DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Even *I* think this sounds like Internet trolling:

"- It was said by F4Wonline.com in this week's newsletter that Triple H is angry at WWE fans if they're not subscribing to the WWE Network with the idea that fans are cheap."

Years later and I still have no idea what to think of that ending.

It's easier to understand if you think of Daniel Plainview as Vince McMahon and Eli as WCW and that dude that Daniel Plainview killed in the middle of the movie who was pretending to be Daniel's brother as Randy Savage.

Also, Daniel's deaf son is Shane McMahon. 

So WWE ran a house show in Abbotsford, BC, last night, and the main event was Orton vs. Ziggler.

Ziggler won clean.

I realize it's just a house show and therefore meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but still... Wow.

It was probably Orton's punishment for that Twitter mess.

• Like 1

Someone slap him, please.

I know someone who can do the job and currently has no other job to do.

tumblr_m50nplNviY1qg7zl2o1_500.gif

Did someone spill some spaghetti sauce there?
What movie is that?

There Will Be Blood

Was going to simply "like" this as a thank you, but I ran out of 'em, so thanks!

So I saw the supposed match times for SummerSlam. Most of it makes sense. Then you see Reigns-Orton for 20 minutes listed. God no, please. I can't do 20 minutes of Orton making faces and Reigns struggling to find some mid match moves, I just can't.

Thus spake Da Meltz:

For those wondering about the Dolph Ziggler win over Randy Orton last night in Abbotsford, BC, which may happen in Yakima, the reason is that it was advertised as Orton vs. Roman Reigns, and Reigns was in Australia instead.   The rule of thumb is to put the face over in the main event anyway, but when it's a sub for the main attraction face on the show, the rule is even stronger.  It's not a sign anybody is mad at Randy Orton or he's being punished.

Hm, Sting's son is playing college football. if Jim Ross still ran talent relations, he would cold-call Sting Jr about becoming a pro wrestler within 10 minutes of him graduating from school.

Here's Steven Borden from the University of Kentucky.

9049828.jpeg

Personal: Born in Atlanta, Ga. ... Son of Steve and Sue Borden ... Major is in integrated strategic communications.
Community Cats: Participated in an event with the Special Olympics (2013) ... Helped with service event at Elkhorn Calvary Church (2014).
Steven Says ... If I could trade places with any athlete, it would be: Kelly Slater ... Other than the NFL, my dream job is: professional surfer ... My game-day superstition is: putting on my left cleat first ... The coolest thing about being at UK is: the game day atmosphere and the fact that we have the best fans in the country ... The one thing I like most about football is: the intensity and competition.