and probably went into the business because he's 6'4, has a great look and is a legacy.

The way you said it suggested Bob Orton was penniless and desperate for cash.

I am suggesting to the guy who said Randy Orton became a wrestler only to make money that he probably didn't see a ton of it being made by his father. WWF run ended in late 80s, some WCW in 90s, then mainly indies. I'm guessing there weren't toilets made of gold in the Kansas City Orton estate and that it wasn't the impetus for young Randall to get into the business.

Would anyone have better than Heenan as the temporary evil GM who ends up humiliated and begging for his job when Vince returns shtick?

Speaking of Vince, here

about the importance of silence as a storytelling tool.

I would love to see a documentary of Vince breaking down his favorite angles and matches and moments.

Vince better write a book before he dies.

Randy Orton ‏@RandyOrton  22m

Def not by referring to there likeness with a Jim Henson characterRT @MelissaH25: @RandyOrton How will you deal with stalkers in the future?
  • Like 2

When do new dvds show up on the network? As a big Paul e mark I'd love to see it but I've move on to digital only. Did player is gone.

I think the newest DVD on the network is the Punk one from 2012.

Speaking of...  I really want to hear Gorilla and Jesse on my TV. Even when RAW is terrible they would make it sound like it's fucking AWESOME and we'd be stupid to turn it off.

I related this story to the GTA crew once... The greatest Gorilla/Jesse moment was on some random Superstars when Jesse was promoting Predator, they show the clip of Jesse rolling into the guerrillas' base with his minigun and blowing them all to hell.

They go back and Jesse has a fantastic shit-eating grin on his face.  Gorilla, of course, is shocked and horrified:

"Jesse...th... tha...  That hardly seems fair!"

• Like 2

Nope, that goes to Rock.  Big Eagle, Undisputed, World, Spinner, and Logo.

Oh, and Hogan's tied.  Big Green, Silver, Hogan 86, Classic Eagle, and Undisputed.  One more if you count the Big Gold when it was WCW.

Although if you're counting because they're redoing every belt to change the Scratch logo to the Network logo, then Rock is still ahead, (I think he had the Block Logo Big Eagle before they switched everything to the Scratch Logo)

• Like 1

I'd say yea, if it's something sizable like the WWE/TWCW.  They do it before sporting events after all.

Indy promotions probably should do it considering how many of them run in veterans halls, armories, etc.  But then you're going to get something like John Zandig slurring through the words and mangling lyrics while the H8 Club plays a kazoo in the background.  So it might be better not to bother.

(Or worse, some indy decides to male an angle out of the anthem.)

• Like 1