DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

If I were a betting man, I'd say IF Sting is on TV, he's likely going to use the Crow-era theme since 1) it's a Jimmy Hart/Howard Helm written, non-soundalike, non-stock song that they probably own the rights to through the WCW sale, and 2) that casting call a few weeks ago looking for orchestra people to wear face paint. Of course, they might always just come up with their own original piece. I'd be amped if they used the version from the Ready To Rumble soundtrack, honestly:

The 'wet look' has gone completely insane and needs to go. Bo Dallas looks like he just swam a couple of laps in the pool before coming through the curtain and Seth Rollins is literally creating large water spots in and around the ring by just standing in one spot. I guess its going to take someone (a top guy like Cena, Kane, Big Show, Lesnar, etc.) slipping on a water spot for WWE to stop the wet look. I don't mind guys wetting their hair alittle like Ziggler or like what Sid did back in the day- but fuck!

Reigns said in an interview a few weeks ago that the Shield was doing it so no one could grab them as they were coming out of the crowd.

He also said that Bo dumps 5 bottles of water on himself and everyone looks at him like "What the hell are you doing?"

Ridiculous. Isn't there fear of quality water becoming an increasingly valuable (in monetary terms) resource in the not too distant future? They're just wasting it!

Also, can anyone recommend me some Prince Devitt matches?

His match vs Zack Sabre Jr was pretty great and is on Youtube as the semi main event of Progress Wrestling's Chapter 13 show, which they put up in its entirety for free. None of the Bullet Club run in hijinks that pissed people off in his NJPW heel run, and also he's The Joker.

• Like 1

I know that Nattie trained in the Hart Dungeon and all, but this is taking it a little too far.

Christopher Donnelly, a prisoner in the state of Pennsylvania, recently filed a lawsuit against WWE and Natalya. Donnelly actually made a several page hand-written filing and alleged that Natalya is an evil dominatrix that abused him mentally, physically and emotionally from 2005 until 2009.

I buy it.

I know that Nattie trained in the Hart Dungeon and all, but this is taking it a little too far.

Christopher Donnelly, a prisoner in the state of Pennsylvania, recently filed a lawsuit against WWE and Natalya. Donnelly actually made a several page hand-written filing and alleged that Natalya is an evil dominatrix that abused him mentally, physically and emotionally from 2005 until 2009.

I buy it.

You know what this means, right?

It means that Louis the Cat has found a way to escape by transferring its soul into someone on the outside.  But it wasn't able to choose and ended up ironically switching with this guy in a Pennsylvania prison.  Not the best outcome for Louis, but still probably a relief and he's looking for a way to make this work. 

But that poor guy trapped in Louis now.  That's fucked up, guys.  If dumb animals who belong to hot blonde lady wrestlers are able to do this consistently, then any of us could wake up tomorrow as Miz.

I buy it.

She was doing a Stu tribute gimmick? Was the room full of cats?

I buy it.
She was doing a Stu tribute gimmick? Was the room full of cats?

She was helping Teddy train them.

I buy it.

You know what this means, right?

It means that Louis the Cat has found a way to escape by transferring its soul into someone on the outside. But it wasn't able to choose and ended up ironically switching with this guy in a Pennsylvania prison. Not the best outcome for Louis, but still probably a relief and he's looking for a way to make this work.

But that poor guy trapped in Louis now. That's fucked up, guys. If dumb animals who belong to hot blonde lady wrestlers are able to do this consistently, then any of us could wake up tomorrow as Miz.

Was Louis the cat possessed by Azazel? Did he sing Time is on My Side?

• Like 1

Metzler is reporting that Daniel Bryan needs a whole range of other surgeries, including another one on his neck.  

He's out of the WWE's plans completely and there is no time table for his return.  

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/7/9/5886231/daniel-bryan-injury-update-wwe-plans-report

God fucking damn it. 

Poor guy. I feel like he is going to have to start all over, but the most important thing is his health, and hopefully him getting to live a life as pain free as possible. This is snarky and a douchey thing to say, but I feel like if this was Cena he would be back in 6 weeks.

Cena was The Prototype, so he's part cyborg, which would explain his ability to recover faster than a normal man.

Big time bummer. He was so important going forward for so many reasons. Having a guy like that on the roster is so valuable to guys coming up. How much would a house show series with Bryan help like Mojo Rawley?

Also no Bryan vs Brock. That would have been such a great fued.

I think if Cena had a thorough examination, they would find he needs surgery, too. Weren't Bryan's injuries just nagging and he could work through them? I hope this sets a good precedent and guys would get stuff like this taken care of now, but I think most guys would worry about their spot on the card, then being healthy for the long-term.

On an another note, is the WWE taking care of Bryan's medical bills?

What about leading up to the SuperBrawl II match?

Luger had turned heel the year before on Windham.

I say it still counts. If Sting could stay friends with Luger after Lex joined the Dungeon of Doom, I can believe they were still friends for a little while after he joined up with Harley.

No way does it count. Sting had his back turned because Medusa was offering him something hot right there on the Clash ramp.

Poor guy.  I feel like he is going to have to start all over, but the most important thing is his health, and hopefully him getting to live a life as pain free as possible.  This is snarky and a douchey thing to say, but I feel like if this was Cena he would be back in 6 weeks.  

Three weeks, tops.  He'd show up with a Band-Aid on his neck.